Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

clintro

Pro Bowler
« : January 15, 2008, 09:40:02 AM »

Excuse me Mr.GhostOfIntelligence�WE did not play in the game�WE did not coach the players in the game�WE do not own the team�WE are fans that support our local professional team�.WE were not on the field and WE had no control over the outcome of the game�WE don�t own the team�Finally, WE have the option of supporting our team or not�YOU need to understand what a fan really is and if you feel like YOU can do a better job than the current staff and players please by all means go and discuss it with the Glazers

Let me get this straight. You're saying that as a fan, I'm not allowed to get upset when my team loses? That's ridiculous.

No you dolt, get upset all you want...I would punch myself in the face for not being emotional about the team that I support...My problem with this is that the idiot AlvinHarperGhost phrased the start of the this thread using the word "WE" all over the place...WE are not on the field and WE are not at One Buc Palace...WE support the team from where ever, we buy the merchandise, and WE make it hell for the visitng team and that's all...ultimately WE have no actual effect on the out come of the game since we are not on the field playing the game with the Buc players and coaches.
You are correct.. WE only pay their salaries. Stick a sock in it.

And explain to me how doing that makes you believe you are in control of the out come of a game.
We quit going.. we quit buying the merchandise, we quit watching it on TV and it becomes hockey. But you are right.. we should just sit there and be quiet even though it is our hard earned money going to these guys.

Only Fair Weather Fans DO that kind of stuff.... right ghost????

So please take your rightful place as leader of the fair weather fans and stop paying attention until we win it all then you can remind us all you have been a fan since 1976....

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 12, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »

Excuse me Mr.GhostOfIntelligence�WE did not play in the game�WE did not coach the players in the game�WE do not own the team�WE are fans that support our local professional team�.WE were not on the field and WE had no control over the outcome of the game�WE don�t own the team�Finally, WE have the option of supporting our team or not�YOU need to understand what a fan really is and if you feel like YOU can do a better job than the current staff and players please by all means go and discuss it with the Glazers

Let me get this straight. You're saying that as a fan, I'm not allowed to get upset when my team loses? That's ridiculous.
No Oma.. we should be fine with it, even though WE spend the money that keeps these teams up and running. I simply laughed off that guys posts.. he is competing with this Biggs clown as the biggest dummy on the board.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
« #2 : January 10, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »

Nobody can say that Gruden didn't do a great job this season. The injury bug bit hard but the Bucs held strong. Now, am I upset that the Bucs were beat in every aspect of Sunday's game? Hell yeah! I'm pissed, but at the same time, it's the offseason now. There's alot to look forward to.

Going into the offseason, we have millions upon millions to spend on free agents, we have all of our upper draft picks, and the chemistry in the locker room is amazing. So, tell me why you would want to blow it all up and fire the head coach. You want to throw all the blame on Gruden when something goes wrong, fine, but you have to give credit to him for building the chemistry in the locker room, and taking a 4-12 team into the playoffs.

I think the Bucs are in the best position to win this season, however, if Gruden is unable to take this team (at least)into the playoffs, I will be on board to fire him. Up until now, Gruden hasn't had the necessary tools to make this team win(McKay, his trade, etc) which is why I've cut him some slack, but now he has all the resources in the world to make this team win. That's why I want to keep him in Tampa, but at the same time, if he doesn't succeed, that's going to be the reason I want him out.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 10, 2008, 04:50:26 AM »

Gruden is not the enemy. I don't agree with every move he makes or every play he calls, but I do understand he works relentlessly to make this team better.  I recognize that he has accomplished more in his six years here than the rest did in twenty-six years. He is clearly the best HC in the history of the NFCS. I am sure that he has done the best he could with the players he had to work with early on. I do believe he could have made better use of some, but he is paid to make those decisions. I consider his playbook to be more complicated than it needs to be. Under his leadership the Bucs have a Lombardi and a state of the art facility. The man has a record that most coaches would love to have, and we have ungrateful fools who claim to be fans, who attack him for not winning more.

As long as he is associated with the Bucs, I will cheer for his success. If you hope to see him fail, you cannot claim to be a fan of this team.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 10, 2008, 02:53:29 AM »

I am excited about the defense... no players on offense minus Graham offer me any hope that this will be any more than a 20th ranked offense. Saw nothing out of the Oline on Sunday that made me believe that they are ready to even come close to competing pass blocking wise.

You realize we were better than a 20th ranked offense this year and finished 18th?
Yes.. but next year our only 2 skill position players will be 38 and 36... less production.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 10, 2008, 02:54:36 AM »

walking dead head-- the title says you actually had a "thought"-- yet just your same hate stained dribble. And to think I had a brief notion you may have evolved to higher functioning-- silly me!
In other words.. you had nothing good to come up with so put typed out this garbage.

Lorax

Second String

« #6 : January 12, 2008, 10:18:23 PM »

WE had no control over the outcome of the game�

What do you call Homefield Advantage? The Twelfth Man? You need to stop posting.
^^^^ what he said!

Innaccurate Lorax. Garcia was encouraging Graham not disparaging Gruden. Garcia has been pretty steadfast in his support for Gruden and indicated that Gruden was the determining factor in his coming here.

You'll have to look elsewhere to sell that anti-Grudenista phillosophy.
Garcia said we also need to utilize the players we have on the bench before looking to buy out fre agency. How does this disparage Gruden? It does imply maybe all players aren'y being fully utilized. While it's well reported he wanted to come and work with Gruden he may have a little more insight to the man after actually being here and working with him.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 12, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »

WE had no control over the outcome of the game�

What do you call Homefield Advantage?  The Twelfth Man?  You need to stop posting.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 12, 2008, 09:45:11 PM »

Excuse me Mr.GhostOfIntelligence…WE did not play in the game…WE did not coach the players in the game…WE do not own the team…WE are fans that support our local professional team….WE were not on the field and WE had no control over the outcome of the game…WE don’t own the team…Finally, WE have the option of supporting our team or not…YOU need to understand what a fan really is and if you feel like YOU can do a better job than the current staff and players please by all means go and discuss it with the Glazers

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 12, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »

And it doesn't really matter about this year. You know he is credible now - because we all do. How many teams passed on Earnest in the draft? How many could have claimed him off the practive squad?

That's how many knew he would be good. I think the development of the line also aided Mr August in becoming a better runner. Graham has become more fo a Duece McAllister back. We are all just beginning to realize what type of back we have.

I know I over looked him - but I'm not a Gator fan. I don't automatically assume every Gator RB is HOF material as soon as they hit an NFL roster....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 09, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

I hate it when people tell me how I'm SUPPOSED to feel ... sorry, outwardly show how I'm supposed to feel.

Yeah, I was fricken ticked off big time!!!  So, I guess I was supposed to get online, curse out everyone, demand Grudens head, blame Galloway, Garcia, start yelling for a complete rebuilding of the team, etc.?

I was pissed we lost, BUT it was a good season.  I really enjoyed watching some young guys develop, going 5-1 in our division and I could go on and on.  There were a lot of positives this season.  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 09, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »

I am so upset that I got into a fight with my cat today. She looked at me funny. Like
a clown. She won the fight. Happy, Ghost?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 09, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

I do wonder if anyone on this message board was even slightly upset that we lost. Seems as though most were ok with losing on Sunday marking it up as "The Giants were the better team". I didn't seem to notice anyone being kinda upset that we got outcoached-outplayed-outmaned on national TV? Are most of you ok with losing playoff games? Or are you ok with "showing improvement" but still sucking and having no real direction.. which with a 38 year old QB as your only real QB and a 36 year old WR as your only skill position player? It's a simple question.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 09, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »

Punishing Pro-Gruden Anti-Buc people with logic.

You should really rethink that. You must be a pissed off falcons fan in disguise. Stop expecting perfection because it never will happen. We are a good team and we will continue to get better but with fairweather, media gobbling idiot fans such as yourself people will continue to laugh in our face. God Bucs fans act like they got it so friggin tough. Try teams who DONT even have a Superbowl. God you crybabies are bad. Please stop being a Bucs fan. I cant stand being associated with turncoat crybabies as yourself and the rest of the Tampa area.

Outside of Florida Bucs fans seem to be more loyal and supportive then you people that actually live there. Utterly pathetic.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 09, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »

So I mark SGT Shultz down as a "No I am ok with getting humiliated on national tv, but I cannot stand Gruden taking shots for a bad coaching job".

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools