Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Intresting read from SP Times « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 09, 2008, 01:59:00 AM

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it, it works. Just saying from what I saw by using the 3-4 earlier in the year that it is a def. possibility that we start using the 3-4 more and more and eventually could switch to it all together.

I really hope not.  I was against all the 3-4 hooha this past offseason and I will be again this year.  The FO made the mistake of not stocking up on good DL; let's hope they don't make that mistake again.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 09, 2008, 02:04:52 AM

Yeah I hear you on that one. We desperately need to find our next #99. This defense hasn't been the same since he left. The crappy thing is, I just don't see anyone of these DT's in the draft that could even compare to him. I mean we had Booger, and he was supposed to be the next big thing you see where that has gotten us. I say we go out and get Haynesworth. I feel with him and the way that #90 came on in the 2nd half of the season and with Greg White we could use Haye next to Haynesworth and have a real solid Dline.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 09, 2008, 03:16:55 AM

Yeah I hear you on that one. We desperately need to find our next #99. This defense hasn't been the same since he left. The crappy thing is, I just don't see anyone of these DT's in the draft that could even compare to him. I mean we had Booger, and he was supposed to be the next big thing you see where that has gotten us. I say we go out and get Haynesworth. I feel with him and the way that #90 came on in the 2nd half of the season and with Greg White we could use Haye next to Haynesworth and have a real solid Dline.

Sapp was a huge loss but the Defense was #1 in '05 without him and #2 this season without Rice. Our coaches make the difference and the front office will get them the players they need for a new dynasty.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 09, 2008, 05:07:23 AM

It was statistically good but unsound when everything mattered. The Giants went 92yards on this D when everything was on the line. That is not a sign of a good Defense. Not to mention how many 3rd and 15's did opposing offenses convert - used to be when that down and distance came up I could go to the bathroom it was so over, but now Im glued to the set wondering if we'll stop 'em. The statistics are misleading IMO. This defense is average ... we need more out of them if we want to return to championship form.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 09, 2008, 07:26:59 AM

Both sides of the ball do not have 'stars'. The good years we had Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, Barber, Keyshawn, Keenan, etc. players who could make a impact play when it mattered. We are good, not great. Expect some major moves this year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 09, 2008, 08:51:49 AM

Yeah I hear you on that one. We desperately need to find our next #99.

pat sims just declared. he'll be a helluva player at UT for the bucs. hope he is there at #20.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : January 09, 2008, 09:16:39 AM

Yeah I hear you on that one. We desperately need to find our next #99.

there may never be another #99

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 09, 2008, 09:29:19 AM

The rookie QB killed them.Ata a minimum he cost them 2/3 games. They were more like a 7-8 team.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Intresting read from SP Times « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools