Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
: January 06, 2008, 01:33:46 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145275

look at the Attempts. there are 6 games where he throws over 45 pass attempts...You are bound to complete at LEAST half of them when you play against teams with such weak secondaries.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 06, 2008, 01:31:00 AM

alright, well then how come every team in the WAC pass the ball on every play? Cause if they did they'd go undefeated because it's just so easy playin in the WAC.

They pass it a lot but you guys are acting like anyone can just go play for Hawaii and break the career NCAA TD record and go undefeated.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 06, 2008, 01:28:06 AM

Brennan will be drafted and should be a decent QB in the NFL one day with the right coaching and a good O-Line.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 06, 2008, 01:26:35 AM

LOL...Because not every team in the WAC Conference throws the football every play. Watch Rainbow Warrior game once in a while. Educate yourself

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 06, 2008, 01:25:13 AM

Exactly Ryan. They play a weak WAC conference, and they have NO running game what-so-ever. It's like backyard football. Pitch and catch. He is not a great QB.

alright, then how come every quarterback out of the WAC doesn't put up Brennan's numbers?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 06, 2008, 12:49:02 AM

Exactly Ryan. They play a weak WAC conference, and they have NO running game what-so-ever. It's like backyard football. Pitch and catch. He is not a great QB.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 06, 2008, 12:43:49 AM

Two Words - Colt Brennan.
Two Words - He Sucks
ya, he's just horrible. Ya know, if you stick Tom Brady in that Hawaii offensive line he would've done the same things Colt did. Everytime Colt dropped back to pass he had a lineman or a lineback right in his face. Wasn't his fault at all. Brennan is one hell of a quarterback.

It remains to be seen if he can make all the NFL throws and go through his reads. Hawaii's offense is catch and throw.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 06, 2008, 12:28:30 AM

Two Words - Colt Brennan.
Two Words - He Sucks
ya, he's just horrible. Ya know, if you stick Tom Brady in that Hawaii offensive line he would've done the same things Colt did. Everytime Colt dropped back to pass he had a lineman or a lineback right in his face. Wasn't his fault at all. Brennan is one hell of a quarterback.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 30, 2007, 09:08:58 PM

I'm guessing you never watch the Saints play? Brees, when the play breaks down, throws the ball away

I'm guessing you don't know the definition of "tools."

Just so you know, you still have not mentioned any lack of a "tool"
Accuracy.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bryan12112

Starter

#9 : December 30, 2007, 09:02:52 PM

McCown is capable of stepping in and winning when this team needs him. That's all you ask for out of a back up. Now as far as being a future starter, maybe. He needs to learn how to get rid of the ball, and he needs to realize he can't turn every play into something big. Sometimes throwing the ball away is the best option.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 30, 2007, 09:04:24 PM

I'm guessing you never watch the Saints play? Brees, when the play breaks down, throws the ball away

I'm guessing you don't know the definition of "tools."

Just so you know, you still have not mentioned any lack of a "tool"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 30, 2007, 09:05:56 PM

Yes you do throw the ball "away" out of bounds. it's either there or it's not, just don't take the sack. He needs to keep a clock in his head. I'm guessing you never watch the Saints play? Brees, when the play breaks down, throws the ball away

Seems to me he didn't have any plays in which he could have gotten rid of the ball today. The defense was right on him on the sacks.

He didn't play poorly today. He had no primary receiver. Clayton dropping a couple. No deep receiver and his main outlet wasn't playing either. A vet would have had a lot of trouble in that situation.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 30, 2007, 09:00:41 PM

Yes you do throw the ball "away" out of bounds. it's either there or it's not, just don't take the sack. He needs to keep a clock in his head. I'm guessing you never watch the Saints play? Brees, when the play breaks down, throws the ball away

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 30, 2007, 08:59:13 PM

The ability to throw the damn ball away when the play breaks down instead of taking 11 dreadful watching sacks. Oh wait, that isn't his fault because the OL breaks down, not. I watched this guy, I mean its a damn 3 step drop, let the ball go! If it isn't there, then throw it away.

3 step drop, the oline can only hold on so long

You don't throw the ball "away" on a 3-step drop...he's in the pocket...it's either there or it's not...

Another thing he does wrong, is like try to run away from guys, and we end up losing like 14 yards because he thought he could escape. I mean sometimes he does, and when he does I love it, but when we end up losing 15 yards I nod my head. I swear one game he did that, and he totally knocked us out of fg range. I was soooo pissed

He gets 15 yards...great play...he gets -5 yards...bad play...got it...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 30, 2007, 09:06:15 PM

There better be a receiver over there if he decides to heave it out of bounds...otherwise, intentional grounding...most of those 3-step drops are quick slants heading toward the middle of the field...

One thing I will say...he needs to start connecting on those wide-open pump-fake double-moves...he missed Galloway in the HOU game and Pittman today...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools