Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers be on the phone with Cowher when.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 02, 2008, 05:16:27 PM

Gibbs sucks. They don't even use his offense anymore because Portis isn't the bruiser. Enter Al Saunders.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#31 : January 02, 2008, 05:18:51 PM

I'd say the Top 5 coaches in the NFL today, my opinion,

1. Belichick
2. Dungy
3. Holmgren
4. Gibbs
5. Fisher

If Cowher was coaching again, I'd put him at #4. I don't think Gruden's a top 5 coach in the NFL, but what makes you think Cowher would run the system any better down here?

Somebody is longing for the '80s... ;)

Wouldn't put #3 on there either...

Exactly!!  LMFAO! :)  How could anyone put a HC in their top 5 who didn't know that calling 2 timeouts in a row was illegal?  Gibbs even admitted he didn't know the rule.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 02, 2008, 05:24:17 PM

Although I would love to see Cowher here, Gruden has FINALLY got a tight grip and his stamp on this team after sorting through all the lean years post SuperBowl, and so we need to see at least another two years of him to fairly judge.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 02, 2008, 05:29:03 PM

Although I would love to see Cowher here, Gruden has FINALLY got a tight grip and his stamp on this team after sorting through all the lean years post SuperBowl, and so we need to see at least another two years of him to fairly judge.

I agree.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 02, 2008, 05:31:07 PM

We all agree that the Bucs will be serious contenders in a few years?

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 02, 2008, 05:33:09 PM

So does that mean they aren't this year?  Also if it is in a few years OR more than two years for that matter, who is the QB?

Just curious.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 02, 2008, 05:35:45 PM

Top 5 coaching today, not top 5 coaching just this season. I'd keep Gibbs and Holmgren right where they are on that list. He might not have had recent success, but he's been a very good coach over a long period of time. Holmgren's the same way. He's been the "teacher" to a lot of the "students" in the league today. If anyone would want to put Gruden in a top 5, I don't think it's possible to leave off the man he coached under in Green Bay.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 02, 2008, 05:39:42 PM

So does that mean they aren't this year? Also if it is in a few years OR more than two years for that matter, who is the QB?

Just curious.
I mean we have a solid team its just not consistent, I'm optimistic about going deep into the playoffs because in the past years there has been 1 NFC South team to play in the NFC Championship this has been going on after the SB 37. In a few years I mean dominance like the Colts are every year they win the division.. I don't know who the QB will be, but Gruden will find a guy to run the offense. We are just missing a few pieces to become legit, imo. A few more threats in the passing game, a dominate UT, I think we are almost there.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 02, 2008, 05:41:06 PM

Top 5 coaching today, not top 5 coaching just this season. I'd keep Gibbs and Holmgren right where they are on that list. He might not have had recent success, but he's been a very good coach over a long period of time. Holmgren's the same way. He's been the "teacher" to a lot of the "students" in the league today. If anyone would want to put Gruden in a top 5, I don't think it's possible to leave off the man he coached under in Green Bay.

I'll give him A LOT of credit for picking good people to work for him at Green Bay...look at their subsequent careers and you can tell he had a lot of talent in that coaching staff...

So delegation -- top 5
Coaching ability -- not top 5

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#39 : January 02, 2008, 05:47:32 PM

So does that mean they aren't this year? Also if it is in a few years OR more than two years for that matter, who is the QB?

Just curious.

I honestly think they're a couple of years away, but that doesn't mean I do not have hopes for this year.  I also think Garcia has a few years left in him, but I would love to see them make a serious run at Derek Anderson from the Brown's as he will not stay with the Browns as they have too much invested in Brady Quinn.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 02, 2008, 05:49:38 PM

Holmgren 157-99, .613 winning percentage, 1 Superbowl, 3 conference titles, 8 division titles

bucmoon

Second String
#41 : January 02, 2008, 05:57:49 PM

Many people think GRUDEN IS OVER-RATED !!! Take a look at JEFF FISHER STATS.. 14 YEARS only 5 winning seasons and 3 division championships and 5 playoff trips . Those are not impressive numbers but many think he is ne of the best caches in the league.

#42 : January 02, 2008, 11:45:44 PM

gruden is the best coach in the nfl

ok, Mrs Gruden  ;)

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 02, 2008, 06:14:11 PM

Holmgren 157-99, .613 winning percentage, 1 Superbowl, 3 conference titles, 8 division titles

GrudenFan,

He's got the stats...that's why people list him like you did...he doesn't get credit for the development of Favre or Hasselback, IMO, and he has been immensely helped by having a great QB...having to drop his personnel duties in '03? didn't help his status in my eyes, either...I definitely think he is overrated and he's not on my top 5 list...

#44 : January 02, 2008, 06:34:29 PM

Those guys were in their 2nd year when he got there, they weren't studs before he got there. Brooks had 1 yr under his belt he wasn't full developed into star status, funny how his 2nd year when Dungy gets there he nearly doubles his tackles from his first year. Sapp had 3 sacks, year after he triples his number to 9.. Lynch was there for awhile 4yr guy

Regardless, they were all exceptional talents and were already here when he arrived, thanks to Sam and Rusty.

If you read Dungy's book, which i am currently doing, he states that he "inherited" Sapp, Brooks, and Lynch.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers be on the phone with Cowher when.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools