Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: November 23, 2006, 11:43:13 PM

About bringing in a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK next season?  I'm not talking about Plummer, Culpepper, etc. either.  I'm talking about luring a grea one from another team.  Is there another Brees out there looking for an opportunity?
The core of our offense looks promising to me.  I think we need a go to receiver like a Owens.  I think we need a quality back up running back. 
I think we draft all defensive players to give Monte something to work with, as well as bring in some proven veteran Defensive players on the cheap, like the Patriots do. 
This franchise can bounce back next season, but it's going to take some serious off season work.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 23, 2006, 11:45:03 PM

About bringing in a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK next season? 

*In the distance Lions fans can be seen  broken up as Joey Harrington just ripped their hearts out on Thanksgiving day in Detroit*

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 23, 2006, 11:46:38 PM

Too soon to say Harrington has turned the corner but he did play well today.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 23, 2006, 11:48:41 PM

Bringing in a franchise QB entails that next season will most likely be a losing season.  Especially if you play them as a rookie.   And no franchise QB's are rarely available in free agency. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : November 23, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Who started as qb for Detroit?

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 23, 2006, 11:50:53 PM

KITNA

bucs8ball

Starter

#6 : November 23, 2006, 11:56:56 PM

About bringing in a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK next season? I'm not talking about Plummer, Culpepper, etc. either. I'm talking about luring a grea one from another team. Is there another Brees out there looking for an opportunity?

Name names!

BuccoJD

Starter

#7 : November 24, 2006, 01:30:45 AM

About bringing in a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK next season? I'm not talking about Plummer, Culpepper, etc. either. I'm talking about luring a grea one from another team. Is there another Brees out there looking for an opportunity?
The core of our offense looks promising to me. I think we need a go to receiver like a Owens. I think we need a quality back up running back.
I think we draft all defensive players to give Monte something to work with, as well as bring in some proven veteran Defensive players on the cheap, like the Patriots do.
This franchise can bounce back next season, but it's going to take some serious off season work.

Are you serious??? The Drew Brees situation was VERY rare. Dude came off a horrible season and out of nowhere lit it up, while they had a 1st round pick in Phillip Rivers NFL ready.
There isn't a situation like thatin the NFL...SO

1)  we need to re-sign Simms (solid starter, don't judge the dude playing behind that O-line which was worse than it is now).
2) trade down and try to get Troy Smith NOT Brady Quinn in the draft
3) Draft some GOOD defensive youth.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 24, 2006, 01:36:40 AM

Simms is not a "Solid starter".  He's not any better than Grads at this point.  He has much better tools than Grads, but he doesn't have the mental part, and probably never will.  Grads has serious issues with the deep stuff and arm strength, but we still have a better chance of winning under him than we did with Simms. 
I WOULD like to see Simms re-signed, but I wouldn't hand him the job.  Let them fight for it.  I doubt Simms wins that, but if Grads can't work on the deep accuracy, and Simms finally figures out how to run this O properly and learns how to avoid the killer mistakes, he's got a chance and I'd be just as happy with him...

#9 : November 24, 2006, 01:37:39 AM

JP LOSMAN IS YOUR MESSIAH1!!!!!! /ignoring the fact he sucks, there are no franchise QBs, and there are bigger fish to fry than the QB spot.

BuccoJD

Starter

#10 : November 24, 2006, 01:41:56 AM

Simms is not a "Solid starter". He's not any better than Grads at this point. He has much better tools than Grads, but he doesn't have the mental part, and probably never will. Grads has serious issues with the deep stuff and arm strength, but we still have a better chance of winning under him than we did with Simms.
I WOULD like to see Simms re-signed, but I wouldn't hand him the job. Let them fight for it. I doubt Simms wins that, but if Grads can't work on the deep accuracy, and Simms finally figures out how to run this O properly and learns how to avoid the killer mistakes, he's got a chance and I'd be just as happy with him...

Listen to yourself...the only advantage that you say Grads has over Simms is MENTAL??? thats just a BS attribute placed on fan favorites that suck (mental toughness).

Simms was getting killed behind that turn-style we called an O-Line. The line play has improved for the most part with Davin Joeseph in there. Just think of how many deep balls Grads has missed this year (with time)...Now think of how many Simms missed when he had time...OK thats zero

Its been said that he has one of the best deep balls in the league, and you don't let a commodity slip through your hands after a few bad games (that weren't all his fault).

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 24, 2006, 01:46:23 AM

Who could we possibly bring in? I can't think of a single QB I'd want to bring in next year over playing Simms. I realize he played terrible early in the season but for some reason I think his best days are ahead of him. I'm not bashing the idea, I would love to have a franchise QB here for once, I just don't think there are any. Hopefully Simms gets his head right and turns back into the player he was last year for us. If we had THAT Simms this year we would no doubt be in the playoff hunt right now. Especially with how wide open the NFC is. I think there are too many areas of need right now to try and spend money on a QB to come in and have to learn the system from scratch. We definitely need another WR or two, a DT, LB, S (or two), corner, DE, and Center.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 24, 2006, 01:47:59 AM

Also, the most annoying problem Simms had was the amount of balls he threw that got blocked at the LOS. Well is it me or is Grads starting to do the same thing?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : November 24, 2006, 01:50:45 AM

Simms is not a "Solid starter". He's not any better than Grads at this point. He has much better tools than Grads, but he doesn't have the mental part, and probably never will. Grads has serious issues with the deep stuff and arm strength, but we still have a better chance of winning under him than we did with Simms.
I WOULD like to see Simms re-signed, but I wouldn't hand him the job. Let them fight for it. I doubt Simms wins that, but if Grads can't work on the deep accuracy, and Simms finally figures out how to run this O properly and learns how to avoid the killer mistakes, he's got a chance and I'd be just as happy with him...

Listen to yourself...the only advantage that you say Grads has over Simms is MENTAL??? thats just a BS attribute placed on fan favorites that suck (mental toughness).

Simms was getting killed behind that turn-style we called an O-Line. The line play has improved for the most part with Davin Joeseph in there. Just think of how many deep balls Grads has missed this year (with time)...Now think of how many Simms missed when he had time...OK thats zero

Its been said that he has one of the best deep balls in the league, and you don't let a commodity slip through your hands after a few bad games (that weren't all his fault).
  Don't let MJS hear you---he's spent all day saying the o-line is worse now not better. Never mind Joseph & Trueblood weren't there. I don't think you need any more proof than our qb ended up in the hospital.

#14 : November 24, 2006, 01:51:51 AM

Yatta wasn't playing poorly at all, Mahan blew, but he still blows...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools