Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just play competitive football « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: November 23, 2006, 11:23:00 PM

Deleted my last topic; I was being a jerk. 
I don't care if we win another game the rest of the season, I just want us to be competitive and build for the future.  After todays fame, it sure seems like we need to overhaul the entire team especially the defense.  We just don't need to go out and give up.  It sure seemed like to me that many players did that today after the Cowboys third quarter TD.  I don't care who plays, just be competitive.
Dallas looks as good as anybody this season IMO, especially in the NFC.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 23, 2006, 11:36:07 PM

That was competitve football believe it or not.    When a team gives up it looks a lot worse.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : November 23, 2006, 11:38:02 PM

No, it was not competitive. It was horrible!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 24, 2006, 12:32:59 AM

That "just be competitive" crap is BS.   I heard that for years and years when we were horrible.   Then when we got semi good, just competitive wasn't enough.   The fans are never satisfied unless they win a superbowl.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2006, 12:35:57 AM

The fans are never satisfied unless they win a superbowl.

I'd be okay with that, too  ;)

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 24, 2006, 09:06:02 AM

Hell Dallas could have scored 50 plus points if Parcells didn't call off the dogs. That was embarassing, this team has given up. I didn't see any effort at all that would make me believe otherwise.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 24, 2006, 09:12:23 AM

It's not just effort it's also smarts.  Read Barber's post game comments.  He says the defense beat itself.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : November 24, 2006, 09:19:46 AM

The effort is there. When you get beat bad it can look like there is no effort, that's just getting your butt beat by a much better team. Even Aikman commented late in the game that he didn't see the Bucs tanking it; he saw the effort. He credited Gruden for getting the effort out of the team with the season gone. But they're just not playing well. Call it too many injuries, lack of talent, mental errors, etc... but not lack of effort

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 24, 2006, 10:25:17 AM

effort was there but with no push by the DL.  Monte had to blitz almost every play and the boys were capatilizing on it. this is not a blitzing degense and needs to get pressure by the front four or they get embarassed like yestarday.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 24, 2006, 10:28:50 AM

"Give up" is what the Bucs did in their last game against Philly under Dungy. This defense didn't give up, they just couldn't keep up.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just play competitive football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools