Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting tired of the ticket rhetoric!!!!! We have great fans…. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

War Admiral Buc

Rookie

: January 02, 2008, 08:38:06 AM

It has become painfully obvious to me that the lack of the sellout has nothing to do with our fans and more to do with the economy. Did you see the Outback Bowl yesterday? Over 5 thousand seats unsold and scalpers were trying to unload tickets outside of the stadium for $5.00 each.

What is missing here is what tickets have gone unsold. I am willing to bet that the tickets left are the $350.00 club seats and most hard working, blue collar Buc fans are not going to be able to afford $700.00 for a pair of tickets.

If you want to blame anyone for the lack of ticket sales, blame the Fed, George Bush or gas prices. But I think our fans are great even the drunk red neck ones that can’t afford playoff tickets.

Just to head the question off at the pass, I purchased 6 tickets.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2008, 08:45:52 AM

It has become painfully obvious to me that the lack of the sellout has nothing to do with our fans and more to do with the economy. Did you see the Outback Bowl yesterday? Over 5 thousand seats unsold and scalpers were trying to unload tickets outside of the stadium for $5.00 each.

What is missing here is what tickets have gone unsold. I am willing to bet that the tickets left are the $350.00 club seats and most hard working, blue collar Buc fans are not going to be able to afford $700.00 for a pair of tickets.

If you want to blame anyone for the lack of ticket sales, blame the Fed, George Bush or gas prices. But I think our fans are great even the drunk red neck ones that can’t afford playoff tickets.

Just to head the question off at the pass, I purchased 6 tickets.

Ill blame Tampa fans, every other stadium from my knowledge is sold out...

I bet if Detroit Lions were in the playoffs it would sell out and Detroit is very poor.

jakedakota

Starter

#2 : January 02, 2008, 08:51:47 AM

Great point about the OUTBACK BOWL...That has always sold out in a week or 2.. Now it didnt.

I am one of the few lucky ones that gets tickets free whenever, but I choose not to go and give my tickets away for every game. I love just sitting at home and enjoying the games that way.

Sorry fellas but I dont like the Traffic anymore.

Did the Rock concert thing.. STONES, VAN HALEN (Back in the Day) and others..

Playoffs in Football and World Series.. Just over it now. Dont blame anyone for not going. Parking, Drunks, Topless girls.. OK so maybe I misss that, but nothing like sitting in the comfort of one`s house sipping and eating while being served and at halftime making your own halftime show with your own music ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o :o :o

snarler

Second String

#3 : January 02, 2008, 10:15:43 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how anyone has the right to complain about a choice someone else makes with respect to that other person's disposable income.  If your favorite music artist came to your town, but their concert didn't sell out, would you honestly think you had the right to berate the people in your town that didn't buy tickets to the concert?  Sorry, but while it is everyone's right to have an opinion and to speak it, that doesn't include comments that degrade or insult someone without a basis.  Feel free to be upset that the game isn't sold out.  That's your right.  But I've seen plenty of comments on here basically directly attacking the fans that didn't buy tickets, and to me, that's just silly, and without justification as the people doing the insulting do *not* have the right to command someone on how to spend their income.

NovaBuc

Starter

#4 : January 02, 2008, 10:12:06 AM

I bet if Detroit Lions were in the playoffs it would sell out and Detroit is very poor.

Only wild card round game that is sold out is Seattle - Washington. Tickets remain for the other three on Ticketmaster as of two minutes ago. I dare anyone to say that Pittsburgh has poor fans.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 02, 2008, 12:16:31 PM

And this from a fan from Utah...for less than what we are paying you could purchase some of those cheap tickets and  fly to Florida.  Come on...be the fan you want us to be.  Lead by example.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 02, 2008, 12:19:31 PM

Isn't there a game this week we should be discussing instead of the dozens of threads about how crappy our fans are?  Maybe we are crappy if we'd rather discuss the unsold tickets over the mathcup with the giants.  Get over it.  The tickets are what they are.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2008, 01:27:45 PM

Our tickets were $144 a piece on average considering we had to buy a ticket to the 1st round as well as nfc champ game just in case.    I do think that's a bit expensive, but not exhoribant.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 02, 2008, 01:31:22 PM

You would lose that bet. Plenty of $100 and $110 tickets left.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 02, 2008, 01:39:09 PM

Only wild card round game that is sold out is Seattle - Washington. Tickets remain for the other three on Ticketmaster as of two minutes ago. I dare anyone to say that Pittsburgh has poor fans.

Pittsburgh sold out.
San Diego sold out.
Seattle sold out in 15 mins.

Nova, do you actually attempt to get the tickets on TM or do you just assume that
since they're listed on TM, there are tickets?

San Diego was the last to sell out.

NovaBuc

Starter

#10 : January 02, 2008, 01:41:09 PM

No, checked for tickets in different areas of each stadium and kept some fans from getting tickets for the 2:15 ticketmaster holds them for I s'pose.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2008, 01:44:06 PM

San Diego has the highest cost of living in the country.

Pittsburgh is a poor, blue collar city.

Seattle's local economy is not in great shape right now.

They all sold out. What is our excuse?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2008, 01:44:57 PM

No, checked for tickets in different areas of each stadium and kept some fans from getting tickets for the 2:15 ticketmaster holds them for I s'pose.

If anybody really wants to see for themselves, just go to TM. All other games are sold out.

NovaBuc

Starter

#13 : January 02, 2008, 01:46:49 PM

Pittsburgh not sold out:

Can get this ticket:

Section 238
Row      q
Seats     5
Description

PRICE LEVEL 4
CLUB LEVEL SEATING
LEVEL 2
WEST SIDE OF STADIUM Type1 AFC WILD CARD TICKET Ticket Price US $220.00 Convenience Charge US $12.50

San Diego not sold out either:

Section P51
Row 10
Seats  13
Description
NON-CLUB PRICE LEVEL 1 - $135.00
PLAZA LEVEL
EAST END OF STADIUM Type1 Full Price Non-Club Ticket PriceUS $135.00 Convenience ChargeUS $7.50

tonyflash

Starter

#14 : January 02, 2008, 01:59:06 PM

Just a little update on Bucs tickets. The 300 level will be sold out within the hour. You can only get 200 level tickets after that and those run the big ticket $$$$.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting tired of the ticket rhetoric!!!!! We have great fans…. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools