Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for drafting Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: December 31, 2007, 09:06:58 PM

will be made tommorrow against a pretty good SEC team, the Georgia Bulldogz. We could sure use a young QB, to replace Garcia.. He posses a pretty good arm, and accuracy, he is pretty mobile indeed. Another thing, he does a good job hitting the short- intermediate routes. Good draftee in the 2nd round

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 31, 2007, 09:15:01 PM

Yes, it will.  I'm lookin forward to this game, more than any other.  I really believe Brennan could be the young guy to knock the"Gruden can't coach a young QB" label off.  Very curious to see how he does against SEC D.  I've watched a number of Hawaii games and besides the physical talents, he has that certain, leadership quality and a little fire to go with it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 31, 2007, 09:19:05 PM

Something about him scares me. I can't put my finger on it, but whatever it is I'd be afraid of drafting him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 31, 2007, 09:20:03 PM

He scares me if Fresh likes him.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#4 : December 31, 2007, 09:37:39 PM

I would like  to wait for Matt Grothe  or Big Tim Tebow!!!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 31, 2007, 09:47:49 PM

How old are you? Honestly.

#6 : December 31, 2007, 10:21:58 PM

you sure use "pretty" a lot when describing Colt....
got a TV in your closet ?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 31, 2007, 11:29:48 PM

He scares me if Fresh likes him.
Still enjoying the arguement of Early Doucet..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2007, 11:34:29 PM

With three good QBs porjected to go in the first round(Brohm, Woodson or Ryan ), I am hoping one will drop to us.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 31, 2007, 11:48:13 PM

With three good QBs porjected to go in the first round(Brohm, Woodson or Ryan ), I am hoping one will drop to us.

Unless we trade up to the top 15 that is a pipe dream. Of those three I think Woodson gets drafted last and even then he won't be around by the time we pick. I don't see the Bucs targeting a QB yet unless it's for a veteran backup for Garcia. The offense just needs too much work to expect there to be anything for a rookie to work with. Cadillac is parked and our wide recievers are either aging or underperforming and to top it all off we still need a center. I think it'd be better for the Bucs to build a more potent offense for our last year with Garcia and then have a good core for the next guy to work with.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 31, 2007, 11:55:39 PM

Unless we trade up to the top 15 that is a pipe dream. Of those three I think Woodson gets drafted last and even then he won't be around by the time we pick.

We hear this every year but look at the last three seasons.  Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn were both the number one pick on many boards at some point during the draft run up and both dropped in to the 20s.  The team than are looking for a QB for next year will try and address that need in FA, and by the draft not many teams will be desperate for a QB.

gypsie

Starter

#11 : January 01, 2008, 12:02:49 AM

He can make all the throws, quick release, mobil, but you have to worry about his decision making. If you can straighten that out he could be a heck of a qb. Then again you could say all those things about Favre and he has done ok.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2008, 11:35:58 AM

I like his quick release and ability to throw from different points. It looks awkward sometimes but then you realize it could be an asset at the pro level, negating some of the batted balls we all saw a year ago.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 01, 2008, 11:53:03 AM

Something about him scares me. I can't put my finger on it, but whatever it is I'd be afraid of drafting him.

Same here, but if he has a good bowl game, that will mean a LOT.

Mouse

Rookie

#14 : January 01, 2008, 12:31:45 PM

I am back and forth on wheter or not we should draft Colt Brennan. He does have good arm strength, mobility, and accuracy but is he to much of a "system QB". Brennans backup came in and played well and the QB before was great also. Timmy Chang.  And we would have to take him in round 1. That may be to high for him but if we wait until round 2 we will miss out unless we trade up. Everyones decision will come to a conclusion tonight on whether or not he plays well.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for drafting Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools