Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting tired of the ticket rhetoric!!!!! We have great fans…. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

klb55

Starter

#30 : January 02, 2008, 04:19:52 PM

I'll blame the fans. The average family spent close to $1000.00 for Christmas. Not to mention how much money people piss away on booze, smokes, snacks and many other things that they don't need. I love the hardcore Bucs fans but the average fan is lame. Just watching the number of people that sit on their hands on an important third down in RayJay is proof enough that we don't have a lot of great fans.

So Joe Average fan should have spent less on christmas gifts to be able to afford playoff tickets. That's the Christmas spirit. And booze, smokes, snacks,etc fall into the same disposable income category as Buc playoff so that's a pretty irrelevent point.

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.    

And maybe their disposable income went towards gifts and not playoff tickets.  It's called personal choice.  I think the fact that this is still being discussed is lame.

I assume you will be at the game.  YOu won't have to worry about lame fans not clapping when you think they should because they didn't buy playoff tickets. ;)

Of course it's personal choice.  That has been and is my point.  The bottom line is that the Tampa Bay area doesn't have a huge base of hardcore fans.  It is most likely a function of market size.  I doubt that we will ever see a NY Giants home playoff game not sold out regardless of ticket prices.  The average fan is willing to watch it on TV so the house can be full of a bunch of stuff they don't need.  Your assumption is correct, I will be at the game.  Some of my family members won't and I suppose that they will have to watch it online or listen on the radio.  BTW, many of those lame fans are no doubt season tickets holders based on their seat location and basic football knowlege dictates when fans should make a lot of noise not "when I think they should."  People just don't care as much in Tampa.  Hopefully the playoff game gets them amped up.  

Good comparison

New York metro area to Tampa Bay.

No difference there at all.  ::)

from my prior post......."It is most likely a function of market size."  You should try understanding what you read before you make yourself look like a fool.  I'm not sure what your problem is but it is most likely one of the following: you cannot afford to go to the game because you've decided to spend your money elsewhere or you are one the many fans that sit on their hands at the games.  Whatever the case may be, it is your decision how you spend your disposable income or how you conduct yourself at the games.  Those are decisions that you have to live with not me.  I guess you could just be in a bad mood today or Santa left you crappy gifts this year.

GO BUCS!!!!  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 02, 2008, 04:24:50 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars - Home Playoff Game #1
Heinz Field , Pittsburgh , PA
Date TBA
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Row
Seats
Description
HH
22 - 21
PRICE LEVEL 6
LOWER LEVEL SEATING
LEVEL 1
WEST SIDE OF STADIUM
Type
2 AFC WILD CARD TICKET

Ticket Price
US $115.00 x 2

OK, I found similar tickets. Those are lower level. That's surprising. I'll shut  up about
the Bucs tickets. If I could get through to WFAN, I'd point this out. They were just
talking about our non-sell out and how surprising it was.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 02, 2008, 04:29:50 PM

I'll blame the fans. The average family spent close to $1000.00 for Christmas. Not to mention how much money people piss away on booze, smokes, snacks and many other things that they don't need. I love the hardcore Bucs fans but the average fan is lame. Just watching the number of people that sit on their hands on an important third down in RayJay is proof enough that we don't have a lot of great fans.

So Joe Average fan should have spent less on christmas gifts to be able to afford playoff tickets. That's the Christmas spirit. And booze, smokes, snacks,etc fall into the same disposable income category as Buc playoff so that's a pretty irrelevent point.

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.    

And maybe their disposable income went towards gifts and not playoff tickets.  It's called personal choice.  I think the fact that this is still being discussed is lame.

I assume you will be at the game.  YOu won't have to worry about lame fans not clapping when you think they should because they didn't buy playoff tickets. ;)

Of course it's personal choice.  That has been and is my point.  The bottom line is that the Tampa Bay area doesn't have a huge base of hardcore fans.  It is most likely a function of market size.  I doubt that we will ever see a NY Giants home playoff game not sold out regardless of ticket prices.  The average fan is willing to watch it on TV so the house can be full of a bunch of stuff they don't need.  Your assumption is correct, I will be at the game.  Some of my family members won't and I suppose that they will have to watch it online or listen on the radio.  BTW, many of those lame fans are no doubt season tickets holders based on their seat location and basic football knowlege dictates when fans should make a lot of noise not "when I think they should."  People just don't care as much in Tampa.  Hopefully the playoff game gets them amped up.  

Good comparison

No difference there at all.  ::)

from my prior post......."It is most likely a function of market size."  You should try understanding what you read before you make yourself look like a fool.  I'm not sure what your problem is but it is most likely one of the following: you cannot afford to go to the game because you've decided to spend your money elsewhere or you are one the many fans that sit on their hands at the games.  Whatever the case may be, it is your decision how you spend your disposable income or how you conduct yourself at the games.  Those are decisions that you have to live with not me.  I guess you could just be in a bad mood today or Santa left you crappy gifts this year.

GO BUCS!!!!  

I'm a  13 year season ticket holder that will be there Sunday and cheer when I want (which is normally when it is approapriate).  I'm in a fine mood.  Just sick of seeing this crap on our board and sick of seeing holier than though individuals pass judgement on others in the area.

You've been critical of the fans that either haven't bought tickets or do not act the way you think they should throughout your posts so don't tell me to know what I read.  Your tone is more than clear.  Which is it market size or fan apathy that explains the lakc of a sell out?  You've harped opn fan apathy to this point.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : January 02, 2008, 04:30:40 PM

The Bucs do look very stupid to block off sales outside of FLA then have the threat of a blackout of local TV coverage.  They shouldn't have blocked NYers from buying tickets if they couldn't guarantee a sell out by FLA fans.  Whoever is in charge of Buc tickets will likely be looking for a new job during the off season for this snafu.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 02, 2008, 04:31:40 PM

The Bucs do look very stupid to block off sales outside of FLA then have the threat of a blackout of local TV coverage. They shouldn't have blocked NYers from buying tickets if they couldn't guarantee a sell out by FLA fans. Whoever is in charge of Buc tickets will likely be looking for a new job during the off season for this snafu.

I doubt that any ticket will remain when all is said and done.  Especially if it is less than a thousand remaining as has been stated here.

klb55

Starter

#35 : January 02, 2008, 05:30:06 PM

I never said they should spend less on gifts.  I'm just pointing out that people have disposable income or are willing to go into debt over gifts, booze, smokes, snacks, etc. and not on Bucs tickets.  We have a small core of great fans but the average fan is lame.   

And maybe their disposable income went towards gifts and not playoff tickets.  It's called personal choice.  I think the fact that this is still being discussed is lame.

I assume you will be at the game.  YOu won't have to worry about lame fans not clapping when you think they should because they didn't buy playoff tickets. ;)

Of course it's personal choice.  That has been and is my point.  The bottom line is that the Tampa Bay area doesn't have a huge base of hardcore fans.  It is most likely a function of market size.  I doubt that we will ever see a NY Giants home playoff game not sold out regardless of ticket prices.  The average fan is willing to watch it on TV so the house can be full of a bunch of stuff they don't need.  Your assumption is correct, I will be at the game.  Some of my family members won't and I suppose that they will have to watch it online or listen on the radio.  BTW, many of those lame fans are no doubt season tickets holders based on their seat location and basic football knowlege dictates when fans should make a lot of noise not "when I think they should."  People just don't care as much in Tampa.  Hopefully the playoff game gets them amped up. 

Good comparison

No difference there at all.  ::)

from my prior post......."It is most likely a function of market size."  You should try understanding what you read before you make yourself look like a fool.  I'm not sure what your problem is but it is most likely one of the following: you cannot afford to go to the game because you've decided to spend your money elsewhere or you are one the many fans that sit on their hands at the games.  Whatever the case may be, it is your decision how you spend your disposable income or how you conduct yourself at the games.  Those are decisions that you have to live with not me.  I guess you could just be in a bad mood today or Santa left you crappy gifts this year.

GO BUCS!!!! 

I'm a  13 year season ticket holder that will be there Sunday and cheer when I want (which is normally when it is approapriate).  I'm in a fine mood.  Just sick of seeing this crap on our board and sick of seeing holier than though individuals pass judgement on others in the area.

You've been critical of the fans that either haven't bought tickets or do not act the way you think they should throughout your posts so don't tell me to know what I read.  Your tone is more than clear.  Which is it market size or fan apathy that explains the lakc of a sell out?  You've harped opn fan apathy to this point.

I'd suggest that is a combination of two and people's poor financial decisions.  The market size dictates a smaller number of hardcore fans that would otherwise sellout a stadium in other cities.  The main factor in the stadium not being sold out is how people choose to conduct their financial affairs.  People live in homes they can barely afford, drive cars they cannot afford, etc.  I'm certain that most casual fans would like to go to the game.  We are a society of consumers not savers.  The average fan most likely won't put themselves into more debt to attend a football game and that is a wise idea.  I'd suggest that the average fan might put themselves into debt if the Bucs were on the cusp of a championship season.  The market size, people's financial problems, and apathy(due to poor expectations for the postseason) are all contributing factors to this game not being sold out.

Edit: BTW, glad you're in a fine mood :)

gharen

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 02, 2008, 06:24:47 PM

I live in Texas and tried to buy tickets a few days ago, but couldn't because I'm out of state. I finally got a hold of my brother today to have him buy them but now the plane tickets are through the roof. I'm watching at home and using the money I would have spent on next years SB tickets regardless of whether the Bucs are in the game or not.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 02, 2008, 06:32:38 PM

I live in Texas and tried to buy tickets a few days ago, but couldn't because I'm out of state. I finally got a hold of my brother today to have him buy them but now the plane tickets are through the roof. I'm watching at home and using the money I would have spent on next years SB tickets regardless of whether the Bucs are in the game or not.

You could always use Priceline for the plane tickets. I used Priceline for my hotel. Westshore
Hyatt for $60 a night. More and more tickets for the game will be going below face as we
get closer to Sunday. Since the tickets were expensive to begin with, it's hard for scalpers
to sell all of their tickets for a profit.

Stub Hub had 4000+ tickets this morning. Now there are less than a 1000. Strange.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 02, 2008, 06:33:09 PM

Airplane tickets run dirt cheap when you get them early, tough luck man the prices sky rocket up with the leftovers.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 02, 2008, 06:34:14 PM

There are tons of cheap flights available from NY to Tampa.  $144-$150 dollars all weekend, which pretty low for that route.  I would have thought flights would be hard to get but obviously not.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 02, 2008, 06:36:25 PM

Where in Texas?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 02, 2008, 06:39:29 PM

Where in Texas?

Joe...now you're serving as travel agent to get Bucs fans to the game? You're on a mission... :P

#42 : January 02, 2008, 06:42:23 PM

OutBack Bowl......more like  12,500 empty seats......
I could have giving a fly F.....about the "sales" figure
the mega wealthy have squeezed the the cow too hard
proverbial....
cow
youz and me

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 02, 2008, 06:44:28 PM

Where in Texas?

Joe...now you're serving as travel agent to get Bucs fans to the game? You're on a mission... :P

Heck, I'll give it a shot. I'm good at getting deals online. When I first looked for tickets from LA
to Tampa, they were $340-$380. I searched every day and bought two separate one way
tickets on two different airlines and it cost me $225 round trip.

It's late (7-10 days advanced purchase) now but you never know.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 02, 2008, 06:49:31 PM

There are tons of cheap flights available from NY to Tampa.  $144-$150 dollars all weekend, which pretty low for that route.  I would have thought flights would be hard to get but obviously not.

$59 if you want to fly to Tampa from Atlantic City.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Getting tired of the ticket rhetoric!!!!! We have great fans…. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools