Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michigan Vs FLorida « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #15 : January 01, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »

Florida got completely outclassed-- Congrats Michigan-- UF better address it's piss poor coaching and defense or there will be more of this to come. That UF secondary is the worst secondary I have ever seen in a UF uniform.

4 freaking TO's and still they cant win the ball game-- thats on coaching!

ranman

Pro Bowler
« #16 : January 01, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

Nice win for llllloyd's swan song.  Congrats for beating a good Florida team.

3paths

Starter

« #17 : January 01, 2008, 05:25:07 PM »

One point a guy on the radio brought up last night is all of the bowl games are in SEC country. They need to start playing some bowls up in Big 10 territory, although it will probably never happen. Michigan won in the Gator's backyard. The score was close but Michigan dominated!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #18 : January 01, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »

One point a guy on the radio brought up last night is all of the bowl games are in SEC country. They need to start playing some bowls up in Big 10 territory, although it will probably never happen. Michigan won in the Gator's backyard. The score was close but Michigan dominated!
Think about it 3-- who wants to go to a bowl in -10 weather with freaking ice sleet and snow all over-- or would you rather go to 72 and sunny-- Just ahppens the SEC is in the Souteast where it is nice this time of year. Most radio personalities are dumb as bricks. The ESPN crew even said today that OSU matches up better with LSU than they did UF last year- Yet UF was 14 pt dogs in that game. Don't take the radio to heart-- think w/ your head.

matt

Starter

« #19 : January 01, 2008, 05:34:37 PM »

Im glad Michigan fans were classy the 2 times Oregon played. Glad they didnt get Les as coach. Congrats to Carr

The best sign I saw said "When you can strike it 'Rich', why settle for 'Les'?"

That being said...what a GREAT gameplan by the outgoing staff. If not for Hart's two fumbles, Michigan would have won by a couple of scores. I'm not taking away anything from Florida, they played GREAT too. In the end, Michigan saved their best game for last. This is what we had expected going into the year. The only silver lining is that Mike DeBord may have ended up the coach, and there is NO Michigan fan that wanted to see that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 01, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

Michigan played it's a$$ off. Rodriguez is walking into a great situation. They're going to be really really fast.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3paths

Starter

« #21 : January 01, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »

I realize where people want to play, but it poses a distinct advantage for SEC teams and I think this guy made a good point. There is going to be a playoff game in Green Bay a few weeks from now right? I think the Big 10 would put a spanking on the SEC teams year after year if the weather conditions were reversed and they were forced to play up north. Think about it, Big 10 teams are built for playing in those conditions so they can make it through the season up there, not for one bowl game. If they did they would never make it to that one bowl game. Football was meant to be played outdoors in whatever weather conditions.

LSU vs OSU is equal as far as weather goes, but it favors LSU because turf allows it to become more of a speed game which the SEC is famous for, plus it is right down the street from their fans. SEC has an advantage year and year out. Just like the PAC 10 with the Rose Bowl. I would like to see a few games get played in the cold, snow and sleet and see if the results start swinging the other way.

Think about it 3-- who wants to go to a bowl in -10 weather with freaking ice sleet and snow all over-- or would you rather go to 72 and sunny-- Just ahppens the SEC is in the Souteast where it is nice this time of year. Most radio personalities are dumb as bricks. The ESPN crew even said today that OSU matches up better with LSU than they did UF last year- Yet UF was 14 pt dogs in that game. Don't take the radio to heart-- think w/ your head.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 01, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »

Congrats to Michigan.  The Gators were out-coached and out-played today.  Not an excuse...but the Refs were horrible!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 01, 2008, 10:53:53 PM »

Ya. Gotta say, Michigan was too powerful for them. Tebow never stood a chance against their blitzing. Oline couldnt block. Dline couldnt get pressure. Great game though. One of the best I've been to.

Meyer's coaching was pretty suspect. The defense couldnt stop a score to save their life. And the offense didnt put up any points off of turnovers. I will say I Michigan fans were pretty classy about winning. No trash talking at all...then again they were seriously outnumbered so maybe they were just playin it smart.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #24 : January 02, 2008, 08:04:10 AM »

I realize where people want to play, but it poses a distinct advantage for SEC teams and I think this guy made a good point. There is going to be a playoff game in Green Bay a few weeks from now right? I think the Big 10 would put a spanking on the SEC teams year after year if the weather conditions were reversed and they were forced to play up north. Think about it, Big 10 teams are built for playing in those conditions so they can make it through the season up there, not for one bowl game. If they did they would never make it to that one bowl game. Football was meant to be played outdoors in whatever weather conditions.

LSU vs OSU is equal as far as weather goes, but it favors LSU because turf allows it to become more of a speed game which the SEC is famous for, plus it is right down the street from their fans. SEC has an advantage year and year out. Just like the PAC 10 with the Rose Bowl. I would like to see a few games get played in the cold, snow and sleet and see if the results start swinging the other way.

Big 10 teams are built to play in the cold but they can't play at 72 degress??? Half their season is that temp or higher. Look at the Bowl regions. You have a heavy dose of ACC, SEC, Big12, Pac 10. Florida has alot of bowls and it has more ACC teams than SEC. And it's not like there are no Northern Bowls-- There is a bowl game in Toronto and Detroit.

gatorgirl!

Starter

« #25 : January 02, 2008, 11:45:51 AM »

It was a great game, but it was obvious which team came to play and which team assumed a win before the W went on the record. It's a shame we lost but it was a damn good fight and probably one of the best bowl games this season. The rest are complete blowouts against crap teams and it's just not fun to watch. This game went to the end and it was friggin great. I wasn't on here posting away because I was AT the game.  It was a GREAT game.

I'll be the very first to admit we got outplayed. They have the size and we just couldn't break it. They clearly put the three weeks of prep time to good use and watched film after film to find our weak spots and they exploited them. They blew up our secondary time after time and their recievers were clearly outrunning our defenders. It was bad. Not only that but it seemed like Michigan had 20 people on the field (hahahaha); it was as though they had 6 blitzing and still enough players to defend the rest of our offense. Our O-line couldn't hold a Michigan defender for more than .5 of a second and Tebow had absolutely no time to get out of the pocket to run or even to get a decent throw off. Our defenders couldn't shed their blocks AT ALL and their offense ran all over us. It was definitely a bit harder to compete with the size of the Wolverines. Meyer choked with the last two series of the game in the two minute warning. With two minutes, they had enough time to throw a screen pass to Harvin and allow him to create yards. Gameclock stops at first down. Instead he started calling crap plays and ultimately the team could make nothing of it. Happens alot to he Gators...Meyer's a great HC but needs some work on his crunch time play-calling.

Frankly it was a good team...a GREAT game....could've gone either way but Michigan came out on top. Congrats to Michigan and it's good to see Carr finish his career on a win. The team and the fans were a classy win and they made the ticket price worth it!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 02, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

3paths, your points might be valid if we were talking about a playoff/tournament system.  But I think you miss the whole point of the Bowls,  $$$$$. 
The Bowls don't exist to decide which team is better or any sort of ranking.  The bowls exist to bring tourists to town, sell tickets and TV time, and pad the coffers of the participating teams.  Thousands of Michiganders and Tennesseans flew to Orlando and Tampa for the week because of the Bowls, 2 or 3 for every 1 at the game.  A Bowlgame in Mi/Il/Wi might bring in ticketholders for gameday, but that's it.  No week long vacations or fans without tickets going for the atmosphere. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michigan Vs FLorida « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools