Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DeMarcus Russell « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 24, 2006, 05:07:19 PM

Yea he's having a great game against Arkansas. I really would like to see him in a BUcs uniform. If the bUcs are picking somewhere outside the top 5-7 I would be all for drafting Russell. For some reason a lot of people on here think he is a mid round pick, but he will be a top 20 pick for sure. O and he is coming out after this year.
I believe it was either you Ray or MBF who compared him to Daunte...he looks good at time, but boy McFadden is stealing the game...

#1 : November 24, 2006, 05:02:25 PM

Yea he's having a great game against Arkansas. I really would like to see him in a BUcs uniform. If the bUcs are picking somewhere outside the top 5-7 I would be all for drafting Russell. For some reason a lot of people on here think he is a mid round pick, but he will be a top 20 pick for sure. O and he is coming out after this year.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 24, 2006, 04:49:28 PM

it's JaMarcus

My bad. 

#3 : November 24, 2006, 04:48:36 PM

it's JaMarcus

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 24, 2006, 04:44:26 PM

If this kid comes out I bet Doug Williams will show a lot of interest in him. 

#5 : November 24, 2006, 05:09:16 PM

It wasn't me who compared the two of them, but it's hard not to see the similarities. Big, about 260 lbs, HUGE arm, pass first with mobility. Good decision maker and accurate arm.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 24, 2006, 06:31:24 PM

Whispers are that he's coming out this season.  After the combine I think you'll see him rise into the top ten.  I can't for the life of me figure out why a guy with his physical attributes, good decision making, and record as a starter in the SEC is not getting more consideration than he is.  I think it's because earlier in the year no one thought he was going to be this good, therefore no one thought he was going to come out.

#7 : November 24, 2006, 07:22:04 PM

I believe it was either you Ray or MBF who compared him to Daunte...he looks good at time, but boy McFadden is stealing the game...
Ray said that but watching him closely he does indeed compare well with Daunte. 6-6, 260 lbs. Big, mobile guy. I love his arm stength though. He could hit some of Grads' missed throws with the flick of his wrist.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#8 : November 24, 2006, 10:20:43 PM

I have been talking with my friends about this guy all year.  I think he will suprise a lot of people when he comes out.  Take a look at how high his release point is...no more batted balls.  Plus he has touch for such a strong arm.  I had hoped gradkowski or simms would pan out, but after this season, I would not be averse to drafting a qb with a higher ceiling.h

#9 : November 24, 2006, 10:22:49 PM

props to Ray, first time I truly watched him and he looked good, but dear God....McFadden + Felix = nearly unstoppable
Ray said that but watching him closely he does indeed compare well with Daunte. 6-6, 260 lbs. Big, mobile guy. I love his arm stength though. He could hit some of Grads' missed throws with the flick of his wrist.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 24, 2006, 10:54:22 PM

Has Russell really been a good fundamental qB. He's accurate but so was Vince Young in college. He never seems like a pro QB, plus his delivery looks slower than mammalian evolution.

He has only really had one good year in college, but he seems to be getting progressively better each year which is encouraging.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DeMarcus Russell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools