Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Martz « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 24, 2006, 12:38:04 PM

Look at the number of sacks the Lions have yielded this year.  Simms wouldn't last 5 games with that kind of heat.  he just can't take it physically.

The Lions o-line is not that good.

And it does not have to be Simms.  It could be Ramsey or Leftwich (if he is released).

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 24, 2006, 12:48:01 PM

Last time I checked, there is a long waiting list for season tickets. Thus, no need to
appease the season ticket holders. Unless, the Glazers have compassion for what
you or I think. I don't think they care. They'll do what they think will bring us another
ring.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 24, 2006, 12:51:02 PM

The winds can change and so do opinions and attitudes given time.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 24, 2006, 12:52:01 PM

Lets see ADW. You are proposing to get rid of an egotistical offensive minded "guru" who's offense isn't scaring anybody, and your best idea is to replace him with an egotistical offensive minded "guru" who's offense isn't scaring anybody.

Thats what you call firing somebody just for the sake of firing somebody.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 24, 2006, 12:52:51 PM

The Glazers have one more year to get things at least back to 0.500 before the ticket sales become an issue.  In my mind the best chance of that is with Gruden but I'd like to see Muir out and Kromer in on that side as well as Richard Mann booted.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 24, 2006, 12:56:03 PM

Lets see ADW. You are proposing to get rid of an egotistical offensive minded "guru" who's offense isn't scaring anybody, and your best idea is to replace him with an egotistical offensive minded "guru" who's offense isn't scaring anybody.

Thats what you call firing somebody just for the sake of firing somebody.

Close.  We know Martz is not about ball control and it is pretty straightfoward what he wants to do on offense (score points).  Only difference is Martz is doing more with less talent on offense than Gruden in my opinion.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 24, 2006, 01:01:14 PM

It's not so clear that Detroit has less talent.  They have some high draft picks on the o-line. They have Backus who was a coveted free agent.

Roy Williams is as good as Galloway at a minimum.  We do have Caddy but Kevin Jones is ok.  Kitna is far more experienced than Bruce and is certainly better at this point.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#37 : November 24, 2006, 01:07:52 PM

If Martz were to come here, he would probably be looking at Simms and Leftwich.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 24, 2006, 01:17:52 PM

It's not so clear that Detroit has less talent. They have some high draft picks on the o-line. They have Backus who was a coveted free agent.

Roy Williams is as good as Galloway at a minimum. We do have Caddy but Kevin Jones is ok. Kitna is far more experienced than Bruce and is certainly better at this point.

Backus is good but the rest of their line has been decimated by injuries

#39 : November 24, 2006, 02:05:09 PM

LOL, if MM came here, then Caddy=useless. He refuses to run.

#40 : November 24, 2006, 02:08:03 PM

LOL, if MM came here, then Caddy=useless. He refuses to run.
pretty much, if he didn't run SJ and MF then he's not going to run Caddy

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#41 : November 24, 2006, 02:53:16 PM

If Gruden stays here next season, I would hope that the OC position is filled by someone other than Gruden.
I have never liked a HC as an OC. Then again, I don't own a football team, nor have I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

T

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 24, 2006, 02:57:44 PM

Trade Caddy if Martz comes here cus he would never use Caddy or Alstott.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 24, 2006, 03:04:07 PM

Build an offense around Simms? Not even Martz can cure the batted balls.

Yesterda, Grads added another 2 batted passes to his total.

His ratio is about every 21 : 1.  Simms is about 17 : 1.  It is starting to even out here folks...batted passes must be a Gruden-Offense problem, or maybe it is just 2 QBs have issues with this kind of thing.  Or maybe Simms can't make a read more effectively, or telegraphs his throws.  And maybe Grads is just too short.  Either way, a batted ball is a batted ball, and the ratios are evening out.  As are the INT ratios.

Once again, I will kneel before the assumption that Grads is a rookie, despite his charisma and chutzpah.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 24, 2006, 03:05:45 PM

Yeah its grudens fault he works with zip at the QB position. You want offense, we need a viable QB that can actually move the ball, consistantly. Gruden will be back next year, this entire situation has been "a long time coming".

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Martz « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools