Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bears to Franchise Berrian? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 05, 2008, 01:36:17 AM

I'm not sure i see him as a number one receiver though, i think he is better suited at  #2

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 05, 2008, 01:40:52 AM

Free agency, injuries, lack of production and bloated salaries will prevent several players from returning next season -- so contingency plans are already being discussed.

Linebacker Lance Briggs won't be back. Wide receiver Bernard Berrian and quarterback Rex Grossman could follow him.

While Jamar Williams is in line to replace Briggs, the quarterback spot is up for grabs and the wideout picture is muddled.

"We do have players that can replace these players," general manager Jerry Angelo said. "Can they be as good, better, not as good? Time will tell. But we feel good that they fit our scheme.

"We'd certainly like to have Bernard back, but if it doesn't work out, then we have to have players that will step in, be it a Mark Bradley or somebody that we look at in the draft."

Bradley's meager reception total has dropped in each of his three seasons, down to 6 this season. Muhsin Muhammad's catches have dropped for four straight seasons, and Devin Hester remains a work in progress, though a talented one.

"The key is to address what our needs are," Angelo said. "There will be a clear delineation between needs and the areas that we want to create more competition."

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=106623&src=148

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 05, 2008, 10:39:57 AM

He's good but I'd have a hard time paying top 3 money to a guy who only catches 40 or so passes a season.

AMEN!

You must be accountable for your actions!

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 05, 2008, 10:41:24 AM

That's ok. There are still some other good fast WR out there

just read on kffl, yesterday, the Broncos will try to trade Javon Walker...any good or damaged goods?

You must be accountable for your actions!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 05, 2008, 12:09:26 PM

He has the same agent as Briggs, Drew R, or whatever he will get PAID. Its okay if they franchise him, they can't in 09 because they will have to use it on Tommie Harris :)

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 05, 2008, 12:13:51 PM

No way he is worth a franchise tag, that is ridiculous.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#21 : January 05, 2008, 05:50:27 PM

Javon Walker = Nick Saban + Eli Manning

He lies and he is a whiner...  The way he left green Bay was nasty, then he underperforms gets hurt and wants out of Denver... No sir

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bears to Franchise Berrian? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools