Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW! Guess who won coach of the year?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

LtFox

Starter

« #30 : January 03, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »

Belichick should've been disqualified, end of story.
How Romeo doesn't get a vote is beyond me, same could be said of Roy Williams taking the place of Taylor at the probowl.

Why? For doing what EVERY team in the league has probably done at one time or another. Everyone is looking for an edge. It certainly doesn't make it right or honorable, but it sure has hell didn't effect their game down the stretch (not cheating). The bottom line is that they were the best team in the league while attempting to steal signs and they are the best team in the league without doing so. I can't believe such a big deal was made out of it.

Brad Culpepper, who forgot more about football than anyone knows on this board, said it was doubtful that it was even helpful to the Pats. He went on to say that when he was traded to the Bears they (the Bears) just happened to be playing the Bucs one week later. He told all the "secrets" about their offensive and defensive calls and thought it would be valuable. He said it was a joke. Everything had been changed and everything he told them was absolutely worthless. These teams aren't stupid. All of them are trying to do it (cheat) which is why EVERY coach in the league covers his face with his play sheet when sending in the play. This has been going on forever.
If it was a joke, why did he do it?

Because he risked losing a first round pick, getting fined a HUIGE chunk of money just for the adrenaline rush?

I could care less about Brad Culpeppers words. Belicheat did it to gain an advantage. Why do it for no reward when the risk is so costly?

Alrighty then.

You misunderstood me, friend. I meant to convery that Culpepper said his attempt at helping the Bears turned into a joke because it didn't do them ANY good. OF course Belicheck did it to get an advantage. Everyone is looking for an advantage in the NFL. Why do you think many teams close their practices to the public? Do you think they just like alienating their fans? They do it because other teams have representatives in attendance taking notes....yes....cheating.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : January 03, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

here we go with the cheating crying again... and yes, 16-0 is more impressive than 14-0..

even more impressive that it was done in the era of free agency.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #32 : January 03, 2008, 09:26:20 PM »

here we go with the cheating crying again... and yes, 16-0 is more impressive than 14-0..

No one is "crying" here except maybe...

Well anyway, the point is this:  He got caught, he got caught CHEATING, he got caught cheating as was NOBODY else.

So that, yes THAT is the point here. 

Fact:  Bellicheat did cheat.

Fiction:  I am not crying.

Sorry if I don't run to his defenses, but that is just me.

If anyone is crying, it is you for CONSTANTLY sticking up for the idiot.  Face it Krazy, he got caught, which means he is guilty.

Whatever sort of advantage he tried to get out of it, probably worked, because the NFL did an investigation, and he did it.  Otherwise, why do it?

He did it because he tried to cheat.

Not too hard to understand is it?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #33 : January 03, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »

And even more impressive in an era where coaches rest their best players once they've clinched home field. A tremendous accomplishment that really only came to be because Coach Belichick was pissed off enough to say "screw it" go after it.

A feat that is not likely to be duplicated.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 03, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »

Well anyway, the point is this: He got caught, he got caught CHEATING, he got caught cheating as was NOBODY else.

Fact: Bellicheat did cheat.

Fiction: I am not crying.

If anyone is crying, it is you for CONSTANTLY sticking up for the idiot. Face it Krazy, he got caught, which means he is guilty.

Whatever sort of advantage he tried to get out of it, probably worked, because the NFL did an investigation, and he did it. Otherwise, why do it?

he did do it...and i'm sorry that you a few others are the only ones 'intelligent' enough to actually believe that he's the only coach that does it.

it amazes me that people are that blind to believe the pats are the only teams to employ a tactic like that.... it amazes me even more when so many explayers and ex coaches point out that it's not a big deal.

you know how it's said that fans take a loss harder than players?

well you're taking the cheating thing harder than others in the league too.

he did what he could to get an advantage....

...i have ZERO doubt in my mind that you have done the same at some point in your life. If you arent trying every angle to get an advantage over your opponent then you aint tryin to win.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #35 : January 03, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »

he did do it...and i'm sorry that you a few others are the only ones 'intelligent' enough to actually believe that he's the only coach that does it.

Hey KrAzYbUc, here's an appropriate image:

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #36 : January 03, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »

Well anyway, the point is this: He got caught, he got caught CHEATING, he got caught cheating as was NOBODY else.

Fact: Bellicheat did cheat.

Fiction: I am not crying.

If anyone is crying, it is you for CONSTANTLY sticking up for the idiot. Face it Krazy, he got caught, which means he is guilty.

Whatever sort of advantage he tried to get out of it, probably worked, because the NFL did an investigation, and he did it. Otherwise, why do it?

it amazes me that people are that blind to believe the pats are the only teams to employ a tactic like that.... it amazes me even more when so many explayers and ex coaches point out that it's not a big deal.

you know how it's said that fans take a loss harder than players?

well you're taking the cheating thing harder than others in the league too.

he did what he could to get an advantage....

...i have ZERO doubt in my mind that you have done the same at some point in your life. If you arent trying every angle to get an advantage over your opponent then you aint tryin to win.
To be honest, I am not taking this hard at all.

I am just calling a spade a spade, and that is all.

Until further investigations reveal any other "lose first round draft/fine 1.5 million dollar" penalties, he is the only one who went out of his way to steal someone else's hard work.

Nobody else has been slapped so hard, and that is fact.

I would like to see ONE instance that was proof positive that a coach cheated?  Aside from all the innuendo and second hand smoke...

Not saying I am blind to it, just saying let us see the proof!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #37 : January 03, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »

Hey KrAzYbUc, here's an appropriate image:

An appropriate image of you would be that same head in your anus.

Get some reading comprehension ability, then get back at me with that.

LtFox

Starter

« #38 : January 03, 2008, 09:41:26 PM »

And even more impressive in an era where coaches rest their best players once they've clinched home field. A tremendous accomplishment that really only came to be because Coach Belichick was pissed off enough to say "screw it" go after it.

A feat that is not likely to be duplicated.

I agree...like Brady said, "This happens every 35 years or so..." I doubt we will ever see it again. I will say, though, that the Colts have got to be the most overlooked 13-3 team in NFL history. The Lombardi Trohpy is no sure thing in my opinion, although they are, obviously, the odds on favorite.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #39 : January 03, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #40 : January 03, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »

King of the google.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #41 : January 03, 2008, 09:43:36 PM »

that image is a perfect way to describe people still complaining about this.

love it..... because it isnt proven, or someone isnt caught, it means it isnt happening.

you use that same logic in every aspect of your life? cause i've never met someone so gullible.

you need concrete proof for everything?j

get over it. you're only pissed cause you're jealous of the pats and jealousy creates hatred.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 03, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

King of the google.

« #43 : January 03, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »

Once again, perfection is perfection...can any one thing be more "perfect" than the other?

So, by your ridiculous logic, 1-0 is the same as 10-0? Give it a rest, B-fink.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #44 : January 04, 2008, 02:17:05 AM »

Once again, perfection is perfection...can any one thing be more "perfect" than the other?

So, by your ridiculous logic, 1-0 is the same as 10-0? Give it a rest, B-fink.
Uhhh...actually, it is you who needs to give the Pats jock a rest.

At the end of a REGULAR season, if a team plays 14 games, or 16 games, or 5 games, perfection is perfection, no?  Isn't that all I was saying?

You claim the Pats season was the "best", and I say at the end of regular (as you alluded to), the "best" is a tie.  Is it not?  I am not the one hanging on the Pats jock, as some are...

I despise them, because they are not the team I root for.  I can respect a good team, that is easy.  But to hang on their jocks the way some do is sickening, and the reason why tix don't get sold.

Fickle.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW! Guess who won coach of the year?! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools