Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#105 : January 06, 2008, 01:54:22 AM

Exactly Boid, Colt is a product of their system in Hawaii. Look at the last few Hawaii QB's, all have put up huge numbers. Colt Beat Timmy Chang's TD record, another product of the Hawaii system. He reminds me a lot of Gradkowski. Everyone touted Gradkowski's completion percentage numbers but blew off the fact that he played for Toledo, who plays NOBODY at all, and the fact that most of those passes he completed were dumpoffs.

Yes, Colt has over 5700 passing yards, yes he holds the all time NCAA TD record, but one of the weaker SEC defenses in GA made him look like Clark Kent or Peter Parker, not Superman or Spiderman.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 06, 2008, 10:46:49 AM

No I want Culpepper or Jake the snake...or even the guy that played for Houston against us.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#107 : January 06, 2008, 10:51:59 AM

Brennan can make the nice throws.  But when he played an awesome team defense that Georgia flashed at him, he showed some seriously disconcerting signs that he is not going to be a good NFL QB.

He does make all the throws seem easy.  He is pretty tough.  But at the NFL level, when the game is EONS better than the "competition" he faced, will he be the same Colt?

Agree with most of that - watching him against Georgia made me wonder if he has the mental side needed to be successful in the NFL - liked his arm - not so much on the decisions.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#108 : November 04, 2008, 06:58:17 PM

for 2008 and beyond? I don't know, I don't get a good feeling when he's in the game. We all knew that if Garcia went down, we were done anyways. But Garcia will be 38, and I don't feel confident in either McCown or Gradkowski to lead this team long term. Simms I think will be gone no matter what. So not only do we have to find someone to replace Garcia but develop a solid backup as well. Let's hope Bruce Allen and the pro scouting people have targeted someone in free agency to pluck off a roster and get him in Gruden's system in March.

you ask for a "plucking" of a QB from a roster and I give you SoB!!!   

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools