Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Harrington, Simms, Plummer, Grads, Schaub, Russell, Quinn? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: November 30, 2006, 11:39:09 PM

I coined the term for slow objects...HUMAN LAWN STATUES

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 30, 2006, 11:29:25 PM

Kurt Warner? LOL. Putting aside the fact that Warner is 57 years old, moves like Frankenstein, is fumble and INT prone and has never played in the WCO then yea maybe I could see him being a good clipboard holder.

LOL  ;D

#2 : November 30, 2006, 11:27:14 PM

Ok so you guys think we should keep Grads and the OL, because theres just so many positives? Whatever. I dont care how promising Davis and Trueblood look, its not promising enough to pass on Joe Thomas who is better than any OL the Bucs have ever had in 30 years. I dont know if you guys are seieng the same thing is me, but our QB struggles A LOT and so does the OL

The BUcs had an average OL in 97-99, Mayberry and Gruber were very good, Middleton was pretty dependable for a time. The fact that someone is debating me by bringing up 97-99 shows how bad this OL has always been

Didnt think about Kyle Boller. That is intriguing

Kurt Warner? LOL. Putting aside the fact that Warner is 57 years old, moves like Frankenstein, is fumble and INT prone and has never played in the WCO then yea maybe I could see him being a good clipboard holder. By clipboard holder I mean QB coach. The guy is a calssic spread offense QB in his prime, very similar to Chris Simms. We all acknowledge that teh WCO isnt the best for Simms, likewise with Warner who is old and not in his prime and frankly I wouldnt want in any kind of offense even as a backup.

I didntu list Leftwhich because I just dont see the fit. He has lots of heart, a huge arm and is a natural leader. He is less mobile than Simms, still seems inconsistent at times with his accuracy but unlike Vick seems to be learning to control the power of his arm, and doesnt seem to fit Grudens offense

Those are my thoughts ayway

#3 : November 24, 2006, 05:54:32 PM

Who do you want next year, options are pretty limited. I think these are the choices

Joey Harrington- Cry baby who cant understand why the city of Detroit was frustrated when he didnt become the franchise QB he was touted as. I mean the guy had a billboard made when he was in college campaigning for the Heismann. Been pretty damn good for the Phins, doesnt get sacked at the scary rate Culpepper did. Been a good decision maker compared to his days in Detroit. Mike Mularkey deserves a lot of credit, guy is a GREAT offensive coordinator. Harrington could build on his success under Gruden in a very controlled offense

Chris Simms- Has had his ups and downs. Had a rough time in Tampa so far. Personally I think he appreciates everything Gruden and Tampa have done for him, some believe he wont want to return even if he is wanted. Could be a better fit in Oakland or Washington. Might not have a choice to bring SImms back if one of the idiots in Washington or Oakland decide he's their guy

Jake Plummer- The snake shares simlarities with Brian Griese. Good fit for the WCO, accept for the fact that he makes so many costly mistakes. Has won a lot of regular season games in Denver, but still his inability to avoid losing games could lose him his job

Bruce Gradkowski- Bruce plays like a 38 year old veteran, but he throws like Gruden. Has no arm. Isn;t as accurate as advertised on short passes either. Has great mobility, is a good leader, seems to understand the importance of not making mistakes, but does he have the tools to make it as a starter?

Matt Schaub- My personal favorite. Proved to be a perfect fit for the WCO in college. Has shown people in Atlanta enough for some of them to think he is the best QB in A-Town. Has decent mobility, probably comparable to Harrington in that area. Lacks experience, but some believe he is more than ready to start in this league.

JaMarcus Russell- Big frame. Bigger then most LBs. Difficult to bring down, breaks away from sure sacks. Very strong arm. Accurate passer. Been a smart decision maker in college and good leader. Looks a lot like Daunte Culpepper on the field. Daunte Culpepper pre-2005. IMO, could start next year in the NFL but you never know what kind of growing pains a guy will have. Seems like he has all the tools to succeed right away

Brady Quinn- Probably the best QB in college football this year. 32 TD to only 5 INT. Has had three 300 yard games this year. A 60%+ passer in college. Seems like a very good pocket passer. Might have had flaws exploited in the Michigan game when he made mistakes under immense pressure from that defense.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2006, 05:56:10 PM

None of the above?

#5 : November 24, 2006, 05:57:02 PM

Gradkowski does have the tools to make it as a starter, people will overlook this but coming into yesterdays game....
Gradkowski 9 TDs : 4 INTs
Romo 8 TDs : 5 INTs

#6 : November 24, 2006, 05:58:06 PM

I think it's a food chain like this
Bruce>Simms>Plummer>Schaub> Russell > Quinn

that's as far as 'targetability' ... I'd rather not see another rook, Schaub would be in a new offense as a first-time starter, Plummer makes too many errors, Simms is iffy...he doesn't fit the O, but he's the best 'vet' option, Bruce is probably the one we should go into war with (if we get Calvin Johnson you'll see a HUGE difference / captain obvious)

#7 : November 24, 2006, 06:00:27 PM

Bruce would be at the bottom of that totum poll. If you are ranking them by who is the best, or will be most succesful. If it is who is most likely to be starter, you could have an argument

#8 : November 24, 2006, 06:02:05 PM

Bruce would be at the bottom of that totum poll. If you are ranking them by who is the best, or will be most succesful. If it is who is most likely to be starter, you could have an argument
it was in terms of 'targetabiltiy' who I think we should 'pursue' or rather 'not pursue' also stat wise Bruce > Schaub and the two rooks are just that.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 24, 2006, 06:02:54 PM

Does Harrington only have 1 year left on his deal in Miami?  Is so he might be a relatively cheap target.

#10 : November 24, 2006, 06:10:03 PM

Not sure of Haringtons contract BUT Culpepper has a HUGE contract and will have to be the starter there next year. Im sure Harrington wont be on the bench, he will be starting for someone after his success this year.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 24, 2006, 06:21:07 PM

Shaub would be intriguing but is he going to come to a team where he might not be the clear cut starter again? Maybe Gruden signs him with intentions of making him his starter, but I don't see that happening. Plus I'm sick of starting over with a new QB year after year. Out of everyone you named who isn't already a Buc I would go with Shaub as the most perfect fit, but my first choice would be to stick with Simms vs Grads in training camp next year and focus or money on D.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 24, 2006, 06:25:05 PM

Schaub will be tendered, and I don't think he is worth a 1st and 3rd round pick plus a huge contract.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 24, 2006, 06:28:07 PM

If Mora is smart, Shaub stays in Atlanta.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 24, 2006, 06:29:00 PM

If Mora is smart, Shaub stays in Atlanta.

Translation: Shaub will be playing elsewhere in 2007.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Harrington, Simms, Plummer, Grads, Schaub, Russell, Quinn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools