Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Negativology? « previous next »
Page: 1

Runole

Hall of Famer
: November 24, 2006, 01:12:29 PM

There must be some sort of degree in this discipline at a local college that any fans can get. 

I think I have picked up on the some of the most vital thoughts one must ascribe to attain such a degree.

1.  Booing is by far the most encouraging thing you can do for the team you are a fan of, after all neither the coaches or players realize when they make mistakes.

2. Coaches always play their favorite players, they never actually play to win.

3. When an alleged  "star" player complains that he isn't be utilized enough he is always right.

4.  When a tackle is missed, assignment missed, or some other error in execution occurs it is always the coaches fault.

5. Rich Mckay was the greatest evaluator of talent, a capologist extraordinaire, and was completely disrespected when he didn't make commissioner of the NFL.

6. Every win that Tampa has had has been due to coaches no longer here, but all losses are always due the current coaching staff.

7. Coaches and players should be replaced as soon as any mistake occurs on the field

8. It is not the least bit irrational to expect the Bucs to win every game and shut out every opponent.

9.  Anyone that does not ascribe to the above should be called a "homer".

10.  In order to receive a degree you must always be negative about everything involving the team you follow

11.  Nothing is ever good enough.

12.  The team, coaches, and players all owe you.

That is all....  Minority fan opinion ... drive by..

#1 : November 24, 2006, 01:21:17 PM

I've already sent Karen her honorary Phd. in Negativology.

#2 : November 24, 2006, 01:42:50 PM

hell just name the department after her...

#3 : November 24, 2006, 02:48:56 PM

That is all.... Minority fan opinion ... drive by..

That would be extremely disrespectful to Bornabuc.

#4 : November 24, 2006, 02:51:16 PM

same person maybe?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 24, 2006, 05:49:13 PM

Slight correction:

6. Every win that Tampa has had has been due to coaches no longer here, but all losses are always due the current coaching staff (except for Kiffin).

#6 : November 24, 2006, 07:02:51 PM

Runole,

That post was AWESOME!!  And right on the money.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 27, 2006, 12:25:34 PM

4. When a tackle is missed, assignment missed, or some other error in execution occurs it is always the coaches fault.

6. Every win that Tampa has had has been due to coaches no longer here, but all losses are always due the current coaching staff.

Runole offering his usual stupid take on things. We'll deal with the meatier things other than his craptastic efforts at humor - leave failed bits of humor to Zell.

4. When a assignment is missed = players fault, when assignments are consistently missed = coaches fault. At some point you determine that each occurrance is no longer a random fact and becomes part of a greater whole. When you produce consistent outcome despite changing the parts you start looking coach not players (example, our lousy offense over 5 years).

6. The Grudenista converse is the core of faith and has been pronounced many more times. Gruden won the Super bowl but <insert excuse du jour> is to blame for the current problems. See article #4 discussed above as proof that the staff is blameless to you.

Add one more if the fan considers himself to be "a unpaid GM" , "unpaid talent evaluator extraordinaire", He must declare all other opinions and thoughts of others stupid.  Now that is really convincing??????

Dalbuc earned his PHD in Negativology long ago.. Sadly, he still desperately seeks for the NFL to recognize his prowess in evaluation of the game... Just a hunch but I believe he is in for a long wait!! LOL

As to myself I am quite content being a fan that cheers win or lose for the Bucs.  I learned long ago not to grouse about things I have no control over.

I see Gruden and company trying to make the team better.  That is always an encouraging sign.

On a more serious note:

When a player continuosly makes mistakes you cut him, and find a player that can execute better.  This usually occurs in the off season.

I guess Tom Coughlin was to blame for Eli's interception last night if we may use Dalbucs logic? at work.

Does Gruden + Company make mistakes?   Most certainly!!  Just like every other staff in the NFL. No one is perfect not even DALBUC!!  LOL

FACT:  The Bucs aren't an extremely talented football team at the moment.  Teams starting rookie QB's with such personnel are always going to struggle. 

Patience is a most important aspect for fans.  Unfortunately, it is a hard commodity to find with those that have earned their degrees in "Negativology".

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 27, 2006, 01:11:14 PM

LMFAO!

watson

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 27, 2006, 04:24:19 PM

This list could be much longer.......don't forget a certain poster from Georgia.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 28, 2006, 02:00:05 PM

Hmmmm?  Don't care???    That is a rather ridiculous assumption on your part.... Dalbuc.

Don't consider myself special but thanks! for your adulation. To think just a post ago you were claiming I was stupid.  You are such a great kidder Dalbuc... lol

Unlike you, I don't profess to be the "expert" all knowing  "self- professed NFL wunderkind" fan.

I most certainly care about the Bucs, but I don't spend every waking moment trying to ridicule and discredit every move they make. I see little pleasure or productivity in such exercises  Perhaps you do with that stuff. Does this make you happy?

Is **CENSORED**ing and whining that pleasurable? weird!!

I realize that this may indeed be an earth - shattering revelation, but I actually believe that the Bucs players, coaches, and Glazers are honestly trying to do their best to succeed.  I fail to see anything productive in the constant "cancer" and "ugly rumor" starting by those with PHD's in Negativology.

JMHO but to me a FAN is one that supports the home team win or lose.  I also know that I am not a coach, player, GM, or owner of an NFL team, but I doubt even then would I change my opinion.

I have always found that derision and questioning every decision was extremely counterproductive for the team I cheered for but that is just my opinion.   You call that ignorance I call it intelligence.  To back up that assertion explain how the Bucs, Gruden, or the Glazers give a tinkers damn what you think? All you are to them is an uneccessary distraction that makes their jobs a bit more difficult.

Hold on to that precious Degree in NEGATIVOLOGY dalbuc I am sure it will bring you great success???? One thing certain you have a large army of followers here.

As a proactive fan, I realize that indeed I may be a  rare commodity these days.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 28, 2006, 02:48:58 PM

Good post, Runole.

Well said.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 28, 2006, 03:54:49 PM

I realize that this may indeed be an earth - shattering revelation, but I actually believe that the Bucs players, coaches, and Glazers are honestly trying to do their best to succeed. I fail to see anything productive in the constant "cancer" and "ugly rumor" starting by those with PHD's in Negativology.

Just to prove you are an idiot, like anyone should need proof:

http://bbs.pewterreport.com/index.php?topic=2588.0

Had any of you cheerleaders found that tidbit? Nope. Who posted it, that's right the guy who is just always posting negative things.

Just a quick example of the difference between someone who sees both good and ill and, well, people like you.

<clapping my hands> Hey so your cup is only 1/4 empty not half...LOL ;D  (I couldn't resist that one...)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 28, 2006, 04:14:07 PM

I realize that this may indeed be an earth - shattering revelation, but I actually believe that the Bucs players, coaches, and Glazers are honestly trying to do their best to succeed. I fail to see anything productive in the constant "cancer" and "ugly rumor" starting by those with PHD's in Negativology.

Just to prove you are an idiot, like anyone should need proof:

http://bbs.pewterreport.com/index.php?topic=2588.0

Had any of you cheerleaders found that tidbit? Nope. Who posted it, that's right the guy who is just always posting negative things.

Just a quick example of the difference between someone who sees both good and ill and, well, people like you.

And your point is??  I see nothing in that thread that changes my opinion of you.

Understand, I have nothing against constructive criticism but the character assassination against both players and coaches by you regularly are most apparent.

Chev has it almost right, however I would suggest 15/16th empty on the glass.  dalbuc like a blind sow stumbling on an acorn can show an example of an actual compliment even if it is half -assed. 

However, with dalbuc I know one thing certain  "No fine purse does a sow's ear make"

Cheerleader???  Wow!!  So it is better to boo! and deride the team I support??  How utterly strange!!

I certainly realize that every coach player and GM makes mistakes, I just don't get much pleasure dwelling on them like apparently you do dalbuc.

I have never read anywhere that in football you should dwell and obsess about mistakes.  I define that as a loser!

I find most successful in this business take note of them correct them and move on...

Heard a most interesting comment by Bill Currie about Bart Starr and John Unitas...  No matter whether they threw an  interception or a TD their emotion never really changed... I found that impressive and a key to their greatness. JMHO

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 28, 2006, 06:30:13 PM

Slight correction:

6. Every win that Tampa has had has been due to coaches no longer here, but all losses are always due the current coaching staff (except for Kiffin).

Yeah, which is bull$***. Kiffin is as much to blame this year as Gruden, possibly even more so.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Negativology? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools