Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sign if you're tired of the so called "fans" **CENSORED**in « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

rombarrone

Starter

#60 : October 09, 2006, 05:39:26 PM

Difference is Joe Torre has an all star, all pro team, while Grduen has 12 first year starters over the past 20 games. Was missing the luxury of having 6 #1 and 3#2 draft picks., and had zilch to spend without imploding the team and starting over. Torre has the pick of the litter every year. If Gruden had that each and every season I would be the first to fire him.

You're arguing semantics. You can't defend Gruden by saying "he isn't on the field playing" and I don't meen you personaly, but those making that argument. While at the same time say you can blame him if he had a better team. The demise of the Yankees prove you don't need to have the best players. You do however need the best "Team." Which in turn goes to the fo and the coaching staff. The players don't pick who they play with, the staff does. Look, I am for Gruden. If he and the Glazers are smart they should raise a white battle flag and bite the bullet. Start rotating in younger less experienced guys on D (if we even have any) and have Joey mentor someone to start taking snaps in his place. Otherwise, they are looking through rose colored glasses by thinking they can salvage this season. Otherwise, I hate to say they should all be fired.

#61 : October 09, 2006, 05:41:43 PM

I don't think its fair for people t0 criticize those who are putting at least some of the blame on Gruden. He is the HC and OC. I live in north jersey 10 miles from NYC. This is Yankee country. You should see the papers since saturday night. Some want to drag Joe Torre through the streets and stone him. Did he play in the game? Did he swing a bat? Did he pitch the ball? No no and no. Its called accountability. We're 0-4 and people are pissed. Pissed at the players, the zebras and the coaches. That doesn't meen you are not a true fan. In my opinion you do not fire Gruden. But Gruden should begin now to work in some younger players on D and see what they have. This season is over. Let's take advantage of this oportunity to rebuild now...not next season. Offense looked great. Too bad if you minus out Joey the game most likely wouldn't have been as close as it was. That's another thing we need to work on. Joey won't last forever, maybe not even till 2007...
Joe Torre has an owner who flies off the Goddamn handle too much

Sactobuc

Starter

#62 : October 10, 2006, 01:46:40 PM

ME SIGN  "I'm worth at least a Mil."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Bucwild

Second String

#63 : October 10, 2006, 04:34:42 PM

So after 4-5 years you want to threw away the HC we used two # 1's and two # 2 picks and 8 mil. That would  be a bad move by the Bucs.  seeing we gave up an # 1 and # 2 for Walker and two # 1's for Key. You should start to see why we have playing bad. We all knew the window was closing before he got here. Yes, he and Bruce made some bad moves in free agaent to hurt the all ready bad cap problems too.  "The further is so bright you have to wear shades at night"  21mil cap space next year hopefully high picks

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 10, 2006, 05:10:23 PM

The team is certainly out of sorts at the moment.  There appears to be little to be done by most fans as they turn to eat their own.  Few see any bright side to this season and more than a few are exchanging comments about each other with no real thougt.

Everyone had hopes the D could keep it together for one more year.  Frankly, if the D line was half way satisfactory they likely would be able to reach that point.  But just like the offense being unable to produce without better line play the D is in the same situation. 

How did it happen, well the O was so short of talent it was incredible, so they got the attention.  But the killing loss of draft choices for players and a HC has reared its head and will likely continue to be an issue for a couple more years.  The Cap constraints were killers of the FA market.  And now just when it looked like the team could get through one more year injuries abound, and the Dline is an issue.

So shoot the coach, hang the gm, and insult every player you can find.  That will help.  Oh, I forgot, you're just venting.

So go ahead and keep wishing away the past.  Bucs are 0-4, with two heartbreakers.  Jump off the bandwagon when the feeling hits you. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#65 : October 10, 2006, 05:17:22 PM

The team is certainly out of sorts at the moment. There appears to be little to be done by most fans as they turn to eat their own. Few see any bright side to this season and more than a few are exchanging comments about each other with no real thougt.

Everyone had hopes the D could keep it together for one more year. Frankly, if the D line was half way satisfactory they likely would be able to reach that point. But just like the offense being unable to produce without better line play the D is in the same situation.

How did it happen, well the O was so short of talent it was incredible, so they got the attention. But the killing loss of draft choices for players and a HC has reared its head and will likely continue to be an issue for a couple more years. The Cap constraints were killers of the FA market. And now just when it looked like the team could get through one more year injuries abound, and the Dline is an issue.

So shoot the coach, hang the gm, and insult every player you can find. That will help. Oh, I forgot, you're just venting.

So go ahead and keep wishing away the past. Bucs are 0-4, with two heartbreakers. Jump off the bandwagon when the feeling hits you.

good post and hopefully this offseason with a good cap situation finally and a full slate of draft picks we can get back to winning with a new breed of stars to come.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#66 : October 10, 2006, 06:28:28 PM

Yes some of the Ds play is a lack of young talent.

The coaching staff and GMs staff pick the players.

Yea, if Monte was HC he likely would make sure he got a few premimum picks headed to D.

Good OC in college - big jump to pros.  Scheme on O hasn't been scheme, it has been talent.

No more insulting, makes everyone look/sound stupid.

Comparison to Switzer lacks basis once you get past they are/were both HCs.  Kinda silly imho. 

Lots of improvement needed with this year's bucs, lots of opportunity for the younger bucs to step up and show what they have.  Next year bucs get to play some - maybe a lot, in FA, and will likely have a great draft position.  This year is in the toilet, but still rooting for the group to get it together. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#67 : October 10, 2006, 09:56:45 PM

SIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGNSIGN
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#68 : October 10, 2006, 10:01:47 PM

Take away that TD from Deuce and the bucs probaly would have won.

You're kidding right?

buckit

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 11, 2006, 05:41:03 PM

You're kidding right?

LOL.  And if 20 teams planes all crash, we'll make the playoffs!

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sign if you're tired of the so called "fans" **CENSORED**in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools