Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers be on the phone with Cowher when.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2008, 04:22:32 PM

Yea forgot he did is time in Minny, K.C and with the Steelers.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 02, 2008, 04:23:44 PM

Here is why I put Dungy at 1 and not Bill. He tries to turn the Browns franchise around, but in the end he simply couldn't do it. He had an overall record with the Browns of 36-44, pretty awful IMO. Meanwhile Dungy comes into a horrible situation and turns the franchise around unlike Bill did. Phil Savage and Crennell are turning the Browns around not Bill.

Also, Bilicheck learned from one of the greatest HC to coach the game while Dungy simply made a name for himself.

Lynch, Sapp, and Brooks.  New ownership trying to make a splash in the community.  Not such a bad situation to walk into.

Buc31

Starter

#17 : January 02, 2008, 04:25:29 PM

will Abuccs get a piece of something he's always longed in '08, a woman.

NO!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2008, 04:28:57 PM

Lynch, Sapp, and Brooks.  New ownership trying to make a splash in the community.  Not such a bad situation to walk into.

Not only "not bad" but Dungy walked into a very good situation here. Fans here were just hoping for 8 wins at that time.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2008, 04:29:35 PM

Those guys were in their 2nd year when he got there, they weren't studs before he got there. Brooks had 1 yr under his belt he wasn't full developed into star status, funny how his 2nd year when Dungy gets there he nearly doubles his tackles from his first year. Sapp had 3 sacks, year after he triples his number to 9.. Lynch was there for awhile 4yr guy

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2008, 04:30:20 PM

Also, Bilicheck learned from one of the greatest HC to coach the game while Dungy simply made a name for himself.

You may want to check your facts.

Aw, c'mmon.  Chuck Noll was a total scrub.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2008, 04:33:08 PM

Lynch, Sapp, and Brooks. New ownership trying to make a splash in the community. Not such a bad situation to walk into.

Not only "not bad" but Dungy walked into a very good situation here. Fans here were just hoping for 8 wins at that time.

You're exactly right.  I left off the low expectations.  I was doing back flips (ok so I've never been able to do back flips, but I was excited) when we broke the string of double digit losses.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2008, 04:41:33 PM

Those guys were in their 2nd year when he got there, they weren't studs before he got there. Brooks had 1 yr under his belt he wasn't full developed into star status, funny how his 2nd year when Dungy gets there he nearly doubles his tackles from his first year. Sapp had 3 sacks, year after he triples his number to 9.. Lynch was there for awhile 4yr guy

Regardless, they were all exceptional talents and were already here when he arrived, thanks to Sam and Rusty.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 02, 2008, 04:42:23 PM

Oh, and it amuses me greatly that ABuccsFan would post this given the way he was whining about fans who were focused on "name" coaches earlier.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 02, 2008, 04:56:14 PM

You may want to check your facts.

Aw, c'mmon.  Chuck Noll was a total scrub.
And Denny Green was a nobody.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 02, 2008, 04:59:21 PM

Regardless, they were all exceptional talents and were already here when he arrived, thanks to Sam and Rusty.

I take no credit.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 02, 2008, 05:01:53 PM

Oh, and it amuses me greatly that ABuccsFan would post this given the way he was whining about fans who were focused on "name" coaches earlier.

Shouldn't surprise you considering the source.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2008, 05:07:47 PM

I'd say the Top 5 coaches in the NFL today, my opinion,

1. Belichick
2. Dungy
3. Holmgren
4. Gibbs
5. Fisher

If Cowher was coaching again, I'd put him at #4. I don't think Gruden's a top 5 coach in the NFL, but what makes you think Cowher would run the system any better down here?

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 02, 2008, 05:12:42 PM

Most of that is true, but you have to give a lot of credit to Monte Kiffin and him switching the defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3 cover two.  This is the main reason Sapp's sack total increased.

Tony actually walked into a very good situtaion with a lot of young talent.  Even though I had yet to purchase my season tickets I still attended every home game in 94 and 95 and you could see the improved talent on the team.  The new ownership group were very eager to spend money and build this team.  I am not trying to take anything away from Dungy as I will always have the greatest respect for the man and he will always be one of my favorite HC's, but IMHO not enough credit was given to Sam Wyche as he actually did a pretty decent job of bringing in some talent.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 02, 2008, 05:15:41 PM

I'd say the Top 5 coaches in the NFL today, my opinion,

1. Belichick
2. Dungy
3. Holmgren
4. Gibbs
5. Fisher

If Cowher was coaching again, I'd put him at #4. I don't think Gruden's a top 5 coach in the NFL, but what makes you think Cowher would run the system any better down here?

Somebody is longing for the '80s... ;)

Wouldn't put #3 on there either...
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers be on the phone with Cowher when.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools