Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 09, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »

Punishing my eyes

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 09, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »

I do wonder if anyone on this message board was even slightly upset that we lost. Seems as though most were ok with losing on Sunday marking it up as "The Giants were the better team". I didn't seem to notice anyone being kinda upset that we got outcoached-outplayed-outmaned on national TV? Are most of you ok with losing playoff games? Or are you ok with "showing improvement" but still sucking and having no real direction.. which with a 38 year old QB as your only real QB and a 36 year old WR as your only skill position player? It's a simple question.

Are you insinuating the Glazers do not know how to:

A. Run a Business
B. Make $$$ from a business

That will be a hard arguement to make IMVHO.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 09, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »

ADW, they have done very well. They know how to make money, so do the Hunts in KC, yet they haven't won a playoff game since 1993. Winning doesn't always make you money in the NFL.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 09, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »

We were a little too young and too old. Not much in the middle.   I am the one who posted the "The Giants are better".  I was at the game and was very disappointed, but there was no flukiness about the loss. You didn't come away thinking the Bucs would have won three out of four times.  We weren't as good as I thought we were.  I was very disappointed and I avoided posting or reading the posts for a day or so after the game because I didn't want to hear about it.

But having said that yes we do have a lot to look forward to with this team, Ghost.  There are a lot of good young players on both sides of the ball.  If we are going to win in the future these guys are going to have to step into the leadership roles. We can depend on Brooks, Barber and Garcia being the leaders in the locker room, but on the field they will be long in the tooth and we will need to have some youngsters step into leadership roles.  But the talent is there.  They are just too young.   

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 09, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »

Well I already answered a similar question you asked last week before the game.  Basically what I said in that other thread was I personaly would not be happy if the Bucs lose another home playoff game.

I also said that if the Bucs lose a playoff game on the road that is perfectly acceptable given how young the overall team in addition to what the talent level this team has currently.

I am not dissapointed with what talent the Bucs have on offense.  People can point to Garcia, Galloway, and Hilliard,  But I will quickly point to Graham, Askew, and the entire o-line.  The foundation of the offense is in good shape when you have an o-line.  That is why the Bucs/Packers have made such drastic turnarounds due investing in that foundation.  

Both these young teams invested on the lines and I would not be suprised if the Panthers are contending again if they continue to invest on the lines as well.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 09, 2008, 07:53:12 PM »

I am excited about the defense... no players on offense minus Graham offer me any hope that this will be any more than a 20th ranked offense. Saw nothing out of the Oline on Sunday that made me believe that they are ready to even come close to competing pass blocking wise.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 09, 2008, 07:58:16 PM »

I disagree with that. 

You are talking to the wrong person with your preference.  I am a heavy believer in good line play and scheme to make WR's, RB's, QB's, TE's, LB's, Safties, CB's look "good" and productive.

Graham is an example of line play and scheme.  Same can be said of the safety spot how it has been a revolving, productive door there for the last decade.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 12, 2008, 09:32:30 PM »

Innaccurate Lorax. Garcia was encouraging Graham not disparaging Gruden. Garcia has been pretty steadfast in his support for Gruden and indicated that Gruden was the determining factor in his coming here.

You'll have to look elsewhere to sell that anti-Grudenista phillosophy.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
« #23 : January 09, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »

I do wonder if anyone on this message board was even slightly upset that we lost. Seems as though most were ok with losing on Sunday marking it up as "The Giants were the better team". I didn't seem to notice anyone being kinda upset that we got outcoached-outplayed-outmaned on national TV? Are most of you ok with losing playoff games? Or are you ok with "showing improvement" but still sucking and having no real direction.. which with a 38 year old QB as your only real QB and a 36 year old WR as your only skill position player? It's a simple question.

so it would make you feel better if everyone here was in a foul mood on monday? posting negativity about the season gone?

you handle it how you see fit .. don't measure everyone else by your way of handling a victory or a loss. you might bash after a loss and gloat after a victory -- doesn't mean everyone else should.

i'm very pleased to come here and see dozens of well thought out posts on "what next" -- be it draft talk, FA talk, coaching changes, contracts, etc. thats the spirit. head over to buccaneers.com if you want to hear a bunch of angry talk.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 09, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »

I'm still upset and thought some things should have been different. But I'm not one to whine or moan
on a message board unless it's REALLY bad and there is no hope of improvement.

If we had cap problems, I would be very worried about the offense. But I have faith that the brass
will go all out and we'll be able to compete offensively next year with our new WRs and such.

I think the O Line did well and next year they will continue to improve. Sooooo young. Did you
really expect brilliance from such a young line?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 09, 2008, 10:37:51 PM »

I am excited about the defense... no players on offense minus Graham offer me any hope that this will be any more than a 20th ranked offense. Saw nothing out of the Oline on Sunday that made me believe that they are ready to even come close to competing pass blocking wise.
How long do you think it takes for an O-line to develop?  You have two rookies and two second year players going against some very good and very experienced d-linemen.  Plus Sears was not fully healthy. 

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #26 : January 09, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »

Yes we lost excuse me for not crying in my soup.  I hate that there wont be another bucs game for 9 months.  Why dont you rub more salt in our wounds.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 09, 2008, 09:39:03 PM »

I hate to fly, mainly because of sleep deprivation the last 10 years. So I had a total of six miserable hours coming and going, which doesn't count the three hours of flight delays coming out of JFK. I'm 0-4 in playoff games I've attended. I really expected to win ONE of these games (actually three of them!)
I particularly thought we'd win when we were up 7-0 and then got a sunburn. Then I had to fly back to JFK and be surrounded by even MORE Giants fans than most of you, folllowed by listening to local NY and Philly radio stations say 'The Bucs stink. They're obviously the worst of the playoff teams' when the Redskins (whom we beat) lost by 21.
So to answer your assertion, I'm thrilled we lost! I hope the Glazers give Gruden an extra year's contract for every season we DON'T win a playoff game. Will that make you happy?
IMHO no real Bucs fan would want to make other Bucs fans feel WORSE about losing. This doesn't have anything to do with Gruden or Allen or any specific figure. But some seem intent to do that. Give it a rest! There's an old saying ''losing is personal, but winning is for everyone.'' We're all suffering, but you have a lot of nerve insinuating that we're not suffering enough because it doesn't meet your Gruden-hating agenda. Others might say ''You're not a real Bucs fan.'' Well, on the flipside, who knows what the heck that means. You want to suffer, that's your business.
If Gruden's here, I'll root for him. If he's not, I'll root for whoever is. I trust a lot of people feel the same way and if that's not good enough for you, then too bad!

In Verner We Trust

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 09, 2008, 09:42:48 PM »

jiust say <click>

Lorax

Second String

« #29 : January 12, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »

How many times did in fumble this season after he was the starter?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools