Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

bryan12112

Starter

« #30 : December 30, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »

Yeah, his accuracy on the deep throws is a question mark. But he has the arm strength and he's not that far off. Not like Gradkowski. ;)

Eh, what do I know. Not much. I'll just let Gruden and the coaches do their thing. I would be comfortable with McCown as our #2 QB in '08, though.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 30, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »

McCown looks like a great long-term solution at back-up QB.  Maybe with more reps and experience he might eventually be future starter material, but it's too early to judge IMO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #32 : December 30, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »

Especially missing guys wide open. 21 of 28, give me a damn break. You act like he is throwing the ball 12-15 yards. The ball travels 5 yards at most before someone catches the ball. I guess David Carr is accurate

What does David Carr have to do with 21 of 28?  He would give his left nut to go 21 of 28.

McCown did make a horrible pass to a wide-open Darby (which you labeled a stupid play earlier)

On the Pittman play, McCown should have put a little more air under it.  I only watched the play once, but I initially thought Pittman's short-stepping might have had something to do with the ball being a little out of reach.

Back to the point, he makes two bad passes out of 28 and he is inaccurate?  What about the long pass to Chad Lucas?

« #33 : December 30, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »

Hell Yes !

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #34 : December 30, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »

Man, on that run he had, he was MOTORING!

The problem is, I think he feels he can ALWAYS get a few yards with his legs, and with the line playing the way it is right now, that is simply not the case.

But damn he has some wheels!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 30, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

David Carr has a good completed percentage, doesn't make him accurate especially considering he just throw dump offs. Lets not forgot some other horrible throws he has made in the past this year.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 30, 2007, 09:26:26 PM »

I'm delighted with the idea of McCown as a #2 quarterback.  I am somewhat less convinced that he's a great solution as a future #1 quarterback.

BucForce

Starter

« #37 : December 30, 2007, 09:29:19 PM »

We've all harped on his not throwing the ball away when nothing's there. He is certainly an upgrade over Gradkowski, I'm just not sure he's the long term answer. Gruden's not completely sold on him either. He struggled in week 1 against Seattle, and Gruden promoted Gradkowski again the be #2 for almost half the season. When Grads sucked against Washington after Jeff got hurt, then McCown gets another chance. He needs more reps before he can solidify the backup job.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 30, 2007, 09:31:01 PM »

David Carr has a good completed percentage, doesn't make him accurate especially considering he just throw dump offs. Lets not forgot some other horrible throws he has made in the past this year.

For the season, Luke is 94 of 139 for a completion percentage of 67.6%

McCown is accurate...stats prove a point, your opinion proves nothing.

And just for you information, Fresh, David Carr has a completion percentage of 53.7% and a career completion percentage of 59.7%.  More proof that you spew garbage and don't know what the hell you are talking about.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 30, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

ya right and everyone that says he looks like a long term fit will be jumping down Grudens throat when McCown starts and plays awful. He has no presence, draft a QB PLEASE!!!!! 1st or 2nd round

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 30, 2007, 09:33:06 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5887/career

anyone can be accurate throwing the ball 5 yards.. In houston thats all he did!

lets ignore his first 2 yrs in the league and this year

if not, he was a ROOKIE! Of course though all rookies must be accuarate. on a expansion team come on the team isn't even developed yet..

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #41 : December 30, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »

McCown's robosack tendencies as Fresh has eloquently (and bluntly) pointed out seem to be not going away.

McCown is good enough as a #2 QB, but I can not see him as the long term starter for this offense.  Robosack tendencies in a dink and dunk offense are simply disasterous.  Probably worse than a long windup or even inaccuracy with throws.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #42 : December 30, 2007, 09:38:05 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5887/career

anyone can be accurate throwing the ball 5 yards.. In houston thats all he did!

lets ignore his first 2 yrs in the league and this year

if not, he was a ROOKIE! Of course though all rookies must be accuarate. on a expansion team come on the team isn't even developed yet..

You are such a joke.  David Carr is accurate....that's a good one.  Look at those completion percentages that YOU posted.  Only one, last year, of his six years has been worth a crap.

David Carr just lost his back-up job to Matt Moore today...what a QB.  I'm pretty sure that is the QB you wanted here instead of Garcia.

What a joke.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #43 : December 30, 2007, 09:39:36 PM »

Someone has got to teach him to stop rolling to his left whenever he gets the jitters.  It is absolutely a stupid thing to do even though he has decent arm strength.  I'm afraid he's one of those QB's that will always show potential and make some good plays but every game he will do two or three boneheaded things which could be the difference. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 30, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=18

ask those fans, they will tell you last year=dump offs is high %.. Now he isn't in a offense that throws the dumpoffs why do you think his #'s suck? The offense was KISS

Last year, he was the checkdown machince ala griese

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you satisfied with McCown as #2 QB? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools