Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for drafting Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#90 : January 02, 2008, 03:09:26 PM

If you say so, Fresh...You have been spot-on over the last few months.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#91 : January 02, 2008, 03:11:17 PM

Yea I did but he had 'enough' time to set his feet. He would have taken a hit if he did but at least the ball would have been OTM for 6.

Fresh is correct on this one...I do think that's his one for the week though...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 02, 2008, 03:12:39 PM

Love the sarcasm. What happen to the ol' saying "Enlightening posters on post at time"

It was lovely. At least I admit my mistake/wrong prediction.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#93 : January 02, 2008, 03:16:46 PM

Brennan was never in the first round
The only reason the talk of CB being a day one possibility will not go away is becuase of the fact how weak the three QB's ahead of him are.

At this point, I'm not sure there aren't at least five quarterbacks ahead of him.  Granted, it's a long time until April, and stranger things than him climbing back into the second round have happened before.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#94 : January 02, 2008, 03:17:24 PM

Yea I did but he had 'enough' time to set his feet. He would have taken a hit if he did but at least the ball would have been OTM for 6.

I gotta disagree, Sammy.  I just went back and watched the play and McCown had 2 guys RIGHT behind him when he was throwing the ball.  If he tries to stop and throw, he will get drilled and probably fumble.

Take another look at the highlight on the Bucs page.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#95 : January 02, 2008, 03:34:36 PM

I gotta disagree, Sammy. I just went back and watched the play and McCown had 2 guys RIGHT behind him when he was throwing the ball. If he tries to stop and throw, he will get drilled and probably fumble.

Take another look at the highlight on the Bucs page.

Biggs,

Right behind him to me means he got drilled after he threw the ball off-balance...what we're saying is he could set his feet -- and yes, he would have gotten drilled -- but he may also have thrown an easy TD...also, remember this is McCown we're talking about and not Simms and his slow release...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#96 : January 02, 2008, 03:39:16 PM

"Being able to set your feet" to me means setting your feet and getting the throw off.  He might have had time to set his feet, but in my opinion, there would have been NO WAY for him to get the throw off.  He would have got hit before the ball came out and fumbled it, more than likely.

He either makes the throw on the run or doesn't make the throw.  He made the decision to try to get the ball to an open receiver in the end zone...he just made a piss-poor throw.

We can agree to disagree if you like.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#97 : January 02, 2008, 03:47:16 PM

"Being able to set your feet" to me means setting your feet and getting the throw off. He might have had time to set his feet, but in my opinion, there would have been NO WAY for him to get the throw off. He would have got hit before the ball came out and fumbled it, more than likely.

He either makes the throw on the run or doesn't make the throw. He made the decision to try to get the ball to an open receiver in the end zone...he just made a piss-poor throw.

We can agree to disagree if you like.

It looks like we'll have to...but look at how fast Luke gets rid of the ball on that pass...he's much quicker at everything than someone like Simms is...he didn't want to take a shot, which is understandable...but he knows there are guys breathing down his neck, so you do an abbreviated set and throw and you've got a likely 6 pts...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#98 : January 02, 2008, 03:51:26 PM

he's much quicker at everything than someone like Simms is...he didn't want to take a shot, which is understandable...but he knows there are guys breathing down his neck, so you do an abbreviated set and throw and you've got a likely 6 pts...

OK.

I don't think he threw on the run because he was scared of taking a shot...that guy usually holds on to the ball forever, one of his weaknesses.  I think he made the throw on the run because he knew he had to in order to get the throw off, not to not take a hit.

But we will agree to disagree.

BucaNole

Second String

#99 : January 02, 2008, 04:08:15 PM

This guy was to busy thinking about his next hit of Maui Wowwy to worry about the game.  The expression on his face looked like that of someone who didn't really care and thought they were so much better than what they really are.  He definitely got exposed last night, one as a over hyped QB and two as a White Mike Vick look alike.

http://brettduncan.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/michaelvickstatement.jpg

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/76963865.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193861A1C1D75ABE90B770B541842D3197B284831B75F48EF45

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#100 : January 02, 2008, 04:14:47 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ar2reutnypXTAGMl3IattjM5nYcB?slug=ms-garcia010208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

New article about Garcia/Gruden's relationship.  I doubt that you'll see Gruden/Allen drafting QBs anymore based on his history with veteran Qbs.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#101 : January 02, 2008, 04:19:54 PM

I wonder if Plummer boy comes out of retirement when Garcia retires  :P

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#102 : January 02, 2008, 04:39:19 PM

Eh I stand by my October decision... Matt Ryan for the win!!

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#103 : January 02, 2008, 05:16:06 PM

You must have been a really big Michael Vick fan.

Nope, cannot stand him and never saw many comparisons between the two since Young stays in the pocket and throws primarily, and Vick took off running every chance he got.

Oh, they're nothing alike as players. But according to the post I quoted, how a quarterback plays apparently has nothing to do with how good a quarterback is. Accolades and winning seasons apparently do. Granted, he didn't play enough his rookie year to get RotY, but Vick was leading his team to the playoffs in his second season. He was injured most of his third season, but the team went 3-1 once he got healthy. If the Titans having a winning record and being in the playoffs means that Young is currently a good NFL quarterback, Vick must have been too.

Michael Vick was a very good athlete but he was a video game type QB which doesn't have a very long shelf life in the NFL(after everyone figures them out), but I guarantee you Young sticks around for many years and only gets better & better and will start in a SuperBowl before his career finishes..........mark my words. 

#104 : January 02, 2008, 06:47:08 PM

Fresh has a collection of Colts stale undies......
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The case for drafting Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools