Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft and Offseason discussion thread- 20th pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2008, 06:23:11 PM

Texas RB Jamaal Charles has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.

There's no question about Charles' talent, but more was expected from him in college. He's been timed at 4.2 in the forty, finished his career on a high note, and has great growth potential at 6'1/205, but concerns about his ball security and consistency will likely keep him out of the first round.

Maryland LB Erin Henderson has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.

E.J.'s little brother played the weak side for the Terps, but could be looked at as a 3-4 inside linebacker by NFL teams. He led Maryland in tackles with 133 as a junior despite playing through injuries. With good workouts, Henderson appears to have a good chance at being a first-day pick in April.

Boise State OT Ryan Clady has declared for the NFL Draft.

Clady, a redshirt junior, is considered the No. 2 offensive tackle prospect behind Michigan's Jake Long. He is the first player from Boise to ever leave school early. Clady has a good chance to be a first-round pick in April.
  Kenny Phillips has opted to leave UM early for the NFL, leaving the Canes with Anthony Red**CENSORED** and Lovon Ponder as the likely starters entering next season.

Phillips is projected as a first round pick, and some experts have him going in the top 15.

Phillips had 91 tackles and one interception last season. As a sophomore he was a third-team All-American and second-team All-ACC despite missing the final three games with a broken thumb. He had 71 tackles, six for losses, with four interceptions.

He played as a true freshman in 2005, and was named to the Rivals.com All-Freshman team. He started 11 games and had 88 tackles and an interception.

Coming out of Miami Carol City High School he was the nation's top safety prospect. He intercepted 16 passes in high school, and as a senior he had 84 tackles and six interceptions. He played in the prestigious Army All-American Bowl.
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=748705

Miami (FL) DE Calais Campbell has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.

Campbell looked like a top-five pick entering his junior season, but struggled to fend off the double teams his big name status brought and ended with only six sacks on the year. His frame (nearly 6'8/280) and athleticism should still keep Campbell hovering near a first-round grade heading to April.

Florida DE Derrick Harvey has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.
Harvey stands about 6'5 and is on the lanky side at 250 lbs, but can get to the passer. He led the Gators in sacks with 8.5 as a junior. Depending on how he tests, Harvey could be viewed as an outside linebacker by 3-4 clubs.

I really want Clady

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : January 02, 2008, 06:25:51 PM

I also like Clady, but Charles would be a nice change of Pace to EG... Nice combo of runners there.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2008, 06:29:03 PM

I'm intrigued with Tyson Jackson but I dunno if he declares. The juniors are clearly dominating this draft class.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 02, 2008, 06:29:23 PM

Charles is going to be a stud in the NFL. He has really just started the past year lifting and is only going to get better and stay just as fast. His fumbling in the beginning of the season had a lot to do with his RB coach having cancer and Charles being very close to him. Once the cancer went into remission, Charlews went crazy. He's also a good kid!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#19 : January 02, 2008, 06:34:14 PM

I'm intrigued with Tyson Jackson but I dunno if he declares. The juniors are clearly dominating this draft class.
Defanitely, but from what I've heard, I doubt he declares.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2008, 06:39:18 PM

Looks like you should change your 1st round pick to Ryan Clady or better yet
pre-order this DeSean Jackson jersey

#21 : January 02, 2008, 06:44:11 PM

Well everyone here know Colt Brennan is document on endless threads as your pick

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2008, 06:47:30 PM

Well he apparently is better than your pick Joe Flecoo

gypsie

Starter

#23 : January 02, 2008, 09:47:59 PM

Love seeing Clady declare even if we dont get him that is more person that does slide to us.
Hopefully Stewart, Manningham,Laurinaitis,Mendenhall and Felix Jones follow suite. The 20th pick would look awfully good if all those guys declare.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#24 : January 02, 2008, 09:54:15 PM

Yeah, I should change who I have in my draft that I have set up, lately I have been swaying to LT + QB, though I still really want WR and DT... tough choice :)

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2008, 09:57:22 PM

I changed my mind I don't see Gruden bringing in some young QB to run the offense. I see him trying to improve his offense though getting skill position players or a true mammoth LT.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#26 : January 02, 2008, 10:26:18 PM

Yeah I could see that, but he has been linked to about every QB that has come out. I could defanitely see him jumping on Brohm or Ryan if they fell to him, I could also see him taking on a smart Project QB like Josh Johnson in the 3rd-4th, he may not start for a little bit, but could be someone Gruden could coach up for awhile. Gruden has taken young QBs before, and I don't see him stoping this year when we have a 37 yr old starter.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 03, 2008, 05:05:46 PM

Derrick Harvey, DE from Florida has declared for the NFL Draft.

#28 : January 03, 2008, 05:07:50 PM

I officially declare my eligibility for the draft too...  maybe I can compete with Darby?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#29 : January 03, 2008, 05:09:02 PM

Calais Campbell made it official, he is heading for the draft.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft and Offseason discussion thread- 20th pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools