Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO EXTENSION FOR YOU GRUDEN! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 06, 2008, 04:04:15 PM

Well the failed experiment that is Jeff Garcia has just thrown another interception. Goodbye Jeffie, take Gruden with you.
Thats because he was rusty, stupid move.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 06, 2008, 04:04:33 PM

Extend Gruden's contract. He earned it by getting a 4-12 team into the playoffs as a division winner. It's as simple as that.

By that logic, he should have been fired last year for taking a division winner team from the playoffs to 4-12 in a year

To me the Bucs have had the same 8-8 team for the last 3 years. Right now.....I'm thinking that offering Gruden a 1 year extension is the way to go. If he doesn't want it then so be it.

Agreed

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 06, 2008, 04:04:45 PM

It has nothing to do with resting two weeks.  The Giants are just a better team.....  

Pretty much. The defensive line, which got almost no pressure (hence no TOs), was not rested. We're just not that good, period.

#33 : January 06, 2008, 04:05:12 PM

I agree Gruden should not be extended, another 1 and done.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 06, 2008, 04:08:25 PM

We can't win a home playoff game, 2 years out of the past 3 now....and our offense didn't get anything going until later in the game.

Our Defense let us down.  How do you not get a turnover on Eli.  We shut down Jacobs, but our D really let us down after that Super Bowl caliber D in the first quarter.

Also Josh Bidwell and Michael Spurluck let us down.  It was 7-0, we are dominating, and jerkoff Bidwell punts the ball about 25 yards giving the Giants good field position at their own 47.  Then we all know down 14-7, with the game still in reach, **CENSORED** Spurlock fumbles.

GRUDEN SHOULD NOT GET AN EXTENSION.  You can't win home playoff games?  Give me a break.  They will either let Gruden finish out the one year on his deal, or they may even fire him.  I dont think he'll get fired, but I wont be suprised...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 06, 2008, 04:10:59 PM

We can't win a home playoff game, 2 years out of the past 3 now....and our offense didn't get anything going until later in the game.

Our Defense let us down. How do you not get a turnover on Eli. We shut down Jacobs, but our D really let us down after that Super Bowl caliber D in the first quarter.

Also Josh Bidwell and Michael Spurluck let us down. It was 7-0, we are dominating, and jerkoff Bidwell punts the ball about 25 yards giving the Giants good field position at their own 47. Then we all know down 14-7, with the game still in reach, dumb jerk Spurlock fumbles.

GRUDEN SHOULD NOT GET AN EXTENSION. You can't win home playoff games? Give me a break. They will either let Gruden finish out the one year on his deal, or they may even fire him. I dont think he'll get fired, but I wont be suprised...

We were outdone in all 3 facets of the game...  that falls on the head coach.  Very disheartening.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 06, 2008, 04:13:41 PM

A smarter game plan would have been to utilize a ball control offense - we were running the ball well, but Gruden started with the passing...the D got gassed cause they were always on the field and momentum shifted - due to poor play calling and lousy QB play. Garcia kept throwing to galloway who obvious to everyone except Gruden and Garcia didnt give a damm about this game.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 06, 2008, 04:14:21 PM

shut up go be a fan for another team. i no ur happy. gruden should and will get a extension. this loss wasnt grudens fault.

Chaz, let's be real here.  Sure, he didn't play in the game, but he did produce the product.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#38 : January 06, 2008, 04:15:14 PM

It is hard to argue for a contract extension right now but Gruden should be retained IMO.  The team showed improvement and we have a lot of young players.  We have a very favorable cap situation and something solid to build on.

Extend him two more years so he isn't a dead duck coach BUT if we flop next year fire him and pay him off.

agreed mjs. I'm extremely disappointed with the loss today, especially after the dominating 1st qtr, but this was a young team, and an injured team. I see the promise for the future. Keep Gruden around, if he tanks next year, let him go.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#39 : January 06, 2008, 04:15:47 PM

Gruden didn't tell Garcia to throw it straight to Corey Webster.

Why are half of you happy we lost? You're making Falcons fans look good.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 06, 2008, 04:17:22 PM

I like Gruden, but HOW CAN YOU SAY HE DESERVES A CONTRACT EXTENSION?

and this is coming from a big Gruden fan.  I say let him finish out his contract.  If we win a home playoff game next year, the guy stays.

But losing your last 2 home playoff games is an absolute joke.

Bidwell, Spurlock, and the Defense let me down.  Galloway was a joke today and Garcia played like crap.

I am not as mad at Garcia as I mad at the rest of the team, however.  Earnest Graham, Ike Hilliard, Alex Smith, and even Michael Clayton came to play today.  The rest of the team was a joke.  

How the D could be so dominate and then stink up the joint is beyond me..

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 06, 2008, 04:23:18 PM

I dont know who is happy.  many are just irritated with the constant let down.

Two straight home playoff losses.....

and before you bring up the Super Bowl win,(yeah IM a Gruden Fan, so chill out before it becomes a Dungy/Gruden debate), that win from 02 season isn't helping us now....

Gruden needs to show me next year that his team can get out of the first round of the playoffs.  I understand its not his fault all the time, but resting the starters ticked me off, especially when Garcia missed 3 prior games to that.

The D and Special Teams let us down.  Galloway let us down. 

Not all Grudens fault, but we better upgrade this team in the off-season.  We didn't do anything to uprade the team after 05's loss, and we better do something this time around and learn from that mistake.

We wont have a cream puff schedule next year...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : January 06, 2008, 04:26:15 PM

I am the complete opposite of happy at this moment. That is why Gruden needs to go because he just cant get it done with his guys. 2002 was a very long time ago.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 06, 2008, 04:29:08 PM

Give him a one year extension. 

Get a real GM who is a personnel man first.  Give Allen the role of Capologist and strip him of the GM title. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 06, 2008, 04:29:20 PM

There is only a handfull of guys left from that 2002 team...The players Gruden has brought in here have not worked out.

I just cant imagine the Glazers are going to sit back and do nothing. I dont think Gruden will be fired. But you are going to see them take a more active role like what was going on in the final years of the Dungy era where they were forcing him to fire his coaches. Muir is done in my opinion.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO EXTENSION FOR YOU GRUDEN! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools