Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eli Manning « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 30, 2007, 01:51:36 PM

I know Eli played well last night, but if you guys noticed, he choked when the pressure was greatest. After the Pats went ahead 31-28, Eli had a chance to lead his team down the field and take the lead back. However, he threw a pick and choked. I've watched most Giants games this year, and the fact remains, Eli FAILS in crunch time and cannot carry this team. He makes mistakes in critical situations. If he has to win the game for the Giants next week, I love our chances.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#1 : December 30, 2007, 01:54:16 PM

its that big monster #27 that scurrs me .. not so much gump.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : December 30, 2007, 02:02:46 PM

If the Giants get a decent lead though we may be toast.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : December 31, 2007, 09:28:13 AM

Hard to believe that ELI is 25th in the league in passing statistics.  Just think if he was halfway decent. The NYG would be an elite team up there with the Colts/Pats.  He must be absolutely atrocious. I haven't seen too many NYG games, but he must be the recipient of most of the NY fan booing. 

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : December 31, 2007, 10:34:32 AM

Eli Manning has all the talent in the world so at any given point, he can light it up. He can make every throw in the book, he throws a hard, tight spiral (he actually has a cleaner throw than his brother) and has good pocket presence. The problem is, he only has these things 50% of the time. The rest of the time he looks lost. He consistently overthrows his very talented and large receiving core. I mean seriously, how can you miss a 6'6 wide receiver with 35.5' length arms and a good vertical. He routinely misses easy throws, he consistently stares down his receivers and if you show him a different defensive look he will collapse. He may well be the Bucs MVP of that game .

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : December 31, 2007, 11:05:22 AM

I think Eli went into the Pats game with nothing to lose. The game was pretty meaningless to the NYG. However, he may tighten up for the Bucs game.   The NY press is already looking past the Bucs and have given the NYG the win already. They're already looking at the Cowboys in round two.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 31, 2007, 11:10:21 AM

Yeah...I really thought that Eli played well, but the Pats weren't getting pressure early.  We need to put the Giants in passing situations and get to Eli.

He can be shaken.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 31, 2007, 11:13:34 AM

Yeah...I really thought that Eli played well, but the Pats weren't getting pressure early. We need to put the Giants in passing situations and get to Eli.

He can be shaken.

We have to get pressure on Eli and stop the run.   Offense get us a lead and then the defense can turn it up a notch. 

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2007, 11:15:31 AM

I think Eli went into the Pats game with nothing to lose. The game was pretty meaningless to the NYG. However, he may tighten up for the Bucs game. The NY press is already looking past the Bucs and have given the NYG the win already. They're already looking at the Cowboys in round two.
No doubt. Its so bad I dont even want to look at the Daily News or Post and its only Monday. God knows what those idiots on WFAN are saying. Its going to be a tough week up here.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 31, 2007, 01:40:43 PM

I think Eli went into the Pats game with nothing to lose. The game was pretty meaningless to the NYG. However, he may tighten up for the Bucs game. The NY press is already looking past the Bucs and have given the NYG the win already. They're already looking at the Cowboys in round two.

He was playing the game of his life (with little Pats pressure) and then had a couple of series there where he flamed out (included the horrible INT - with some pressure) and let the Pats take back control of the game...

The key is pressure...if the front four isn't getting there early...send the house...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 31, 2007, 01:52:20 PM

I think Manning is going to be nervous at the start of this game, and if the Bucs can get him on the ground early, that nervousness will linger and negatively affect his play. That means Monte is going to have to take a few chances early in the game and get some of his guys into the backfield outside of the front four. If they do, it could make for a long day for Manning.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eli Manning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools