Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It could be worse « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: November 24, 2006, 04:44:39 PM

The difference is, today there is hope. They've been to the top of the mountain once, so there's hope that they can get there again. Back in the Culverhouse era, even back in 1979, there really wasn't that level of hope.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 24, 2006, 04:09:12 PM

I think with so many newer fans, everyone forgets how bad it really was during the old orange years. 

The Bucs are having a bad year, but this is nothing compared to those old days. Remember this next time it feels like the sky is falling. It can and has been much, much worse.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 24, 2006, 04:15:29 PM

not that there are newer fans of the team, maybe newer fans stumbling into this website like I did, but I for one am by far a newer fan.....

and Yes I do remember...............

in fact when I was 5 my first jersey was one of those helmets, jersey and pants kits, i got for christmas in 1983

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 24, 2006, 04:17:22 PM

I think with so many newer fans, everyone forgets how bad it really was during the old orange years.

The Bucs are having a bad year, but this is nothing compared to those old days. Remember this next time it feels like the sky is falling. It can and has been much, much worse.

This is exactly what those days were like, only back then there were many seasons like this all in a row.  Back then there was no salary cap.  Back then the league was not set up to create parity like it is now.  In this day and age, if we end up 3-13 it will be every bit as bad as many of our past seasons!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2006, 04:24:31 PM

This is exactly what those days were like, only back then there were many seasons like this all in a row.  Back then there was no salary cap.  Back then the league was not set up to create parity like it is now.  In this day and age, if we end up 3-13 it will be every bit as bad as many of our past seasons!

No, because back in those days we had the cheapest owner in the league. He would not spend a dime to make this team any better. We got to draft the best draft picks year after year only to watch them go and win super bowls for other teams (ie: Steve Young). There was no hope for the future. Everyone knew the team would not get any better the next year no matter how many coaches are hired or fired. It didn't matter because the ownership just didn't care about winning.

I still remember how some Bucs fans celebrated when Culverhouse died.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It could be worse « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools