Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get rid of Mark Jones! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : October 08, 2006, 07:27:47 PM

Examples?
You haven't seen him drop a ball?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : October 08, 2006, 07:51:26 PM

I don't have a problem with him returning punts. Right now, he is all we have.

In the offseason we need to get a KR/PR guy. Breaston, Ginn, or somebody through F.A.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 08, 2006, 08:07:50 PM

unreal ... he's been good for us on Special Teams ... if you want to cricify someone, take a look at our punt coverage team ... now there is a bunch of guys taking up roster spots who do nothing else.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 09, 2006, 09:22:54 AM

Jones stays until the Bucs can find someone better.  The failure to bring in someone to that can compete as the punt returner against Jones and play another position is on the coaching staff.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 09, 2006, 09:40:30 AM

No kidding I could do what mark jones can do, get that bum off the roster. Think about this, you had this guy holding a roster spot of Boston???????????????????

Baghead #2

buckit

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 09, 2006, 03:51:57 PM

Dude, Dion Sanders couldn't return punts under our ST coach.  It's impossible to gauge talent in this system, because the system sucks.  Remember when good QB's like Testaverde and Steve Young looked like monkey balls in Tampa?  Remember how great Thomas Jones looked AFTER he left?  It was because they were stuck in Dungy's crappy Offensive system.  Same goes for anyone returning punts in Tampa. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 09, 2006, 04:17:05 PM

Dude, Dion Sanders couldn't return punts under our ST coach. It's impossible to gauge talent in this system, because the system sucks. Remember when good QB's like Testaverde and Steve Young looked like monkey balls in Tampa? Remember how great Thomas Jones looked AFTER he left? It was because they were stuck in Dungy's crappy Offensive system. Same goes for anyone returning punts in Tampa.

...you should have said anyone returning punts for Bisaccia.

And no, I do think Deion could return punts for the Bucs, he could return punts for the Iraqi Towel-craniums.  Jones just lacks any quicks, or burst.  He is a dud out there.  Couple that with Rich and his "Genius", and you have what you see...the most generic punt returner in the NFL.

#22 : October 09, 2006, 05:31:47 PM

Not sure why we have kept this 1-dimensional guy as long as we have.  He's done nothing to impress at all.  Not one damn thing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 09, 2006, 05:33:49 PM

Not sure why we have kept this 1-dimensional guy as long as we have. He's done nothing to impress at all. Not one damn thing.

Well he did field like 54 punts last year...which led the league (YIPEEEE!!!)...and his longest return was for 34 yards....in all those tries!  (HOORAY!)

Mark JOnes is nothing that the Bucs should keep on the roster for.  Let Cox return them.  He could do just a good a job, IMO.  And they would lose Jones "dead" money (lol!).

#24 : October 09, 2006, 05:40:41 PM

you guys do realize PR/KR is a bout the most variable based position in the game, tell me if these names sound familar
Jermaine Lewis, Michael Lewis, Dante Hall.....okay now how many times have you heard any of their names this season? 'crickets' Between PR/KR and K/P there are only a few good ones, the rest are average and barely better than most who never get shots.

#25 : October 09, 2006, 05:45:44 PM

you guys do realize PR/KR is a bout the most variable based position in the game, tell me if these names sound familar
Jermaine Lewis, Michael Lewis, Dante Hall.....okay now how many times have you heard any of their names this season? 'crickets' Between PR/KR and K/P there are only a few good ones, the rest are average and barely better than most who never get shots.

So we leave him out there to do nothing for the team?  If he ain't gitten 'er done, put someone else out there.  At least Cox, Pittman, and others contribute to other facets of the game.  When's the last time that Mark Jone the WR caught a pass in a game?????????  Kick his butt to the curb IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 09, 2006, 05:48:11 PM

And most of them can play another position.  They don't just eat up a spot and do nothing else!  He is a waste, IMO. 

Let Cox return the punts.

#27 : October 09, 2006, 05:50:26 PM

And most of them can play another position. They don't just eat up a spot and do nothing else! He is a waste, IMO.

Let Cox return the punts.
the Lewis' were horrible WR, and Dante Hall hasn't done crap as a WR on a WR FAMINED team, I'm not saying that Jones is worth a roster spot, just saying let's not act like he's AWWWWWFUL

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 09, 2006, 06:04:58 PM

the Lewis' were horrible WR, and Dante Hall hasn't done crap as a WR on a WR FAMINED team, I'm not saying that Jones is worth a roster spot, just saying let's not act like he's AWWWWWFUL

I am not saying he is awful.  Just saying he makes the ST return unit about as generic as it can get.  He is good for a few yards, and won't help create better field position.  The man simply cannot do it, he lacks the physical tools.  He had over 50, FIFTY returns last year, which by far led the NFL.  ANd he had a long of 32, 34 yards...pathetic.

As for Dante Hall, the man is a flat out monster in the PR/KR game.  He may be almost one dimensional, his receiving skills leave a lot to be desired, but he gets some balls thrown his way nonetheless.  It makes him more palatable, espescially considering how good he is at returning the skin.  Or more importantly, the threat he brings when you kick to him.

To burn a spot on Jones, when COX is more than likely to be able to play Vanilla like that, is a waste, IMO.  The Bucs could have kept Fonoti around, or Boston even...anything that might seem to be able to create some advantage in the lineup, or add depth.  Jones does not add depth to the lineup.

Bucz108

Starter

#29 : October 09, 2006, 08:24:15 PM

Mark Jones is the best punt returner the Bucs have had since Karl Williams.  Actually, he reminds me of Williams.  Not flashy, but he's solid.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get rid of Mark Jones! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools