Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Obvious... « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: November 24, 2006, 10:38:25 AM

That Mr. Rice makes a difference.  I can't understand how people don't like this guy.  Yeah, he's **CENSORED**y, but who isn't in the NFL.  This guy at least kept us competitive; so let's get rid of him. 

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 24, 2006, 10:41:37 AM

If Rice can bounce back from surgery he may have another decent year or two. I'm not sure what can be saved on the cap by cutting him.  Replace Spires with White.  Pick up Branch in the draft to play UT.  Like Sapp, he may be a freak in having great size yet quick enough feet to get after the QB.  He should be available around 10-15 so we can trade down and maybe pick up another 2nd round pick.  Imagine having 3 2nd round picks to fortify our depth.

A decent FA signing at LB and CB and a new safety and things might turn around pretty quick.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2006, 10:43:47 AM

I'm not sure what can be saved on the cap by cutting him.

I believe that the number is $9 million, or about two-three players worth.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 24, 2006, 10:46:24 AM

I'm not sure what can be saved on the cap by cutting him.

I believe that the number is $9 million, or about two-three players worth.

If that's the case how much would it cost to sign Charles Grant? He'd be an upgrade over Rice at this point.  The key though is to get a different maker at UT who can blow up the interior.  That makes everyone else better instantly.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 24, 2006, 10:44:28 AM

DEPTH?  Don't hear too many people talking about that being a reason why the defense is playing poorly.  I can hardly remember when we had 'back-ups' like Dexter Jackson and Dwight Smith.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Obvious... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools