Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW! Guess who won coach of the year?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 03, 2008, 04:29:56 PM

I think there should be a surprise coach of the year award, I mean coming into the season we pretty much all guessed the Pats were going to be this good meanwhile no one had the Browns 10-6  :o

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : January 03, 2008, 04:55:01 PM

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that Phillips got votes? I don't think he does anything at all for them... I guess his cheerleading was very valuable.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 03, 2008, 04:57:36 PM

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that Phillips got votes? I don't think he does anything at all for them... I guess his cheerleading was very valuable.

Same reason Belicheck won...Garrett deserves more credit though...

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : January 03, 2008, 05:02:42 PM

Not really, Belicheck's gameplans are clearly his, and he has a big mark on that team. IMO it's Garrett that is making them better this year, his play calling has been exceptional.

graypilgrim

Starter

#19 : January 03, 2008, 05:06:42 PM

Belichick should've been disqualified, end of story.
How Romeo doesn't get a vote is beyond me, same could be said of Roy Williams taking the place of Taylor at the probowl.

Why?  Just because you do not like him should not reflect upon his ability to do his job. Which he did better than an other coach for the past 32 years.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 03, 2008, 05:07:56 PM

Not really, Belicheck's gameplans are clearly his, and he has a big mark on that team. IMO it's Garrett that is making them better this year, his play calling has been exceptional.

Quite similar roles I would say...Belicheck is a better coach than Phillips, but Josh McDaniels is the barely 30-yr. old OC who calls the plays and is most responsible for the offensive jaugernaut that is the Pats...

Both Belicheck and Phillips have "macro" guidance over the defense I would say...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 03, 2008, 06:06:53 PM

LOL! Until he gets caught he is...

Just because you don't get pulled over for speeding doesn't mean you're not breaking the law when you drive 65 in the 55 MPH zone.
Just because I am doing 65 doesn't mean I am cheating either...

Cheating and breaking the law are two things of a different nature.  Otherwise, Bellicheat would be in jail.

He has always been a cheat anyway.  Cheated on his wife.  Cheated his team.  It is both personal and professional with this guy.

Screw Bellicheat.

Also, if I drive 56, or 76, or 126, unless that paper is issued, I am safe driver a-1.

LtFox

Starter

#22 : January 03, 2008, 06:17:36 PM

How Romeo doesn't get a vote is beyond me, same could be said of Roy Williams taking the place of Taylor at the probowl.

Why? For doing what EVERY team in the league has probably done at one time or another. Everyone is looking for an edge. It certainly doesn't make it right or honorable, but it sure has hell didn't effect their game down the stretch (not cheating). The bottom line is that they were the best team in the league while attempting to steal signs and they are the best team in the league without doing so. I can't believe such a big deal was made out of it.

Brad Culpepper, who forgot more about football than anyone knows on this board, said it was doubtful that it was even helpful to the Pats. He went on to say that when he was traded to the Bears they (the Bears) just happened to be playing the Bucs one week later. He told all the "secrets" about their offensive and defensive calls and thought it would be valuable. He said it was a joke. Everything had been changed and everything he told them was absolutely worthless. These teams aren't stupid. All of them are trying to do it (cheat) which is why EVERY coach in the league covers his face with his play sheet when sending in the play. This has been going on forever.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 03, 2008, 06:54:05 PM

Why? For doing what EVERY team in the league has probably done at one time or another. Everyone is looking for an edge. It certainly doesn't make it right or honorable, but it sure has hell didn't effect their game down the stretch (not cheating). The bottom line is that they were the best team in the league while attempting to steal signs and they are the best team in the league without doing so. I can't believe such a big deal was made out of it.

Brad Culpepper, who forgot more about football than anyone knows on this board, said it was doubtful that it was even helpful to the Pats. He went on to say that when he was traded to the Bears they (the Bears) just happened to be playing the Bucs one week later. He told all the "secrets" about their offensive and defensive calls and thought it would be valuable. He said it was a joke. Everything had been changed and everything he told them was absolutely worthless. These teams aren't stupid. All of them are trying to do it (cheat) which is why EVERY coach in the league covers his face with his play sheet when sending in the play. This has been going on forever.
If it was a joke, why did he do it?

Because he risked losing a first round pick, getting fined a HUIGE chunk of money just for the adrenaline rush?

I could care less about Brad Culpeppers words.  Belicheat did it to gain an advantage.  Why do it for no reward when the risk is so costly?

Alrighty then.

#24 : January 03, 2008, 06:55:27 PM

Mike Tomlin deserved a vote. Crennel too without a doubt.

Crennel deserved to win but you have to give it to Belichick for coaching a team to the greatest regular season ever!!!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 03, 2008, 07:11:35 PM

what a shocker ... not

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 03, 2008, 07:13:27 PM

Crennel deserved to win but you have to give it to Belichick for coaching a team to the greatest regular season ever!!!!
Tied with the greatest regular season ever...

Immaculate is immaculate.

#27 : January 03, 2008, 07:50:46 PM

16 > 14 and the record breaking performances speak for themselves.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 03, 2008, 07:52:30 PM

He deserves it. Undefeated season.

Congrats Bill.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 03, 2008, 07:55:46 PM

16 > 14 and the record breaking performances speak for themselves.
Once again, perfection is perfection...can any one thing be more "perfect" than the other?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW! Guess who won coach of the year?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools