Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#15 : November 23, 2006, 11:19:32 PM

.And Simms was a 3rd rounder.

How does a 3rd rounder = 1st rounder? That is the basis of your entire arguement?
  No it's not. I meant the 1st rounders have a lot more promise than the 6th rounder.  A 3rd rounder can improve more, also.
on what basis do 1st rounders have more promise > 6th / 7th rounders? Are you honestly going to say that Santonio Holmes > Marques Colston?

Your logic that draft status = 'upside' is #### stupid...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 23, 2006, 11:20:41 PM

How does a 3rd rounder = 1st rounder? That is the basis of your entire arguement?
  No it's not. I meant the 1st rounders have a lot more promise than the 6th rounder.  A 3rd rounder can improve more, also.

You HOPE a 1st rounder shows more promise than a 3rd rounder or a sixth rounder or even a player undrafted.  Becuase there is a lot of money tied up in a 1st rounder. 

So basically you are saying you have no arguement?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : November 23, 2006, 11:22:49 PM

I believe we are discussing qbs. There can be guys that fall in the draft or out play their supposed abilities. If Grads is going to do that, dear lord, he better start hitting a wr or 2.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : November 23, 2006, 10:55:32 PM

No matter how bad Gradkowski looks, there is always somebody worse. Tim Rattay.

and there are a few playing worse: Leinart and Young spring to mind. The bashers should go back and check the tape from Romo's rookie year, or Simms's rookie year for that matter.
At least Tn. & Az. have something to look forward to---like their 1st round pick improving. I absolutely NEVER think that while watching our qb. In the stands or at home. And the big, huge plasma TV just makes it look that much worse. :o

When a 6th round QB is playing as good as two first rounders and costs way less you would think Bucs fans would be excited about the possibilites?

They have the talent to improve.  Our little substitute qb does not. You get what you pay for.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 23, 2006, 10:56:24 PM

and there are a few playing worse: Leinart and Young spring to mind. The bashers should go back and check the tape from Romo's rookie year, or Simms's rookie year for that matter.
At least Tn. & Az. have something to look forward to---like their 1st round pick improving. I absolutely NEVER think that while watching our qb. In the stands or at home. And the big, huge plasma TV just makes it look that much worse. :o

When a 6th round QB is playing as good as two first rounders and costs way less you would think Bucs fans would be excited about the possibilites?

They have the talent to improve.  Our little substitute qb does not. You get what you pay for.

So does this arguement apply to Simms as well? You do realize Simms was not picked in the first round?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 23, 2006, 10:58:53 PM

Two words for you:

Tony Romo

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : November 23, 2006, 11:18:42 PM

No it's not. I meant the 1st rounders have a lot more promise than the 6th rounder.  A 3rd rounder can improve more, also. And I don't think he's out playing anybody!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : November 23, 2006, 11:09:07 PM

Oh, like he's not a freak of nature just like Tom Brady.  Shh, don't tell anyone, Grads is not Brady. And Simms was a 3rd rounder.

#23 : November 23, 2006, 11:17:01 PM

since when does draft status = production....I guess Marques Colston blows since he's taken 7th? That guy who threw 5 tds was UNDRAFTED, Karen amongst others use that 6th round tab as a reason for failure, I use it as a motivation for success. Romo = undrafted, Hasselbeck = 6th round pick, Brady was a 6th, Delhomme was undrafted, I mean there are as many 5th and later success stories as 1st round busts...the fact he's outplaying them shows he has talent. The upside is there with EVERY player as young as Bruce / Matt / Vince, it's just a matter of being smart, you can have all the physical talents in the world, without smarts you won't make a good QB, IMO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2006, 11:15:17 PM

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 23, 2006, 11:25:12 PM

I believe we are discussing qbs. There can be guys that fall in the draft or out play their supposed abilities. If Grads is going to do that, dear lord, he better start hitting a wr or 2.

It looks like you are raising the white flag.  And to hit the home run why is Romo looking better than two first rounders right now?

#26 : November 23, 2006, 11:26:17 PM

It looks like you are raising the white flag. And to hit the home run why is Romo looking better than two first rounders right now?
because grandma Romo went to the barn and got her one of those 'studs' .... / Michael Irvin rant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 23, 2006, 11:28:34 PM

There can be guys that fall in the draft or out play their supposed abilities. If Grads is going to do that, dear lord, he better start hitting a wr or 2.

Well he is already hitting more WRs than the two 1st round rookies playing, and he is above average for 1st year rookie QBs.........so once again your ignorance is exposed.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 23, 2006, 11:29:17 PM

I think a lot of Grads performance is due to the amount of tape on him.  Teams are learning his tendencies and preparing for him.  This is completely normal, but the key is for him to be able to recognize and grow past his own mistakes and shortcomings.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : November 23, 2006, 11:30:30 PM

It looks like you are raising the white flag. And to hit the home run why is Romo looking better than two first rounders right now?
because grandma Romo went to the barn and got her one of those 'studs' .... / Michael Irvin rant
 LOL
    Because he spent  4 yrs. with the clipboard.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools