Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer: Season Was A Success « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: January 07, 2008, 05:12:58 AM

TAMPA - A season that ended in lackluster fashion Sunday was judged an overall success by Bucs executive vice president Joel Glazer.

"I'm proud of this team," Glazer said after the 24-14 loss to the Giants in an opening-round NFC playoff matchup. "We think this is something to build on."

In March, Glazer indicated Jon Gruden's future as head coach was linked to a sense by ownership that the franchise was heading in the right direction following a 4-12 season and a last-place finish in the NFC South.

The 2007 Buccaneers won a division title despite a flurry of injuries, but dropped four of their final five games after an 8-4 start. Tampa Bay hasn't won in the postseason since the 2002 club routed Oakland in the Super Bowl, capping Gruden's first year on the Bucs sideline.

"We did a lot of good things this year," Glazer said, referring to the leadership of quarterback Jeff Garcia, the resurrection of Monte Kiffin's defense and the development of several young players in prominent roles. "Naturally, we're all disappointed by Sunday's result, but we're going to build on what we accomplished this season."

Gruden is under contract through the 2008 season and Kiffin isn't signed for next year. Following the game, the veteran defensive coordinator declined to comment on his contract status.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/07/bb-glazer-season-was-a-success/?sports-bucs

ryanleaf

Starter

#1 : January 07, 2008, 06:31:10 AM

Sounds like Gruden is safe - for now.  As Joel said, this is "...something to build on."  Meaning Gruden may get a year added on to his current deal.  I really think Kiffin is gone.  I don't think that it is a lock that he heads west to Oakland, but, I really would have thought that he would have a new deal in place by now.

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 07, 2008, 07:04:33 AM

Everybody will be back coaching next year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 07, 2008, 08:55:03 AM

season to build on...

Key words. He'll get an extension, IMO.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 07, 2008, 11:11:29 AM

Everybody will be back coaching next year.

Even Muir?  Sigh.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#5 : January 07, 2008, 11:26:34 AM

Muir is a Gruden guy.. Gruden lives with the offensive coaches that he flat out refuses to fire... he will die with the crap coaches he is in love with.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 07, 2008, 11:27:27 AM

Muir is a Gruden guy.. Gruden lives with the offensive coaches that he flat out refuses to fire... he will die with the crap coaches he is in love with.

How so?  Wasn't he hired by the Glazers before Gruden was hired?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 07, 2008, 11:28:34 AM

Ehh Gruden should have him fired... He is now a Gruden guy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 07, 2008, 11:29:25 AM

How so?  Wasn't he hired by the Glazers before Gruden was hired?

Yes, he was.

However, I'm disappointed that Muir still has as much control over the actual front-line coaching of the OL as he does. I was expecting Kromer to be having more influence there at this point. Hopefully that will happen as we transition into the 2008 season.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 07, 2008, 11:30:50 AM

DTG.. I doubt it, the offensive line is still the albatross around the neck of the offense. The guys up front just aren't talented enough to ever win anything meaningful. Trueblood only plays hard after the whistle.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 07, 2008, 11:32:43 AM

Personally, I'd kind of like to see Callahan brought in as the OC.  If losing that title would mean Muir would look elsewhere for a new job, well, so much the better.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 07, 2008, 11:33:23 AM

How so? Wasn't he hired by the Glazers before Gruden was hired?

Yes, he was.

However, I'm disappointed that Muir still has as much control over the actual front-line coaching of the OL as he does. I was expecting Kromer to be having more influence there at this point. Hopefully that will happen as we transition into the 2008 season.

I agree.  I think Muir and Biasucky both are albatrosses around this team's proverbial neck.  Both should be canned as far as I'm concerned.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 07, 2008, 11:34:05 AM

Yes should have been fired.  No he's not a Gruden guy.  You were wrong.  Again.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 07, 2008, 11:39:10 AM

Yes should have been fired.  No he's not a Gruden guy.  You were wrong.  Again.

It's cute how Ghost rationalizes stuff, isn't it?  Kinda like a 6-year-old.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 07, 2008, 11:40:14 AM

Biggs.. Gruden is attached to Muir when he didn't fire him after the 04 season. He is now a Gruden guy.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer: Season Was A Success « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools