Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Will Allen, WHY? « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« : November 24, 2006, 08:32:58 AM »

Everybody in the world knew that Romo would go after Allen after he injured himself on the Cowboys first touchdown.  Allen should have either:
1.  Stayed down
2.  Called time out
3.  A COACH should have seen this and called time out

We were playing decent defense up to that point.  Cowboys get a touchdown and then we make another bad call by allowing Grads to throw deep and it gets picked; we were toast after that.
That may have been the last touchdown we will ever see Alstott make.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 24, 2006, 08:39:01 AM »

So you're saying we'd have won that game if it weren't for that TD where Will Allen shouldn't have been on the field?

WaldoBuc

Rookie

« #2 : November 24, 2006, 11:06:14 AM »

I'm sure they would've scored anyway, but why make it easy. Everyone in the room where I was, including a Cowboy fan, would've gone rigth for Allen after the way he was gimping.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 24, 2006, 11:08:03 AM »

As soon as they showed Allen limping but refusing to take himself off the field, I said: "Here comes a touchdown pass".

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 24, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »

Java, No I don't.  But, it may have made a big difference.  who knows what would have happened?  The bottom line is this; he should have not been out there on that play.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 24, 2006, 11:12:33 AM »

If Allen wouldn't have fallen down; the final score would have been 31-10 instead of 38-10. In the end; that play most likely wasn't going to change anything about how the Bucs played the second half.

DBuc

Second String

« #6 : November 24, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »

What was wrong with the deep throw call?  Dallas has been vunerable against the deep pass all year...and we had players open all day deep...As far as Will Allen goes, I do wish he would have gotten off the field...I do not blame Kiffin for it though, he has no idea how if Allen can go or not...Players get shook up all the time and stay on the field...This was is on Allen if he was that hurt...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 24, 2006, 11:15:37 AM »

Will Allen was thinking with his heart not with his head on that play.  We know he should not have been out there.  With that said no one will blame him for not trying.  Other than that play Will Allen was the best player on defense throughout the game and he did it while playing injured.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #8 : November 24, 2006, 11:16:33 AM »

Will Allen is a keeper.  Bolden, Cox, and Phillips are not.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 24, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »

Will Allen was thinking with his heart not with his head on that play. We know he should not have been out there. With that said no one will blame him for not trying. Other than that play Will Allen was the best player on defense throughout the game and he did it while playing injured.

I'll agree with this.  Pride was clearly the reason.  And while it might not have been the smartest decision, at least it shows that some players haven't mailed it in yet.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #10 : November 24, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »

Will Allen is a keeper. Bolden, Cox, and Phillips are not.
Agree.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 24, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »

#3 a coach had to see it, and there was plenty of time to get him out of there. The guy could barely stand up.  The coaches have to make the final call there, particularly with a young guy.  Maybe if its Brooks you let him decide if he can stay out there, but not a youngster.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Will Allen, WHY? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools