Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How to fix the Defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 08, 2006, 05:07:07 PM

We need to add a pass rushing DE and DT, an impact young LB and 2 new safeties. Oh yeah, hire Marinelli back as DL coach when he gets fired by the new GM in Detroit!

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 08, 2006, 05:09:02 PM

We need to add a pass rushing DE and DT, an impact young LB and 2 new safeties. Oh yeah, hire Marinelli back as DL coach when he gets fired by the new GM in Detroit!
IMO There is nothing wrong with Will Allen, Phillips on the other hand..

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 08, 2006, 05:11:10 PM

Watch Will Allen wiff at least twice today on Deuce McCallister. That was embarrassing!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 08, 2006, 05:11:45 PM

Rice is the only guy who gets pressure. I think the Bucs need a DT, DE, LB, and at least one safety. I think this should be a defensive heavy draft with a couple offensive players (mostly lineman) sprinkled in. We should have a top 5 pick. We should be able to get a very disruptive force on defense unless there's a stud offensive tackle available.

I say we go DL or LB with that first pick. Then in the second round you look at O-Line, and the second of what you didn't pick with the first pick. I think on day one though you have to get at least an offensive lineman, DT or DE, and a LB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#4 : October 08, 2006, 05:12:00 PM

who didn't whiff on Duece today?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 05:37:49 PM

The #1 need is a pass-rushing UT.  Quick, someone give me Booger's stats for today's game.  It might take you a while to find them, because there aren't any.  What a waste.  Not only does a strong rush up the middle allow our LBs and DBs make game-changing plays, but because our rush sucks, Monte is forced to use a DB or LB to blitz, leaving one less man in the zone.  We have a lot of pieces in our defensive puzzle that could be upgraded, but a pass-rushing UT can make all the rest look better.

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 08, 2006, 05:45:15 PM

The #1 need is a pass-rushing UT. Quick, someone give me Booger's stats for today's game. It might take you a while to find them, because there aren't any. What a waste. Not only does a strong rush up the middle allow our LBs and DBs make game-changing plays, but because our rush sucks, Monte is forced to use a DB or LB to blitz, leaving one less man in the zone. We have a lot of pieces in our defensive puzzle that could be upgraded, but a pass-rushing UT can make all the rest look better.

I nominate him for "bust of the decade".   Not only did he take money out of our pockets evey year, including the championship year in which he collected his SB money without touching the field, but he got the big contract rather than Sapp in accordance with his "sapp replacement" salary.   He has played soft and is constantly injured.   Move over, Kenyatta, Alvin Harper, etc..   He truly "boogered" all over this team, two GM's, and two HC's.   That gives him a special place in the "bust" category.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 08, 2006, 06:08:27 PM

Do you think McKay had already mapped out his exit to ATL when he signed Booger to that fat extension?  I can't think of anything else he did that has saddled this team as much since he left.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 08, 2006, 06:12:01 PM

I was trying to tell you guys earlier in the week how much they miss Rod.  Now it's even more evident today...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

coopsxx

Starter
#9 : October 08, 2006, 06:28:31 PM

luckily the lions stink and he is getting abuse as the hc, hell be fired, all lions coaches r

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 08, 2006, 06:28:46 PM

what i dont get is how can Rod make that much of a difference with our vet players?  our d-linemen are all vets who have experience in our system.  they know how to play the game, do they really need Marinelli pep talks in order to produce? if so, that's a problem.  those guys (the d-line) are some of our highest paid players.  they need to step up!!!  as for the rest of the defense, i know Rod is a good coach and a great motivator, but we have former pro bowlers and experienced players at each level of our defense.  the drop off from last year to this year shouldn't be this dramatic.  i'm at a loss.......

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#11 : October 08, 2006, 06:34:29 PM

Well everyone knows an impact player at the UT position would make a lot of things on the D better, but they are a rare commodity in the NFL. IMO we should focus on another edge rusher via the draft and try to pass rush like most teams do, from the outside.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 08, 2006, 06:34:55 PM

These are grown professionals not high schoolers.  A pep talk can't make that big of difference.  Booger's play is killing the line.  No pass rush from the UT and he's getting manhandled in the running game.  Hovan is double teamed almost every play and is still being disruptive.

Simeon should keep his mouth closed too.

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 08, 2006, 06:37:34 PM

Rice is the only guy who gets pressure. I think the Bucs need a DT, DE, LB, and at least one safety. I think this should be a defensive heavy draft with a couple offensive players (mostly lineman) sprinkled in. We should have a top 5 pick. We should be able to get a very disruptive force on defense unless there's a stud offensive tackle available.

I say we go DL or LB with that first pick. Then in the second round you look at O-Line, and the second of what you didn't pick with the first pick. I think on day one though you have to get at least an offensive lineman, DT or DE, and a LB.
Kodiak,
Today Rice wasn't even close to Brees all day........that was a pitiful performance by the whole defensive line and in reality everyone on defense.    

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Warhorse

Second String

#14 : October 08, 2006, 06:37:50 PM

Yup. A couple of weeks ago I posted that we needed a DT, MLB, and new safeties.

I am not impressed with either DT's, MLB or current safeties.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How to fix the Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools