Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congrats LSU and SEC « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2008, 12:14:27 AM

Once again the SEC shows its dominance.  LSU caps off an outstanding year with a solid win over OSU.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2008, 12:25:27 AM

3 of the last 5 BCS champs.

And even though the Big 10 is 0-4 the last two seasons in BCS games, we'll still have to see a Big 10 team crammed into the preseason top 3 next season.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 08, 2008, 12:27:10 AM

SEC 7-2 this year in bowls and LSU's Nat'l Title

Big 10 3-4 in bowls and once again beat by the SEC (OSU 0-9 is just mind boggling against the SEC). Yet Big 10 fans consistently rag the SEC is overhyped.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 08, 2008, 12:42:03 AM

When people start comparing conferences, I lol.  Think about this.  The second best Big 10 team's coach wasn't good enough for the SEC(Zook).  The 8th best SEC team has a coach with a National Champ Ring(Spurrier).  Seriously, Meyer, Miles, Saban, Spurrier, Tuberville, Fulmer, Nutt, Croom, how many big 10 coaches are better? I'll give you Tressell, but after that???   Hell, coaches are leaving the NFL (Saban, Petrino) to coach in the SEC.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 08, 2008, 08:11:44 AM

John,
The SEC had another awesome year - but you have gone slightly overboard with your post.  Allow me to bring back some sanity.... 

Let me start with Zook.  Run out of UF for not living up to Spurrier's image.  Understandable.. However - Myers won the NC with his team.  Give him some respect for that.  He is one of the tops in recruiting.
Myer - awesome coach
Miles - Not sure if he qualifies as a great coach - although he is damn lucky and does have a ring
Saban - you must be proud..........
Spurrier - God in GVille - not so sure about anywhere else ------
Tuberville - Great Coach
Fulmer - Are you high?  TN is trying to run him out of Kville
Nutt - is he still coaching?  How many programs will he ruin?
Croom - great coach with what little he has had to work with.
Petrino - You are high aren't you?   ???

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2008, 08:24:26 AM

Congrats Big Ten... thanks for another boring BCS game. This year every BCS game was awful.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 08, 2008, 08:28:17 AM

This year every BCS game was awful.
Indeed, but you can thank the Rose Bowl comittee for that.

Would have been nice to have gotten to see UGA vs USC.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 08, 2008, 08:31:10 AM

This year every BCS game was awful.
Indeed, but you can thank the Rose Bowl comittee for that.

Would have been nice to have gotten to see UGA vs USC.

USC vs LSU would have been a great Natl Championship

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2008, 08:55:10 AM

every single bowl game was a joke. totally sucked. georgia vs lsu or usc would've been  A GREAT matchup. but now. had to get hawaii in there. had to get illinois in there.

shoulda put hawaii and illinois against each other.

georgia and usc against each other.

lsu and ohio state against each other.

winnier of uga/usc v winner of lsu/osu.

THAT would have been great.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 08, 2008, 09:20:25 AM

Man you guys are whiny.  Try getting some coffee in your system before you post.   ;D

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 08, 2008, 10:32:11 AM

John,
The SEC had another awesome year - but you have gone slightly overboard with your post.  Allow me to bring back some sanity.... 

Let me start with Zook.  Run out of UF for not living up to Spurrier's image.  Understandable.. However - Myers won the NC with his team.  Give him some respect for that.  He is one of the tops in recruiting.
Myer - awesome coach
Miles - Not sure if he qualifies as a great coach - although he is damn lucky and does have a ring
Saban - you must be proud..........
Spurrier - God in GVille - not so sure about anywhere else ------
Tuberville - Great Coach
Fulmer - Are you high?  TN is trying to run him out of Kville
Nutt - is he still coaching?  How many programs will he ruin?
Croom - great coach with what little he has had to work with.
Petrino - You are high aren't you?  ???

No, I wasn't high.  All intoxicants involved were legal.

My point was that even the 6th 7th or 8th best program in the SEC has a higher profile coach than the 2nd or 3rd best program in most other conferences.
Maybe Nutt was a reach but I couldn't remember the name of UK's coach (Rich Brooks).  Saban and Petrino may be slimey but they were good enough to get an NFL job.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 08, 2008, 10:37:29 AM

Nutt wasn't a reach...he went to the SEC title game with no QB.  That's a pretty good coaching job.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#12 : January 08, 2008, 11:49:01 AM

Nutt wasn't a reach...he went to the SEC title game with no QB. That's a pretty good coaching job.

true - but arguably the best or top two athelete in the conf taking snaps. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Congrats LSU and SEC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools