Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Jonathan Stewart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 31, 2007, 05:29:51 PM

A man among boys. Has over 200 yards rushing in the 3rd qtr. IMO hes only half a step behind McFadden

Buc31

Starter

#1 : December 31, 2007, 05:41:49 PM

i believe hes not entering the draft.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 31, 2007, 05:42:25 PM

You're the Oregon source, OBF, isn't the word that he's not coming out?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 31, 2007, 05:45:07 PM

waiting for the NFL projection. Said he will go if hes top 10, stay if not. After this game I cant see how hes not top 10. He punishes defense, its great trying to watching CB trying to tackle him

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 31, 2007, 05:46:34 PM

waiting for the NFL projection. Said he will go if hes top 10, stay if not. After this game I cant see how hes not top 10. He punishes defense, its great trying to watching CB trying to tackle him

Sounds like you should root for him to come back to school...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 31, 2007, 05:47:42 PM

Sounds like you should root for him to come back to school...

Id love for him to come back but he shouldnt. If he does he has to be a early heisman candidate.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 31, 2007, 05:52:43 PM

258 yards rushing, 10 YPG. I think hes done for the day.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 31, 2007, 06:12:30 PM

He's really good but I don't see him being the catalyst for the Bucs reaching elite status. I think the team would be best off using their 1st rounder on a left tackle, corner, or defensive tackle and a 3rd or 4th on a Tashard Choice or Rashad Mendenhall type running back.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 31, 2007, 06:20:27 PM

He's definitely top 10, OBF. Even before today. All he did was solidify his standing. He's a stud. I think he's better than Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson and Cadillac Williams – the top backs in the 2005 draft.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 31, 2007, 06:22:27 PM

He's really good but I don't see him being the catalyst for the Bucs reaching elite status. I think the team would be best off using their 1st rounder on a left tackle, corner, or defensive tackle and a 3rd or 4th on a Tashard Choice or Rashad Mendenhall type running back.

are you kidding me the guy is an elite back. Yeah lets use our first round pick on another OL who doesnt live up to expectations. Or get a RB who will make the OL look good.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 31, 2007, 06:27:43 PM

are you kidding me the guy is an elite back. Yeah lets use our first round pick on another OL who doesnt live up to expectations. Or get a RB who will make the OL look good.
So how many of this years playoff teams are elite because of their running backs? Definitely San Diego, possibly Jacksonville, and that is it. If Stewart is the next Tomlinson, then yes, let's get him. If he's not, meh.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#11 : December 31, 2007, 06:48:02 PM

Trueblood and Sears have surpassed expectations this year. Jospeh IMO is still clearly going to be the best OL on the team.  OL wouldnt be a bad pick, but RB would

Jonathan Stewart is amazing, but we dont need him anymore this year than we needed Adrian Peterson last year. You can't justify NOT giving Graham atleast 200 carries next year. Bennett has 2 draft picks invested in him, and personally I want to see him stay here is a reserve roll. Pittman shouldn't be needed anymore (Bennett and Graham are both good receivers). Caddy is in no way out of the picture yet, not in the eyes of the front office. We have Darby who is on our practice squad and being developed

No doubt Stewart is better than all of them, but RB is not going to be a good value for the BUcs in the 1st round. We are deep at RB, and I disagree with your opinion that recent high draft pick OL havent lived up to expectations or wont ini the future

dmxatf23

Second String

#12 : December 31, 2007, 06:55:40 PM

The only back worth spending a Top 10 pick on in this year's draft is McFadden.

-chris

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 31, 2007, 06:57:18 PM

I like Stewart and McFadden, but I don't think the Bucs need a RB. We have Graham and the Bucs can probably resign Pittman or Bennett or both. I think Caddy won't be ready until midseason at best, but as long as we bring back either Pittman or Bennett, we will be ok. With that said, if the Bucs do draft a good RB like Stewart or McFadden (I highly doubt we can get up to get McFadden), I wouldn't be super upset. An elite back is always nice to have.

With that said, I think we need a WR and a C more than a RB. The Bucs biggest problem right now is they are getting no push up the middle from the center and we have only 1 WR that is really any good and Galloway isn't getting any younger. I think the Bucs will try to sign a C and draft a young WR (possibly with the first pick. We could also use a DT and another DE. I think the Bucs biggest needs right now are getting a pass rush out of their D-line via a DE and a DT and C and WR. Those need to be our top priorities this offseason.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 31, 2007, 07:00:47 PM

We are drafting 20 or later and Stewart won't fall that low.  Given that, I agree with ronde bear.  A second tier RB(e.g. bottom half 1st rnd) is not a need.  DT, WR, LT are bigger needs.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Jonathan Stewart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools