Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for drafting Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

#15 : January 01, 2008, 12:33:14 PM

the guy is as dumb as a fresh brick

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : January 01, 2008, 03:10:06 PM

After watching Matt Ryan again, I've decided that he is the right QB if he falls, but he probably won't. I love Woodson too, but he has a slower release and that won't work in our offense. I say no to Brennan unless it is in the 3rd, I don't want a possible product of the system QB at the age of 25 during his rookie year, the learning curve is just too big with our offense, and he could be in his 30's before he gets the offense down perfect, if your taking a risk IMO, take a risk on Josh Johnson, he has the tools. If Matt Ryan falls to us in the draft, IMO we have to take him, he will end up being a stud IMO, and is a perfect fit for this offense. I want a franchise QB, and in this draft he looks to be the best chance at that.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 01, 2008, 03:15:03 PM

He scares me if Fresh likes him.
At least Colt doesn't stare his man DOWN, or get all panicy when he SEES the blitz/rush. Tebow is getting OWNED vs Michigan, and its funny because everyone wants Tebow meanwhile he shows nothing he will be special in the NFL. If Tebow leaves his junior year, the guy will be playing FullBack in the NFL.
lmao

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : January 01, 2008, 03:17:55 PM

He scares me if Fresh likes him.
At least Colt doesn't stare his man DOWN, or get all panicy when he SEES the blitz/rush. Tebow is getting OWNED vs Michigan, and its funny because everyone wants Tebow meanwhile he shows nothing he will be special in the NFL. If Tebow leaves his junior year, the guy will be playing FullBack in the NFL.
lmao
LOL... I hate Florida, but that was the dumbest post I have read in quite some time. Tebow is not getting owned, he has no protection and is throwing pretty well. The Kid is a beast, and will be the 1st overall pick in next years draft, so long as the team with that pick needs a QB at all. He has good passing skills and is a punishing runner, the kid is a beast, plain and simple.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 01, 2008, 03:18:18 PM

I don't feel like researching it myself right now, but does anyone know how many of the teams in the playoffs this season actually drafted their starting QB?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 01, 2008, 03:23:23 PM

LOL... I hate Florida, but that was the dumbest post I have read in quite some time. Tebow is not getting owned, he has no protection and is throwing pretty well. The Kid is a beast, and will be the 1st overall pick in next years draft, so long as the team with that pick needs a QB at all. He has good passing skills and is a punishing runner, the kid is a beast, plain and simple.
Are you watching the game, are  you seeing what I'm seeing. How will he be good in the NFL if he constantly stares down his man? I get it, yes he can throw, I know the OL is playing like trash but Tebow is far from NFL ready.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#21 : January 01, 2008, 03:25:57 PM

I don't feel like researching it myself right now, but does anyone know how many of the teams in the playoffs this season actually drafted their starting QB?
Patriots--Brady--Yes
Colts--Manning-Yes
Steelers--Roethlisberger--Yes
Cowboys-Romo--No, but was signed as an undraftred free agent rookie by the Cowboys
Packers--Favre--No
Seattle--Hasselbeck--No
Jacksonville-Garrard--Yes
Bucs--Garcia--No
Chargers--Rivers-Yes, basicaly (acquired on draft day trade)
Giants-Manning--Yes, basically (acquired on draft day trade)
Redskins--Collins--No--Campbell--Yes
Titans--Young--Yes

8 of the teams starting QB was acquired on draft day, and if you include Campbell it's 9. 9-12 teams.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 01, 2008, 03:29:42 PM

8 teams, Colts,Pats,Jags,Steelers,Seahawks,Chargers,Titans, and Giants

Intresting enough, Garrard was taken in the 4th round, he is playing very good.

Admirebucs

Starter

#23 : January 01, 2008, 03:45:23 PM

They guy haven't played anybody and is in a very passing happy offence which is based highly on quick pre reads which isn't good for the NFL

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#24 : January 01, 2008, 03:46:05 PM

Are you watching the game, are  you seeing what I'm seeing. How will he be good in the NFL if he constantly stares down his man? I get it, yes he can throw, I know the OL is playing like trash but Tebow is far from NFL ready.
That is one of the easiest things for a coach to fix... that one thing doesn't make him not NFL ready, by the end of next year this kid will be a ready product, and as soon as he gets some NFL coaching and gets in an NFL offense he will be a great QB. He has had very little help today, outside of Harvin, recievers look scared to reach out for passes at times, and the OL has been more than pathetic, he will be fine, and is a great NFL prospect, the thing that i jumped on the most was that little FB comment, that was just moronic.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 01, 2008, 04:03:50 PM

]That is one of the easiest things for a coach to fix... that one thing doesn't make him not NFL ready, by the end of next year this kid will be a ready product, and as soon as he gets some NFL coaching and gets in an NFL offense he will be a great QB. He has had very little help today, outside of Harvin, recievers look scared to reach out for passes at times, and the OL has been more than pathetic, he will be fine, and is a great NFL prospect, the thing that i jumped on the most was that little FB comment, that was just moronic.
From the last td drive, this was the plan.. Stare my man down, if he isn't open, RUN. You say that is the easier thing for coaches to fix, but we still have some qbs today that do it like David Carr. Lets not assume though anything in the future, right now I would never take the guy #1 overall. If he fixes what I mentioned, and thats a "if", he could be good in the pros.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 01, 2008, 05:14:49 PM

Meyer never adjusts, poor coaching on his part. You can't run 4-5 WR spread sets, when a team is blitzing and man for man coverage.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 01, 2008, 07:37:06 PM

Are you watching the game, are  you seeing what I'm seeing.

Probably not...you have no judge of talent, so whatever you see is incorrect.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 01, 2008, 08:48:35 PM

You act like your an AMAZING talent evaluator, PLEASE YOU'RE NOT

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#29 : January 01, 2008, 08:51:41 PM

Time to see what Colt does against a better team... This will be a little better judge of his talent, I hope he proves me wrong, but we will see.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for drafting Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools