Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: our QB's arm...and reciever strength « previous next »
Page: 1 2

redtab78

Pro Bowler
: November 23, 2006, 09:51:12 PM

So after the game Im watching sopme highlights and see that it wasnt nessassarily Grad throwing bad to Galloway in the end zone, its just that the defense was tight against Galloway...if the defenders hand was about 2 inches lower or higher, it would have been right in there.....

there was a couple more that sould have been caught also but wasnt...

did anyone else notice Stovall was there all dressed out, but didnt go in? Im wondering why he isnt playing, does anyone have any insight?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 23, 2006, 09:52:36 PM

stovall did dress.  its like we only have one WR clayton is like a nobody

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 23, 2006, 09:53:10 PM

Good post! The trouble with the long ball is not arm strength it's timing.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 23, 2006, 09:53:14 PM

Galloway was wide open.  If Bruce had thrown it a half second earlier or thrown it deeper it was an easy TD.  The gap narrowed because Galloway had to slow down for the ball.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 23, 2006, 09:54:08 PM

The pass to JG in the endzone wasn't arm strength, Grads has to recognize that look earlier. If he throws it instantly and let's JG run underneath it's a TD.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#5 : November 23, 2006, 09:55:09 PM

Grad's passes look like Brad Johnsons I can throw a better spiral than Grad's.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 23, 2006, 09:55:52 PM

I have to give credit to an ex USF player in Athony Henry making a very good play for the ball.  Bolden made a good play for the ball as well against Romo's pass as well.  Sometimes you have to credit a defender for making the play.

Grad's passes look like Brad Johnsons I can throw a better spiral than Grad's.

You need better glasses.  :o

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 23, 2006, 09:56:42 PM

The first INT Bruce threw was way underthrown.  And the long play to Galloway the opening drive was also underthrown. 

Bruce doesn't need the deep ball every time to be successful but the TD to Galloway has to be completed.  When you get a set up like that you have to deliver.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 23, 2006, 10:03:32 PM

The first INT Bruce threw was way underthrown.  And the long play to Galloway the opening drive was also underthrown. 

Bruce doesn't need the deep ball every time to be successful but the TD to Galloway has to be completed.  When you get a set up like that you have to deliver.

It is more a timing issue though.  The reports I have heard from training say he has no problems with accuracy with any of his passes.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 23, 2006, 10:06:20 PM

I saw Gradkowski overthrow Galloway on Monday night against the Panthers and underthrow Galloway against the Cowoboys.  It is not  lack of arm strength.  It is an accuray issue and timing.  It is a trend that has been there throughout the year but some people refuse to look at it. 

SCOUT

Starter

#10 : November 23, 2006, 10:06:42 PM

Great Question regaridng Stovall!  I have been asking that seince the beginning of the year.  Ridiculous that he never sees time on this joke of an offense.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#11 : November 23, 2006, 10:10:05 PM

If you go back and watch the comparison between ROMO and GRADKOWSKI when romo steps back he gives a look in one direction, and then throws the other scrambling our CB's, where as Grads gives the look and throws in that direction giving thier CB's a good read to get a block in....That to me isnt nessassarily a rookie mistake, but it needs to be worked on a little.....

watch Tom Brady, he does the same thing looks all over then throws where he wasnt watching as much

and as far as Stovall, he needs to be taken under the wing of Galloway, and replace him from play to play....or run a few routes with galloway and Stovall on left side with Clayton on the rights, may just so he can work his legs out, but it would open up Joey a little more, or provide an oportunity for Stoval to make a few good crossovers...

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#12 : November 23, 2006, 10:11:09 PM

I saw Gradkowski overthrow Galloway on Monday night against the Panthers and underthrow Galloway against the Cowoboys. It is not lack of arm strength. It is an accuray issue and timing. It is a trend that has been there throughout the year but some people refuse to look at it.

maybe if Joey wasnt as sporatic with his speed?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 23, 2006, 10:17:30 PM

Galloway kicking the goal post after a sure touchdowns says everything; he isn't too happy with his current QB.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 23, 2006, 10:20:36 PM

I saw Gradkowski overthrow Galloway on Monday night against the Panthers and underthrow Galloway against the Cowoboys. It is not lack of arm strength. It is an accuracy issue and timing. It is a trend that has been there throughout the year but some people refuse to look at it.

maybe if Joey wasn't as sporadic with his speed?

It is not Galloway that is sporadic.  It is Gradkowski and that is expected of a rookie.  Rookie QB's play sporadically.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: our QB's arm...and reciever strength « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools