Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This Season Exceeded my Expectations....Thank You « previous next »
Page: 1

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
: January 06, 2008, 09:01:02 PM

Thanks for a great ride this season.. Looking forward to next Sept already! Whens free agency start ;)

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#1 : January 06, 2008, 08:16:02 PM

1st of all let me say I am devestated and hurt by today's loss.  I really thought we was going to beat the giants. But when i look back on the season , I must say it was a success. Garcia led us to the playoffs in his 1st year in gruden system. I am looking forward to seeing garcia in his 2nd year in the same system. I remember Brad Johnson threw for 13td and 11 int in his 1st season with gruden ( compare to garcia 13td - 4 int not including playofffs). But in Brad 2nd year he threw for 22td and 6int with  a below average line featuring Kenyatta walker.In garcia 1st season in SF he threw 11td and 11 int, but in his 2nd seaon he threw for 31td and 10 int and rushed for 4 and in his 3rd year he threw for 32td and 12 int while rushing for 5.All im saying is i think we have the right man leading us. I think as long as Garcia stays healthy we will be playing in the Super Bowl in tampa next season.But we need to go after a WR or 2 and a UT in Free Agency.I know we need to keep the youth movement but i dont want to depend on a rookie WR to help lead us to the post Season. We got  a vet Qb and two vet WR with galloway and hillard but we need some fresh legs. Hopefully clayton keeps it going, but we cant depend on him , especially with what is at stake. Playing in and hosting a Superbowl.  I want a vet who already understands the NFL and how to run routes.Release Pittman and wade , resign Bennett and sign Mewlede Moore and let caddy take his time coming back.. . In addition i think our O-line will better and more experienced.

Anyway, BUCS,THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART for the wins and the excitement you provided ME with this year. If anyone told me at the beginning of the season we would make it to the playoffs and host a home game , i would have been thrilled especially coming off of last season. So with that being said, i will see you next year and be happy to welcome back a healthy Caddy, Luke, Paris,Stovall,Simms,Sabby,Torrie Cox,Charles Bennett,Greg Peterson,Antoine Cash And Mark Jones...........and hopefully a few FA and some good draft picks. IMO this upcoming yearis the year the bucs will make that strong push. Gruden might get a year extension to see if he can get us back to the superbowl. It doesnt make sense to get a new coach right now IMO. I dont want the entire offense having to learn a new offensive scheme.Wait to after the 2008-09 season to get a new coach and install a new offense if we dont do good next year. Kiffin needs an extension but he needs to put some wrinkles in our D, or get a stud UT.

I look forward to you guys being major players in FA. Please dont make the mistake we did a few years ago when we thought because we kept the whole team from the previous season intact we would go to the playoffs again the next season. Please Upgrade certain positions.

Alstott - retire

Brooks- I love u man and appreciate everything u have done for this franchise but the only way i want u back is to be this teams Strongside LB. NOt the weakside. If he cant do that, i hate to say it, but take off the jersey and put on the headset and coach the LB core. You might be more valuable to this team.

I know their may not be alot of people who agree with me , but these are my feelings. Feel free to comment

GO Bucs!!!!!

I guess the future is bright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 06, 2008, 08:27:49 PM

Based on the talent level of the team, the mix of youth and experience, along with the injuries, I think this team is exactly where it should have been this season. Nine wins, a playoff game, and an early exit from the postseason tournament. The loss was disheartening, but probably appropriate. The better team won.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 06, 2008, 08:32:06 PM

The last 3 games played(including today)left a bitter nasty taste in my mouth heading into the off season, because I had predicted 9-7 and a first round win but I was not expecting to see a team who was completely lazy and careless & who quit on us and themselves at the end of the season!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 06, 2008, 08:39:09 PM

Nice reality check today. The Bucs were never a serious contender and we found that out in pretty stark fashion. It's been a real exciting season and I'm happy that, on the back of an abysmal 4-12 campaign, Jon Gruden's team showed that it can overcome terrible adversity and still compete. Making the playoffs was a huge accomplishment in itself given the injuries. In the end I just think that they caught up with the team. I just hope now that the Glazers lock up Gruden long term.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#5 : January 06, 2008, 08:41:04 PM

The last 3 games played(including today)left a bitter nasty taste in my mouth heading into the off season, because I had predicted 9-7 and a first round win but I was not expecting to see a team who was completely lazy and careless & who quit on us and themselves at the end of the season!

Yeah it did leave a sour taste in my mouth too but we all knew if garcia or galloway got hurt; we knew what we was left with. And that showed today unfortunatley . Galloway was not 100% after the 1st qtr.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 06, 2008, 09:21:27 PM

Amen.  We pretty much exceeded my expectations for the season, and for that, I must commend Coach Gruden.  Excellent job of coaching with all the injuries and such.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

LtFox

Starter

#7 : January 06, 2008, 09:27:51 PM

12 guys on IR and still made the play-offs. That about says it all.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 07, 2008, 01:25:30 AM

BUMP

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#9 : January 07, 2008, 10:30:39 AM

BUMP

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 07, 2008, 10:32:42 AM

BUMP!!!!!

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : January 07, 2008, 10:39:51 AM

After our 5th win, the Bucs exceeded my expectations. Its still was depressing being at work today.  You know that it was inevitable, and it might have felt the same way if they won then lost to the Cowboys. Really, only one team will be there at the end (Pats), so all playoff teams will get the feeling we have today.   The trouble I had is how the Bucs lost. It was just too ugly to watch.

But Thank You Glazers, Gruden, Allen and Garcia. You made the last 4-5 months interesting for me as a football fan.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 07, 2008, 01:15:38 PM

I expected us to go 10-6, 11-5.....even be4 the season

we went 9-7 and lost in the first round of the playoffs...another home game none the less.

There is no excuse for our team stalling in the first round of the playoffs.  I hope this doesnt become a habbit for the team under Gruden...

I like Gruden, and people have to realize that a coach can only do so much....but we need to upgrade our team this off-season and start winning playoff games...especially ones at home we should win.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This Season Exceeded my Expectations....Thank You « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools