Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anthony Davis - is he our franchise LT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 24, 2006, 11:55:29 AM

I'd love a real franchise OT.  If that were the case AD would make a very solid backup at 4 spots on the line and could compete with Trueblood at RT.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 24, 2006, 11:58:30 AM

I'd love a real franchise OT.  If that were the case AD would make a very solid backup at 4 spots on the line and could compete with Trueblood at RT.

If Joe Thomas is on the board I can see the Bucs pulling the trigger on him to pair with his teammate in Buenning.  And AD would be a solid back up to have in that scenario.

BucsAddict

Starter

#17 : November 24, 2006, 01:31:22 PM

Davis is a good LT. Not great but good. And we are in max protect , not due to AD, but due to our weak play at center/RT/LG ( when Mahan is in). Of all the pieces on that line AD's replacement falls to 4th in priority.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#18 : November 24, 2006, 02:17:45 PM

Franchise LT's: Ogden, Pace, Walter Jones, Roaf...so no, Davis isn't our Franchise LT.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#19 : November 24, 2006, 02:54:02 PM

I guess I used the wrong term when I made this thread. I wasn't trying to compare Davis to any of the true franchise LT's. What I was saying was simply this. Say Branch and Pit**CENSORED** and Adams are all off the board when we select but Thomas is still there. Is Davis a weak enough player that he's worth replacing then? I personally think no ( and you obviously can't replace Trueblood yet since he's a rookie). I personally hope we let Davis remain the starter and go after someone like Datish if we're gonna upgrade the center slot in the second round.

smma

Second String

#20 : November 24, 2006, 03:41:07 PM

I think the Bucs should bring in a LT and move Davis to RT. That strengthens two positions on the line.  Mike Gandy and Jordan Black are free agent LTs this offseason.
Do you really want to start another rookie at LT in 2007?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anthony Davis - is he our franchise LT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools