Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are bums, they had an easy schedule in that weak NFC South « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« : January 02, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »

haha ofcourse I kid, I am that koolaid drinking Buc Fan...

The Bucs 9 wins came against teams with a combined 59-85 record, .410 winning percenage.

The Giants won 10 games, fighting their guts out, where the Bucs won 9 and then rested their starters for 2 games and were without Garcia for 5 games.  Anyway, if you want to make it fair and take out the Dolphins win, 1-15 record, the Giants another 9 wins, opponents have a combined 59-85 record, .410 winning percentage...

Now correct me If I'm wrong, but aren't they the same records?

noopy2237

Starter
« #1 : January 02, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

I had to use my toes for this one but I believe you are right.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 02, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »

But you are forgetting that the G-men LOST to the Pats in thier last game.  And they played very well for 2 entire quarters.  That guarantees them the NFC championship, both this year and next.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

« #3 : January 02, 2008, 02:22:44 PM »

But you are forgetting that the G-men LOST to the Pats in thier last game. And they played very well for 2 entire quarters. That guarantees them the NFC championship, both this year and next.

didn't they already declare the Patriots as champs this year?   if not, teams should be smart and rest their players for the 2008 season, no need to get anybody hurt.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 02, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »

yeah.....my bad.

I dont understand people.  Most experts realize that the Bucs rested the last quarter and that the Giants played their hearts out.

Most realize that the Bucs have a TO frenzy D at home and one that ranks #1 against the pass, #2 in total D.
Most realize that the Bucs are the best in the NFC at turnover +/- ratio, while the Giants are well into the negatives.
Most realize that Eli Manning has turned the ball over 15 times on the road, and threw just 10 TDs, 4 of which came in Week one
The Average D they faced was ranked 23 on the road, they face the #2 this Sunday.
They have 23 sacks on the road.  The Bucs line ranks better then 5 of the 8 teams they faced on the road.
They are without Shockey.  Burress hasn't done squat, with exception to Sundays game, in the last 9 games he played
Manning is not going to have 2 good games in a row
The Bucs Rush D was ranked 13th, before playing most starters in week 17, to result to 17th ranked Rush D, which is still better then the average the Giants face ont he road at a rush D of 20.

Maybe, I'm just looking at reasons to see the Bucs winning, but if Garcia plays the whole game, we win.  All you have to worry about is that he doesn't get hurt on one of the 3 sacks the Giants will get.

People act like their pass rush is going to get 13 sacks like it did against the Eagles with WinstoN Jsutice playing terrible.  The Giants pass rush is good, but its not something to say we are going to lose bc of.  Garcia plays we win..

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 02, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »

Eli is at his best with play action and attacking man to man coverage.  That is why stopping the run is key for the Bucs defense and why Coughlin will make sure the Bucs receive a heavy dose of Brandon Jacobs.  Without the playaction the Bucs can sit in zone and Manning will be forced to go underneath when he has a tendency to force throws downfield.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 02, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »

With June hurt, do we dare shift Ruud over and have Trotter in the middle?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 02, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »

It's like a progression that has to take place each week...

It goes from "We're going to get killed by the Giants" to "We're going to kill these Giants"...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 02, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

It will be a close game, but if Eli plays like he did against Buffalo, you know week 16; I think we can win like 31-13.  Of course I am not going with that prediciton.  I'll go with a 21-17 outcome in favor of the Bucs and our D coming up big with an INT on Eli, when the Giants are driving...

It would be no other way to win the game, then the Bucs giving us a heart attack late in the 4th.  pretty much ending similar to the Redskins game this year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 02, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »

With June hurt, do we dare shift Ruud over and have Trotter in the middle?

I doubt it.

Ruud will be needed to defend the passing lanes downfield which Trotter can't do.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 02, 2008, 02:39:47 PM »

do you think Trott will be activated at least?

I agree, I rather have June healthy enough to play.

I think we should at least activate Trott.  He played well the last 2 weeks and Jacobs is a big guy at 260.  You will need 2-3 guys to bring him down every time, but if you have a tank in Trotter, who knows...

but yeah, I want Brooks ruud JUne out there...but I like my chances better with trotter then nece or black..

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

« #11 : January 02, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »

I will give you an example of the difference between our last place schedule and the Saint's first place schedule.  Remember they were in the NFCC game.  Both the Saint's and Buvc's played the very same teams for 14 of the 16 games, they only differed in 2 games.

The Saint's played the Bear's and the Eagle's while the Buc's played the Redskin's and the Lion's  In other words actually the Buc's played the tougher schedule and played one more playoff team then the Saint's did.

This goes to show  you it's not an exact science and you never know who is going to suck or be good from season to season.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 02, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »

Trotter will se plenty of action.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 02, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »

Hopefully not in coverage!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 02, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »

Trotter will se plenty of action.

Wow...you guys need to calm down about Trotter...
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are bums, they had an easy schedule in that weak NFC South « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools