Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora on the hotseat? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 24, 2006, 10:14:34 PM

If I'm Mora I bench Vick and put in Shaub right now. If my neck is on the line right now then I could care less what anybody else thinks.

Definitely the right move, but I doubt Blank would allow it.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 24, 2006, 10:18:52 PM

How about a new formation where Vick and Schaub line up in the shotgun? The center snaps it to one or the other.  Vick can run and Schaub can pass.

Revolutionary.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 24, 2006, 10:25:06 PM

Personally I hope Mora gets fired and the Falcons keep underacheiving. hopefully in a few years it'll be Mckays neck on the line too.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 24, 2006, 10:43:55 PM

I can appreciate Blank expecting a return for his investment.

#19 : November 24, 2006, 11:32:39 PM

Yep, I wonder how Blank feels about McKay now.  Rich doesn't structure deals any better in the ATL than he did in Tampa.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 24, 2006, 11:51:35 PM

I hope that before they fire Mora, he goes off on the media kinda like his dad did; that is still my all-time favorite interviewy thing.

nflinsider

Starter

#21 : November 24, 2006, 11:58:40 PM

Dude is going to continue to take criticisim until they realize that Vick is the most over rated player in the National Football League. BTW is dad is a complete idiot. I think idiot must run in the family.

nflinsider

Starter

#22 : November 25, 2006, 12:01:10 AM

I agree McKay has made a bunch of mistakes there. Vick and Hartwell top the list. A lot of money was given to injury prone Abraham.

But I dont think the WR are the problem. Jenkins and WHite are good WRs, IMO. Especially for being picked at the end of the 1st round. They just dont have a QB who can go through his progressions back there. Put Schaub in and Jekins and WHite would put up better numbers

I know there is a lot of animosity toward Rich McKay but the guy did build a championship team.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 25, 2006, 12:30:09 AM

I agree McKay has made a bunch of mistakes there. Vick and Hartwell top the list. A lot of money was given to injury prone Abraham.

But I dont think the WR are the problem. Jenkins and WHite are good WRs, IMO. Especially for being picked at the end of the 1st round. They just dont have a QB who can go through his progressions back there. Put Schaub in and Jekins and WHite would put up better numbers

I know there is a lot of animosity toward Rich McKay but the guy did build a championship team.

He hleped build a chamionship team.

I love what Mckay brought but hate the way he left the team financially.

#24 : November 25, 2006, 01:28:23 AM

If I'm Mora I bench Vick and put in Shaub right now. If my neck is on the line right now then I could care less what anybody else thinks.

I saw an interview with Mora yesterday and he said if he was starting a franchise and could pick ANY player it would be Mike Vick. Either the guy is full of BS or he is gonna let Vick get him fired.

#25 : November 25, 2006, 01:31:42 AM

I hope that before they fire Mora, he goes off on the media kinda like his dad did; that is still my all-time favorite interviewy thing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM&mode=related&search=

another good one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zX4ox7aX_wc&mode=related&search=

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 25, 2006, 01:32:10 AM

I saw an interview with Mora yesterday and he said if he was starting a franchise and could pick ANY player it would be Mike Vick. Either the guy is full of BS or he is gonna let Vick get him fired.

I think it's both.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 25, 2006, 01:35:49 AM

That Jim Mora Sr. was a cool coach.   Too bad Jr. is such a dork.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora on the hotseat? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools