Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Harrington, Simms, Plummer, Grads, Schaub, Russell, Quinn? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gone

Hall of Famer
« #15 : November 24, 2006, 06:29:29 PM »

Assuming Gruden returns, I'd say it's most likely Bruce.  I think Simms may want to return, I didn't before, but I think he might if someone else doesn't make a play for him like you said.  I just don't see someone from outside getting the start at this time. 
Both Simms and Grads have issues, but while neither is looking like a premiere QB at this time, QB is not the biggest issue with this team.  I'd rather see us roll with one of them, and focus on the many other holes, than try yet another QB.  I would really not like to see us try and grab a big FA QB.  That money would be better spent elsewhere.

« #16 : November 24, 2006, 06:33:56 PM »

Schaub will be tendered, and I don't think he is worth a 1st and 3rd round pick plus a huge contract.
he's not..

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 24, 2006, 06:35:31 PM »

If it comes down to Simms vs Grads it basically comes down to bonehead int's with a great deep ball vs terrible deep balls with a few drive sustaining scrambles. I'd go with the QB who has more experience in the system.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #18 : November 24, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »

Gradkowski does have the tools to make it as a starter, people will overlook this but coming into yesterdays game....
Gradkowski 9 TDs : 4 INTs
Romo 8 TDs : 5 INTs
  This is proof that stats are for losers & that they prove little.

« #19 : November 24, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »

Gradkowski does have the tools to make it as a starter, people will overlook this but coming into yesterdays game....
Gradkowski 9 TDs : 4 INTs
Romo 8 TDs : 5 INTs
  This is proof that stats are for losers & that they prove little.
Billy Beane isn't a loser, of course if this were a Simms stat, or something anti-Bruce.....well I won't go there.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #20 : November 24, 2006, 06:38:46 PM »

If it comes down to Simms vs Grads it basically comes down to bonehead int's with a great deep ball vs terrible deep balls with a few drive sustaining scrambles. I'd go with the QB who has more experience in the system.

I just don't know how many more batted balls I can tolerate from Simms pitcher like windup that takes too long.   My bet is another team throws an overpriced offer at him and he bolts.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 24, 2006, 06:40:13 PM »

I have no problem going with Simms if the playbook and offense is set up for him to succeed.  That means Gruden calling plays that take advantage of Simms's skillset, and a couple of personnel changes/additions.  Trueblood isn't good enough in pass protection for a lefthanded QB, and we desperately need a good blocking FB.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 24, 2006, 06:40:26 PM »

QUINN

« #23 : November 24, 2006, 06:41:38 PM »

QUINN
unless you want to win....

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #24 : November 24, 2006, 06:46:32 PM »

I have no problem going with Simms if the playbook and offense is set up for him to succeed.  That means Gruden calling plays that take advantage of Simms's skillset, and a couple of personnel changes/additions.  Trueblood isn't good enough in pass protection for a lefthanded QB, and we desperately need a good blocking FB.

Trueblood blocking Simms blindside is indeed a scary thought, and I agree with you about tailoring the offense to fit Simms skills. The only problem with that is the fact that his skills (mainly) are the deep and intermediete stuff. Can the line hold up for him that long? How about this. Kenyatta didn't play half bad this year before he got hurt. What if next year we put him back at RT, moved Buenning to center and moved Trueblood to LG. I'm not what one would call an expert at the nuances of the tackle spot compared to the guard spot, so if that idea sounds atrocious you will have to just ignore this little idea. That would give us a line of Davis, Trueblood, Buenning, Joseph, and Walker. If nothing else it would be a big ass line.

« #25 : November 24, 2006, 06:54:10 PM »

I agree that this team ha smuch bigger issue sthan QB, but a descision will need to be made.

I dont think it will take a 1st and 3rd for Schaub. What are teh FAlcons going to do, give him the max tender? Then when no one gives a 1st and 3rd they will keep him on their bench for one more year and lose him to FA? They will trade him.

Whats wrong with Quinn rj? Aside from 1 lose to Michigan, when hasnt he been a winner?

Escobar, I dont think Trueblood could play Guard. He is 6'8, I dont know the last time I saw a 6'8 guard.

I have no problem with Simms and Gradkowski battling it out in training camp. I would prefer Schaub. My 2nd choice would be JaMarcus Russell, then 3rd Grad v Simms

« #26 : November 24, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »

I agree that this team ha smuch bigger issue sthan QB, but a descision will need to be made.

I dont think it will take a 1st and 3rd for Schaub. What are teh FAlcons going to do, give him the max tender? Then when no one gives a 1st and 3rd they will keep him on their bench for one more year and lose him to FA? They will trade him.

Whats wrong with Quinn rj? Aside from 1 lose to Michigan, when hasnt he been a winner?

Escobar, I dont think Trueblood could play Guard. He is 6'8, I dont know the last time I saw a 6'8 guard.

I have no problem with Simms and Gradkowski battling it out in training camp. I would prefer Schaub. My 2nd choice would be JaMarcus Russell, then 3rd Grad v Simms
It's not that he's not a winner (so was Matt Leinart, Jason White, Chris Wienke ect.) I'd just rather have someone else

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 24, 2006, 06:58:32 PM »

They know Schaub will be targeted by many teams in FA.  If they max tender teams have to speak to them first and agree terms.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #28 : November 24, 2006, 06:58:48 PM »

Yeah I don't either, I just know he played LT in college so going back to the left side might feel more at home for him. Although I know working in space at tackle and working in a confined area at guard are two totally different things, so who knows? I just know I want a damn offensive line that actually does its job for once. Is this team EVER going to have a franchise QB and a solid o-line?

« #29 : November 24, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »

Thats why I say draft Joe Thomas at all costs. Joe Thomas is a monster LT. The bUcs have never had a good OL, ever, yet some people still think it would be a bad idea to draft Joe Thomas if we had the chance

mjs you are probably right abouot that, but I dont think anyone gives them a 1st and 3rd do you? They will end up trading him for a 2nd, maybe 1st round pick
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Harrington, Simms, Plummer, Grads, Schaub, Russell, Quinn? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools