Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bears to Franchise Berrian? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
: January 05, 2008, 08:10:26 PM

Agreed Swarming!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 04, 2008, 02:29:35 AM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Bernard Berrian-WR- Bears Jan. 4 - 2:09 am et

Bears GM Jerry Angelo didn't rule out the idea of placing the franchise tag on impending free agent Bernard Berrian at Thursday's press conference.

The tag would net Berrian roughly $8 million, the same amount Chicago offered him during in-season contract talks. The Bears' reporters don't think Berrian will be back, but the franchise tag makes a lot of sense on both ends.
Source: Chicago Sun Times 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 04, 2008, 02:30:40 AM

Jesus.  There goes the Berrian the Buc theory.

I am telling you, if he hits the meat market, he will be a Buc.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#3 : January 04, 2008, 04:49:24 AM

agreed... but what kind of meat is he Boid? Bologna?  I like Bologna in pewter

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 04, 2008, 06:35:55 AM

So I guess, Lance Briggs will find a new team.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 04, 2008, 07:12:52 AM

yea his contract says he can't be franchised if he played so many plays...I believe he met that level

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 04, 2008, 07:20:26 AM

He's good but I'd have a hard time paying top 3 money to a guy who only catches 40 or so passes a season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 04, 2008, 07:23:11 AM

people in the Bengals forum believe they will move CJ for a second... In that case Berrian is not needed

thanson

Starter

#8 : January 04, 2008, 09:10:36 AM

That's ok. There are still some other good fast WR out there

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : January 04, 2008, 09:26:18 AM

So I guess, Lance Briggs will find a new team.
He signed a long term contract like a month or so ago I believe.

EDIT: NVM, only read the story saying he was, missed the one calling it false, my bad.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 04, 2008, 10:03:51 AM

I read elsewhere, that the Bears were NOT going to Franchise Berrian and he's was gonna test the FA market.  Don't have a link, read it yesterday or day before somehwere. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 04, 2008, 10:49:24 AM

I read elsewhere, that the Bears were NOT going to Franchise Berrian and he's was gonna test the FA market. Don't have a link, read it yesterday or day before somehwere.

I read that also, the speculation was that they felt that Hester could develop into a #1 receiver.  Not sure if I believe that, though, sounds like BS to help contract negotiations with Berrian.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 04, 2008, 10:59:04 AM

He's good but I'd have a hard time paying top 3 money to a guy who only catches 40 or so passes a season.
OK he caught 15, 13, 51 and 70 in his career.  That means like many WRs he didn't hit his stride until his 3rd year.  To say he only catches 40 or so a season is not an accurate representation of his ability to produce.  He caught 70 passes from the trio of Grossman, Griese and Orton.  Thats pretty good.  He did do punt returns until a guy named Hester took over the duties for some reason.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 04, 2008, 11:11:51 AM

OK he caught 15, 13, 51 and 70 in his career. That means like many WRs he didn't hit his stride until his 3rd year. To say he only catches 40 or so a season is not an accurate representation of his ability to produce. He caught 70 passes from the trio of Grossman, Griese and Orton. Thats pretty good. He did do punt returns until a guy named Hester took over the duties for some reason.
I didn't feel like checking the stats. I stand corrected but my point is do you pay him like Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, etc.?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 04, 2008, 12:05:08 PM

OK he caught 15, 13, 51 and 70 in his career. That means like many WRs he didn't hit his stride until his 3rd year. To say he only catches 40 or so a season is not an accurate representation of his ability to produce. He caught 70 passes from the trio of Grossman, Griese and Orton. Thats pretty good. He did do punt returns until a guy named Hester took over the duties for some reason.
I didn't feel like checking the stats. I stand corrected but my point is do you pay him like Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, etc.?

If he can produce similar numbers to galloway here, most definitely. Those players get paid because they can carry the passing offense and produce big plays.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bears to Franchise Berrian? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools