Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« : November 23, 2006, 10:32:38 PM »

I haven't posted my feelings on the guy before now.  I thought he looked okay at times today, but his mid to deep ball is well, just not deep.  I know the guy is a rookie, but I just don't see him as our future franchise QB, and isn't that what were looking for?  If Gruden is here next year, I pray that we don't sell the farm and go all out with Gradkowski like we did Simms during the off season. 
He just looked really, really bad at times today.  I know he is a rookie, but gosh, he looked bad.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 23, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »

CAN YOU LEAVE NOW?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #2 : November 23, 2006, 10:35:29 PM »

CAN YOU LEAVE NOW?
   The truth is the truth---like it or not.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 23, 2006, 10:36:33 PM »

CAN YOU LEAVE NOW?
   The truth is the truth---like it or not.

Can you leave as well.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #4 : November 23, 2006, 10:38:20 PM »

Not a freaking chance in hell!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 23, 2006, 10:38:53 PM »

The truth is Gradkowski did not have that bad of game as some have suggested.  This is the first game where Gradkowski has more INT's than TD's. 

The first INT he was trying to force but there were too many defenders nearby.  The second INT was not his fault as Pittman decided to have butterfingers today (these drops are killing this team it hurt Simms and now are hurting Gradkowski).

Gradkowski looked solid on the first drive and when he had time he was okay.  He was pressured many times but he managed to gain yards with his feet.

It did not help that when Gradkowski was sacked it was becuase Buenning went down.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 23, 2006, 10:40:21 PM »

No matter how bad Gradkowski looks, there is always somebody worse. Tim Rattay.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 23, 2006, 10:41:17 PM »

The truth is Gradkowski did not have that bad of game as some have suggested.  This is the first game where Gradkowski has more INT's than TD's. 

He had a typical 1st year rookie game playing a tuff road opponent.  That is much conciliation to the fans watching because we lost and the QB didn't play well.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #8 : November 23, 2006, 10:41:36 PM »

He looked bad at times but he also made some key plays on a very successful opening drive.  he just is not consistent right now, to be expected from a rookie.  I think the jury is out on his ability to make the intermediate to deep throws and there are 5 more weeks to answer that question.

The glaring problem on this team now is defense.  This unit looked absolutely collegiate today.  it was unfair how easy Dallas carved up the secondary.  The d-line is decimated without Wymms in there.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 23, 2006, 10:43:07 PM »

and there are a few playing worse:  Leinart and Young spring to mind.  The bashers should go back and check the tape from Romo's rookie year, or Simms's rookie year for that matter.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 23, 2006, 10:45:36 PM »

Like I said earlier in the season his TD/INT ratio would come down back to earth and so far that is happening.  Gradkowski's accuracy has improved but his TD/INT ratio has worsened while earlier in the year his accuracy was poor but he had a very good TD/INT ratio.  It is always a roller coaster ride with a rookie QB.  He is making though similar mistakes just like Simms in that trying to make the big play all the time by forcing it downfield.

People say Gradkowski should not dink and dunk but I disagree completely.  Simms was at his best throwing to the intermediate routes and Gradkowski is at his best at throwing the shorter routes.

The deep passes are low percentage passes but are the most exciting to fans and hence why the obssesion with it so much.  Most of Martz' offense revolves around intermediate passes not deep passes believe it or not.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #11 : November 23, 2006, 10:48:31 PM »

Grads would be WAAAY better if he had more time on the sidelines with the clip board, and then got in either later this season, or played next year........many people on this board feel the same way I do, as well as the anouncers for the game "aikman" have all said that this is the toughest Offense that Gruden is implementing, and with the work Grads has done so far to make it to where he has, after the off season, and spring camp.....he will be right where we need him to be, and if we spent some time getting in a few big D playmakers, and some talent (that we may already have they just havent played that much either) on the field, then we stand aone hell of a chance next year going to the P-offs......

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : November 23, 2006, 10:51:12 PM »

and there are a few playing worse:  Leinart and Young spring to mind.  The bashers should go back and check the tape from Romo's rookie year, or Simms's rookie year for that matter.
  At least Tn. & Az. have something to look forward to---like their 1st round pick improving.  I absolutely NEVER think that while watching our qb. In the stands or at home. And the big, huge plasma TV just makes it look that much worse. :o

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 23, 2006, 10:52:45 PM »

and there are a few playing worse:  Leinart and Young spring to mind.  The bashers should go back and check the tape from Romo's rookie year, or Simms's rookie year for that matter.
   At least Tn. & Az. have something to look forward to---like their 1st round pick improving.  I absolutely NEVER think that while watching our qb. In the stands or at home. And the big, huge plasma TV just makes it look that much worse. :o

When a 6th round QB is playing as good as two first rounders and costs way less you would think Bucs fans would be excited about the possibilites?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #14 : November 23, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »

Grads would be WAAAY better if he had more time on the sidelines with the clip board, and then got in either later this season, or played next year........many people on this board feel the same way I do, as well as the anouncers for the game "aikman" have all said that this is the toughest Offense that Gruden is implementing, and with the work Grads has done so far to make it to where he has, after the off season, and spring camp.....he will be right where we need him to be, and if we spent some time getting in a few big D playmakers, and some talent (that we may already have they just havent played that much either) on the field, then we stand aone hell of a chance next year going to the P-offs......

I'm sorry, you may be delusional.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools