Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 30, 2007, 08:58:27 PM

were talking backup fresh...if he fixed those errors you're talking about he'd be a starter in this league right now.
Those errors can be teached, there are things that can be tought like carrying a football and learning to throw the ball away. I actually remember Brees playing horrible his days in S.D and fixed his game up. Brees is now a top 5 QB, but back to the topic, its obvious he isn't experienced. Probably should hold off drafting a QB.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#16 : December 30, 2007, 08:55:51 PM

Well i guess you and many other posters here are  better evaluators (sp) of talent than the staff at one buc place. SO many of you missed your calling and should be employed by some NFL team somewhere. Amazing.

LOL- Welcome to PR Bschucher! where negativity rains and posers abide.

BucForce

Starter

#17 : December 30, 2007, 08:34:39 PM

for 2008 and beyond? I don't know, I don't get a good feeling when he's in the game. We all knew that if Garcia went down, we were done anyways. But Garcia will be 38, and I don't feel confident in either McCown or Gradkowski to lead this team long term. Simms I think will be gone no matter what. So not only do we have to find someone to replace Garcia but develop a solid backup as well. Let's hope Bruce Allen and the pro scouting people have targeted someone in free agency to pluck off a roster and get him in Gruden's system in March.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 30, 2007, 08:37:29 PM

Yes...all he needs is experience.  All the tools are there.  I would have loved to see him get the action Grads got last year...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 30, 2007, 08:37:46 PM

Competing for the backup spot? Absolutely...

21-28, 236 yds., 2 TDs, 1 INT today...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 30, 2007, 08:37:56 PM

All of the tools are there?

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 30, 2007, 08:39:21 PM

All of the tools are there?

What's missing, Mr. Scout?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 30, 2007, 08:54:46 PM

Nice job cpt obvious. When did I ever say, he doesn't need to be on the roster? I guess you can't knock, his knocks can you?
The other things, I didn't mention, arm strength, touch, mobility keeps him in the NFL, genius.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#23 : December 30, 2007, 08:55:18 PM

were talking backup fresh...if he fixed those errors you're talking about he'd be a starter in this league right now.

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#24 : December 30, 2007, 08:41:47 PM

The way he plays shows why he's a backup

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 30, 2007, 08:42:21 PM

Do tell... whats missing?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 30, 2007, 08:47:05 PM

The ability to throw the damn ball away when the play breaks down instead of taking 11 dreadful watching sacks. Oh wait, that isn't his fault because the OL breaks down, not. I watched this guy, I mean its a damn 3 step drop, let the ball go! If it isn't there, then throw it away. Also, he carries the ball like  he plays flag football,which is easy to strip. I actually hate it when Galloway hold the ball like that. Another thing he does wrong, is like try to run away from guys, and we end up losing like 14 yards because he thought he could escape. I mean sometimes he does, and when he does I love it, but when we end up losing 15 yards I nod my head. I swear one game he did that, and he totally knocked us out of fg range. I was soooo pissed

3 step drop, the oline can only hold on so long

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 30, 2007, 08:49:53 PM

Well i guess you and many other posters here are  better evaluators (sp) of talent than the staff at one buc place. SO many of you missed your calling and should be employed by some NFL team somewhere. Amazing.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 30, 2007, 09:11:20 PM

I'm guessing you never watch the Saints play? Brees, when the play breaks down, throws the ball away

I'm guessing you don't know the definition of "tools."

Just so you know, you still have not mentioned any lack of a "tool"
Accuracy.

21 of 28...that's 75% completion rate.

Hey Luke, Fresh says you need to work on your accuracy.  Go do some drills or something.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 30, 2007, 09:13:28 PM

Especially missing guys wide open. 21 of 28, give me a damn break. You act like he is throwing the ball 12-15 yards. The ball travels 5 yards at most before someone catches the ball. I guess David Carr is accurate

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools