Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski Bashers--Read « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Larry Brackins

Starter
#15 : November 23, 2006, 07:57:06 PM

Let me say waht I have been saying since we drafted him.

He
Does
Not
Have
An
NFL
Arm

Period.

Heres a little food for thought.

Vince Young: 6 tds 8ints 1074 yrds 56.1 rating
Matt Leinart: 6 tds 7 ints 1348 yrds 68.1 rating
BRUCE GRADKOWSKI: 9 tds 4 ints 1208 yrds 73.7 rating

He doesnt have a WHAT?
Sorry, but if you watch the other 2 play, there problems are things you can teach. They are fixable. Gradkowski makes the right reads, he just doesn't have the arm strength to get it there.

He doesn't have an NFL arm.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 23, 2006, 07:58:02 PM

The QB/INT ration is now 9/6.  He rated 29.3 against Dallas, by far his worst of the season.

Grads has 5 games to show he can make the obvious, open throws that any QB has to make.  There's only so much you can chalk up to inexperience.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#17 : November 23, 2006, 07:59:34 PM

The QB/INT ration is now 9/6. He rated 29.3 against Dallas, by far his worst of the season.

Grads has 5 games to show he can make the obvious, open throws that any QB has to make. There's only so much you can chalk up to inexperience.
Correct. Experience doesn't teach you arm strength.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : November 23, 2006, 08:01:19 PM

Obviously Karen dosn't have time for that - she craves instant success from a rookie QB.
 Nope, I got plenty of time. I don't like rooky qbs period. That's Gruden's fault for falling in love with Grads & not backing up Simms with a vet. And all the logic in the world is not going to make that game anything but horrible! Losing is not the same as getting punked.   BTW, enuff with the freaking stats! Stats are for LOSERS--which we are.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : November 23, 2006, 08:02:31 PM

Obviously Karen dosn't have time for that - she craves instant success from a rookie QB.
  Nope, I got plenty of time. I don't like rooky qbs period. That's Gruden's fault for falling in love with Grads & not backing up Simms with a vet. And all the logic in the world is not going to make that game anything but horrible! Losing is not the same as getting punked.
Having Gradkowski had nothing to do with not getting a vet backup.

The choice not to get a vet backup was done long before training camp.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

gharen

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 23, 2006, 08:06:08 PM

Not having a vet QB had everything to do with our salary cap thanks to McKay! Had we had the $ we would have gone after Brees. Who I had always thought would be the perfect QB for Gruden.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#21 : November 23, 2006, 08:07:18 PM

Not having a vet QB had everything to do with our salary cap thanks to McKay! Had we had the $ we would have gone after Brees. Who I had always thought would be the perfect QB for Gruden.
No we wouldn't have. Everybody and their mother thought Simms was the guy. I give Gruden and Allen props for not giving him a truckload of money. That being said I wouldn't mind having Simms next year if we can sign him to a 1 year deal.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 23, 2006, 08:09:12 PM

Pirates is right.  We all fell for Simms being the real deal except Allen.  Thank god he was sober enough to not give him the bank too quick.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : November 23, 2006, 08:09:31 PM

No we wouldn't have. Everybody and their mother thought Simms was the guy. I give Gruden and Allen props for not giving him a truckload of money. That being said I wouldn't mind having Simms next year if we can sign him to a 1 year deal.
They tried to give him a 5 yr extention & a $10 million signing bonus--he turned it down.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#24 : November 23, 2006, 08:11:26 PM

They tried to give him a 5 yr extention & a $10 million signing bonus--he turned it down.
Oh yeah I remember reading that, thanks for the reminder.

Well no props to Gruden and Allen, but Simms is an idiot.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 23, 2006, 08:12:29 PM

That was another bogus story courtesy of the local rag.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 23, 2006, 08:12:55 PM

The deal offered, which has been denied by Allen, was still modest compared to most NFL starters.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : November 23, 2006, 08:12:59 PM

If he had played great he could have gotten a lot more money.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : November 23, 2006, 08:15:32 PM

I know they always just MAKE STUFF up! Where there's smoke, there's fire. Why wouldn't the Bucs try to sign him last year?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 23, 2006, 08:19:49 PM

I know they always just MAKE STUFF up! Where there's smoke, there's fire. Why wouldn't the Bucs try to sign him last year?

Allen denied it.  That says a lot for what he thinks of Simms if the story was true because he is calling Simms a liar.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski Bashers--Read « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools