Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get rid of Mark Jones! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 09, 2006, 08:32:17 PM

Mark Jones is the best punt returner the Bucs have had since Karl Williams. Actually, he reminds me of Williams. Not flashy, but he's solid.

Wow...okay then.

MArk Jones is a stud. ::)

LA BUC

Starter

#31 : October 12, 2006, 12:44:29 AM

Thank you this is what i said at the beginning of the season and you guys were all over me . 8yds, 9th in the league I say to slow to nothing go sideways and out of bounds

Larry Brackins

Starter
#32 : October 12, 2006, 12:50:45 AM

Mark Jones is the best punt returner the Bucs have had since Karl Williams. Actually, he reminds me of Williams. Not flashy, but he's solid.
What punt returners did we have between Karl Williams and Mark Jones?

Tim Brown? HAHAHAHA

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 12, 2006, 01:07:43 AM

When was the last time when Mark Jones was back there returning punts, you had the sense that something BIG was about to happen?

Yeah, I can't remember that either.

He is a waste of a roster spot, IMO.

Loosing him, and his wasted salary (IMO), would benefit the Bucs more than he does with his return skills.

Cox can get 9 yards a return, or maybe 8 or 10, and be a backup Corner (shudder, but still), and a returner.

Mark Jones is a grilled cheese sandwich.  He ain't all that.  Unless you happen to like grilled cheese, but after three or four lunches with that, you get tired of it.  Very bland.

LA BUC

Starter

#34 : October 12, 2006, 01:37:18 AM

Or Hamburger Helper without the hamburger.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 12, 2006, 02:23:31 AM

you'll all get your chance to see someone else this week ,Jones has a pulled ham string.How soon we forget the disaster we had with Tim Brown,Jones isn't flashy but doesn't fumble Cox does and while we're at it what do we all think about Pittman so far.

We may see Hilliard back there and if we need it late in the game maybe even Galloway.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 12, 2006, 02:26:08 AM

you'll all get your chance to see someone else this week ,Jones has a pulled ham string.How soon we forget the disaster we had with Tim Brown,Jones isn't flashy but doesn't fumble Cox does and while we're at it what do we all think about Pittman so far.

We may see Hilliard back there and if we need it late in the game maybe even Galloway.

Might as well toss in Galloway.  The guy can run, and can bring it back to the house.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 12, 2006, 09:07:59 AM

Timmy was worse than Jones.  Timmy forgot about the fundamentals of punt returning that little kids even understand.  On top of that he was scared to try to return a punt with defenders coming down on him that were 30 yards away.  Jones has shown he is willing to return a punt with defenders in his face unlike Timmy.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get rid of Mark Jones! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools