Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting tired of the ticket rhetoric!!!!! We have great fans…. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2008, 02:00:03 PM

Pittsburgh not sold out:

Can get this ticket:

Section 238
Row      q
Seats     5
Description

PRICE LEVEL 4
CLUB LEVEL SEATING
LEVEL 2
WEST SIDE OF STADIUM Type1 AFC WILD CARD TICKET Ticket Price US $220.00 Convenience Charge US $12.50

San Diego not sold out either:

Section P51
Row 10
Seats  13
Description
NON-CLUB PRICE LEVEL 1 - $135.00
PLAZA LEVEL
EAST END OF STADIUM Type1 Full Price Non-Club Ticket PriceUS $135.00 Convenience ChargeUS $7.50

Nova, what r u doing to get those? I put in best available and get nada..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2008, 02:00:42 PM

Just a little update on Bucs tickets. The 300 level will be sold out within the hour. You can only get 200 level tickets after that and those run the big ticket $$$$.

200 level tickets are available for $110. Corners, non-club.

NovaBuc

Starter

#17 : January 02, 2008, 02:14:12 PM

Going to the AFC wildcard option for the Steelers and choosing best available. Non-club section of the Chargers and choosing best available.

klb55

Starter

#18 : January 02, 2008, 02:20:18 PM

It has become painfully obvious to me that the lack of the sellout has nothing to do with our fans and more to do with the economy. Did you see the Outback Bowl yesterday? Over 5 thousand seats unsold and scalpers were trying to unload tickets outside of the stadium for $5.00 each.

What is missing here is what tickets have gone unsold. I am willing to bet that the tickets left are the $350.00 club seats and most hard working, blue collar Buc fans are not going to be able to afford $700.00 for a pair of tickets.

If you want to blame anyone for the lack of ticket sales, blame the Fed, George Bush or gas prices. But I think our fans are great even the drunk red neck ones that can’t afford playoff tickets.

Just to head the question off at the pass, I purchased 6 tickets.

I'll blame the fans.  The average family spent close to $1000.00 for Christmas.  Not to mention how much money people piss away on booze, smokes, snacks and many other things that they don't need.  I love the hardcore Bucs fans but the average fan is lame.  Just watching the number of people that sit on their hands on an important third down in RayJay is proof enough that we don't have a lot of great fans.  

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 02, 2008, 02:31:12 PM

I'll blame the fans.  The average family spent close to $1000.00 for Christmas.  Not to mention how much money people piss away on booze, smokes, snacks and many other things that they don't need.  I love the hardcore Bucs fans but the average fan is lame.  Just watching the number of people that sit on their hands on an important third down in RayJay is proof enough that we don't have a lot of great fans. 

So Joe Average fan should have spent less on christmas gifts to be able to afford playoff tickets.  That's the Christmas spirit.  And booze, smokes, snacks,etc fall into the same disposable income category as Buc playoff so  that's a pretty irrelevent point.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2008, 02:38:23 PM

I'll blame the fans. The average family spent close to $1000.00 for Christmas. Not to mention how much money people piss away on booze, smokes, snacks and many other things that they don't need. I love the hardcore Bucs fans but the average fan is lame. Just watching the number of people that sit on their hands on an important third down in RayJay is proof enough that we don't have a lot of great fans.

So Joe Average fan should have spent less on christmas gifts to be able to afford playoff tickets. That's the Christmas spirit. And booze, smokes, snacks,etc fall into the same disposable income category as Buc playoff so that's a pretty irrelevent point.

I don't want to get too high on my moral high horse here, but let's not compare Bucs playoff tickets to booze and smokes...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2008, 02:39:46 PM

These folks that don't understand how the price of Buc tickets is related need to take a class in microeconomics to understand consumer decisionmaking - 
(finally that econ class that I took at USF twenty years ago has come in handy for something).

klb55

Starter

#22 : January 02, 2008, 02:39:58 PM

I'll blame the fans. The average family spent close to $1000.00 for Christmas. Not to mention how much money people piss away on booze, smokes, snacks and many other things that they don't need. I love the hardcore Bucs fans but the average fan is lame. Just watching the number of people that sit on their hands on an important third down in RayJay is proof enough that we don't have a lot of great fans.

So Joe Average fan should have spent less on christmas gifts to be able to afford playoff tickets. That's the Christmas spirit. And booze, smokes, snacks,etc fall into the same disposable income category as Buc playoff so that's a pretty irrelevent point.

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.    

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 02, 2008, 02:42:38 PM

I don't want to get too high on my moral high horse here, but let's not compare Bucs playoff tickets to booze and smokes...

I'm not comparing tickets to booze or smokes, but they fall into the same disposable income category.  None of them are necessary to survive.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2008, 02:44:50 PM

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.   

And maybe their disposable income went towards gifts and not playoff tickets.  It's called personal choice.  I think the fact that this is still being discussed is lame.

I assume you will be at the game.  YOu won't have to worry about lame fans not clapping when you think they should because they didn't buy playoff tickets.  ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2008, 02:53:04 PM

Going to the AFC wildcard option for the Steelers and choosing best available. Non-club section of the Chargers and choosing best available.

Did that. Comes up as no tickets available.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2008, 02:55:32 PM

I'm not comparing tickets to booze or smokes, but they fall into the same disposable income category.  None of them are necessary to survive.

Speak for yourself. I NEED the NFL season and the Bucs to survive.

:-)

klb55

Starter

#27 : January 02, 2008, 02:55:51 PM

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.    

And maybe their disposable income went towards gifts and not playoff tickets.  It's called personal choice.  I think the fact that this is still being discussed is lame.

I assume you will be at the game.  YOu won't have to worry about lame fans not clapping when you think they should because they didn't buy playoff tickets. ;)

Of course it's personal choice.  That has been and is my point.  The bottom line is that the Tampa Bay area doesn't have a huge base of hardcore fans.  It is most likely a function of market size.  I doubt that we will ever see a NY Giants home playoff game not sold out regardless of ticket prices.  The average fan is willing to watch it on TV so the house can be full of a bunch of stuff they don't need.  Your assumption is correct, I will be at the game.  Some of my family members won't and I suppose that they will have to watch it online or listen on the radio.  BTW, many of those lame fans are no doubt season tickets holders based on their seat location and basic football knowlege dictates when fans should make a lot of noise not "when I think they should."  People just don't care as much in Tampa.  Hopefully the playoff game gets them amped up.  

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 02, 2008, 04:00:40 PM

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.   

And maybe their disposable income went towards gifts and not playoff tickets.  It's called personal choice.  I think the fact that this is still being discussed is lame.

I assume you will be at the game.  YOu won't have to worry about lame fans not clapping when you think they should because they didn't buy playoff tickets. ;)

Of course it's personal choice.  That has been and is my point.  The bottom line is that the Tampa Bay area doesn't have a huge base of hardcore fans.  It is most likely a function of market size.  I doubt that we will ever see a NY Giants home playoff game not sold out regardless of ticket prices.  The average fan is willing to watch it on TV so the house can be full of a bunch of stuff they don't need.  Your assumption is correct, I will be at the game.  Some of my family members won't and I suppose that they will have to watch it online or listen on the radio.  BTW, many of those lame fans are no doubt season tickets holders based on their seat location and basic football knowlege dictates when fans should make a lot of noise not "when I think they should."  People just don't care as much in Tampa.  Hopefully the playoff game gets them amped up. 

Good comparison

New York metro area to Tampa Bay.

No difference there at all.   ::)

njligernj

Starter
#29 : January 02, 2008, 04:09:32 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars - Home Playoff Game #1
Heinz Field , Pittsburgh , PA
Date TBA
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Row
Seats
Description
HH
22 - 21
PRICE LEVEL 6
LOWER LEVEL SEATING
LEVEL 1
WEST SIDE OF STADIUM
Type
2 AFC WILD CARD TICKET

Ticket Price
US $115.00 x 2

Convenience Charge
US $9.90 x 2

2007-08 San Diego Chargers Playoff Game vs Tennessee Titans
Qualcomm Stadium , San Diego , CA
Sun, Jan 6, 2008 01:30 PM
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Row
Seats
Description
C27
13 - 14
CLUB PRICE LEVEL 3 - $305.00
CLUB LEVEL, ACCESS TO CLUB AMENITIES
SOUTH SIDE OF STADIUM
Type
2 Club Level Seating

Ticket Price
US $305.00 x 2

Convenience Charge
US $7.50 x 2
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting tired of the ticket rhetoric!!!!! We have great fans…. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools