Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Beckles hatred of Gruden is so evident « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 25, 2006, 12:46:08 AM

so the motive behind your negative outlook...is the Bucs poor record a reason for it, or rather an excuse?

I get the impression that the glass is always half empty in those type of people's world.   No offense, Karen.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : November 25, 2006, 12:47:09 AM

There's a difference between reasons & excuses.  Most of this malarky is excuses.
so the motive behind your negative outlook...is the Bucs poor record a reason for it, or rather an excuse?
The Bucs god awful record/play is a reason for my negative outlook about the management of this team.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : November 25, 2006, 12:48:42 AM

I get the impression that the glass is always half empty in those type of people's world. No offense, Karen.
  Not true, Java. I'm sorry but there is nothing promising about this team---in fact it looks worse by the week.

#33 : November 25, 2006, 12:49:39 AM

I disagree, I'd say the fact that Davin is playing well is a great sign.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : November 25, 2006, 12:54:02 AM

No offense, RJ, but is that it?  The only thing?

#35 : November 25, 2006, 12:55:35 AM

No offense, RJ, but is that it?  The only thing?
no...how about Caddy still possibly getting 1,000 yards?

#36 : November 25, 2006, 01:22:46 AM

Of course it has something to do with coaching but this is a unique situation. Fisher is 15-37 the last 3 1/2 seasons yet everyone thinks he's still a great coach. He never won a Lombardi. I don't get it.

Because he is very well respected in league circles. I'm not so sure the same can be said about Chucky.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 25, 2006, 01:26:31 AM

Because he is very well respected in league circles. I'm not so sure the same can be said about Chucky.

I believe that can also be said about Coach Gruden.   In my opinion, those are the best 2 coaches in the NFL.   

buchater

Practice Squad

#38 : November 25, 2006, 07:34:18 AM

he gos so far as to say he thinks at the end of the year they should fire Gruden and now hes saying we shouldn't have let McKay go,blames all the dropped passes ,missed throws ,bad tackling on Gruden.Even though a caller pointed out that we ran the ball 14 of our 1st 19 plays and when we got the ball back in the middle of the 3rd quarter behind by 21 points he said we should still run the ball,yeah right Ian your pea brain is better at calling the game then Gruden.Gos on to say that next year with all the high draft picks and all the FA money to spend the future looks dark because we can't pick players and no free agents even given a lot of money  will want to come here to sunny Tampa because of Gruden.....Ian thinks everybody hates Gruden like he does.

If Gruden didn't get rid of this pompous, full of him self,very limited talk show midget and by the way Grudens show is way better then when Ian did it then he would be saying Gruden was the best thing since sliced bread.To listen to this man twist everything Gruden ever did because he hates him is sickening this guy is a real turd.

Yo man, Gruden has been in tampa 5 years, ONLY 2 of those years were winning years(thanks Tony Dungy).    He's got 3 UNDER 500 SEASON.      Geeez, you have to give DUNGY at least some of that credit, seeing he just went up to Indianapolis(where he's winning, now).    It's time for a CHANGE, CHANGE IS GOOD.     Besides, if he leaves Tampa, and comes to my team(DALLAS), he'll get another SUPERBOWL, or two, or three.......

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 25, 2006, 07:38:21 AM

It's time for a CHANGE, CHANGE IS GOOD.

Good post.   I agree with you.   The Colts should make a change at head coach.   They should fire Dungy and hire Steve Spurrier to get them to the next level.   

#40 : November 25, 2006, 08:10:00 AM

Yo man, Gruden has been in tampa 5 years, ONLY 2 of those years were winning years(thanks Tony Dungy).    He's got 3 UNDER 500 SEASON.      Geeez, you have to give DUNGY at least some of that credit, seeing he just went up to Indianapolis(where he's winning, now).    It's time for a CHANGE, CHANGE IS GOOD.     Besides, if he leaves Tampa, and comes to my team(DALLAS), he'll get another SUPERBOWL, or two, or three.......

Tired argument.  Gruden did more with "Dungy's Team" than Dungy did.  And Tony won in Tampa also, just as he is in Indy.  But Tony is still missing the same thing in Indy that he was in Tampa--a SUPER BOWL.  What is Tony winning there that he didn't in Tampa???  Like I said, tired argument.

Some of you people need to get off the ridiculous notion that Gruden won with Tony's team.  Do you think it is a new argument or something?  What a bunch of knobs.

If CHANGE IS GOOD, maybe YOU should CHANGE forums since you are a Cowpuke fan.

With all the hate, it would be no wonder that Gruden WOULD want to leave Tampa.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#41 : November 25, 2006, 08:30:29 AM

The Colts should make a change at head coach.     

Yeah.  They should bring in a defensive minded coach.  That should put them over the top.   ::)

replica

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 25, 2006, 08:35:59 AM

I cannot stand to listen to these buffoons in the morning anymore. I was a big fan of Ian when he would fill in for Chris Thomas. These days he is so negative about everything red & pewter, I just turn it off. :-

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 25, 2006, 08:52:51 AM

The worst thing about Ian is that he doesnt do his homework.   Most days he literally has no idea what happened in sports the day before.   People have to explain to him what happened, then he comments.    That's pretty damn sad when your job is to talk about sports.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 25, 2006, 12:53:17 PM

Yeah, Dungy did such a good job drafting Manning and Harrison, the key players in Indy's run. Or Tarik Glenn or Ryan Diem or Jeff Saturday or Reggie Wayne.... NOT! He got a nice high pick to snag Dwight Freeney as soon as he got there. But if the Colts finish where they are, they would have been in the bottom half of the league in three of his five years there. The guy's a good coach, but when will people realize that 2001 was a fluke as far as the Colts are concerned? For those who love Dungy, the Bucs did him a favor, sending him to a team with a handful of Hall of Famers entering their prime. Good guy. But change their rosters and you'd see a dramatic difference in fortune. Gruden had a great team on its last legs. Dungy was given a clean slate with a great team coming off a fluke bad year with plenty of good ones to come. Dungy? Gruden? What boggles the mind is how Mora Sr. did such a bad job that this team lost 10 games. Frankly, it's incredible.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Beckles hatred of Gruden is so evident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools