Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Jonathan Stewart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Mouse

Rookie

#15 : December 31, 2007, 07:02:01 PM

We have a guy named Earnest Graham that I think a lot of you are forgetting about. He is proven and almost a 1000 yard rusher. Had he started all 16 games he would have had it easy. We pay big money to a guy when we have a great RB right here with Earnest. And when Caddy comes back then we will have a great 1-2 punch.

anberlinrawk

Rookie

#16 : December 31, 2007, 07:02:54 PM

He's really good but I don't see him being the catalyst for the Bucs reaching elite status. I think the team would be best off using their 1st rounder on a left tackle, corner, or defensive tackle and a 3rd or 4th on a Tashard Choice or Rashad Mendenhall type running back.

Mendenhall won't come out if he's gonna go that late.

#17 : December 31, 2007, 07:35:53 PM

I would put Ray Rice right there with Stewart, personally I like Rica a little better

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 31, 2007, 09:10:13 PM

I like WR Malcolm Kelly ALOT better than all 3

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 31, 2007, 09:14:03 PM

Trueblood and Sears have surpassed expectations this year. Jospeh IMO is still clearly going to be the best OL on the team.

Really? I've got to go with Sears. The guy is a natural.

gypsie

Starter

#20 : December 31, 2007, 10:10:19 PM

I would much rather have Stewart at 230lbs than another udersize 200lbs back in Rice. This guy is unbelievable good hands good size and tons of speed, we would be crazy to pass on this guy we need to quit passing on future superstars because its not our greatest need at that minute. Graham has looked great but has never been asked to carry the ball for 16 games. How many players have looked great filling in but flounder when given the starting spot. We need to draft BPA in the first and second that start filling needs. And no position in the draft pays divdens quicker than Rb.

STRICK-9

Starter

#21 : January 01, 2008, 01:30:13 AM

I'd rather trade down and grab a late 1st and mid 2nd.  That way we can get depth:  Cason @ CB, Balmer @ DT and Chris Johnson or Tanard Choice @ RB.  Spend a 3rd on a QB and our 4th on a RT to back-up True....

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 01, 2008, 05:04:58 AM

I would put Ray Rice right there with Stewart, personally I like Rica a little better

what about Rice game you like better? Ive watched both and I think its McFadden/Stewart and a drop.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 01, 2008, 05:07:15 AM

I would much rather have Stewart at 230lbs than another udersize 200lbs back in Rice. This guy is unbelievable good hands good size and tons of speed, we would be crazy to pass on this guy we need to quit passing on future superstars because its not our greatest need at that minute. Graham has looked great but has never been asked to carry the ball for 16 games. How many players have looked great filling in but flounder when given the starting spot. We need to draft BPA in the first and second that start filling needs. And no position in the draft pays divdens quicker than Rb.

100% agree. If Stewart is somehow on the board, and we pass him Ill go nuts. I bet Tampa now would love to have AD and Steven Jackson but oh wait they werent "needs".

I know we have Graham but Stewart is a lot better back.

All I need to know about Stewart hes 2nd all time at Oregon in the dead lift right behind Haloti Ngata

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 01, 2008, 10:37:29 AM

dead lift means nothing for NFL. in my opinion, that isn't the virtue that one needs to tout about stewart. his vision, elusiveness, power, speed, quickness, toughness ...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 01, 2008, 10:41:03 AM

100% agree. If Stewart is somehow on the board, and we pass him Ill go nuts. I bet Tampa now would love to have AD and Steven Jackson but oh wait they werent "needs".

I know we have Graham but Stewart is a lot better back.

All I need to know about Stewart hes 2nd all time at Oregon in the dead lift right behind Haloti Ngata
FWIW Steven Jackson was a 100% need going into the 2004 draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 01, 2008, 10:42:03 AM

dead lift means nothing for NFL. in my opinion, that isn't the virtue that one needs to tout about stewart. his vision, elusiveness, power, speed, quickness, toughness ...
Agree. Stewart is good but weight lifting means nothing. Greg Jones can lift a lot of weight but he sucks at football.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 01, 2008, 11:10:53 AM

nahhh.  stewart's size and speed combo is 2nd to none in this draft.  factor in Stewart's KR skills and Rice isn't in his class.  put rice and mike hart in the same category.  small college backs that racked up a ton of mileage in college.  that spells trouble for their potential in the pros. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 01, 2008, 11:15:47 AM

i agree with those that say RB isn't a primary need but i will say that we shouldn't pass on top 10 talent like stewart if he some how fell to us.  i remember stephen jackson was a projected top 15 pick a few years ago and he dropped like a stone to the late 1st.  I still dont know why we let him get by us. 

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 01, 2008, 11:50:47 AM

The one thing that concerns me with Stewart is his injury history.  I know, I know, it's all been nickel and dime stuff.  But still.  I'm not saying I'd be mad if the team were to be able to take him and do so, but this is one thing I've gotten a bit hypersensitive about.  ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Jonathan Stewart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools